• Bradley Chubb, Defensive End, North Carolina State University

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baker Mayfield, Quarterback, University of Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schefter is reporting this morning that the general feeling among the NFL coaches and GMs is that Mayfield is the pick.

Interesting that nobody on draft day has a definitive feel for who the Browns will take at #1 but most of the national talk has been about the Giants and whether they should invest "draft capital" on a RB at #2. NYC really is the center of the world...

Schefter is reporting this morning that the general feeling among the NFL coaches and GMs is that Mayfield is the pick.

I'm more concerned about the rumor that the trade down from #4 is in play, particularly if the Giants pass on Barkley and take Chubb. I'm not against it, because several mocks that forecasted the trade down have the Browns dealing with Buffalo for the Bills' 12th and 22nd picks. The players slotted in those positions are Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike McGlinchey, which ain't bad, at all. Plus, Buffalo reportedly would surrender its #1 pick next year. But if Chubb us still there at #4 and they still trade down, I think that would be a mistake.

All reports seem to be that it's between Allen & Mayfield. Could be a total smokescreen, but it feels like Darnold is no longer in the conversation.

When is the last time there was this little clue what would happen in the top 5? You could tell me nearly any combination of Allen/Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen/Barkley/Chubb/Nelson go to any combination of teams and I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I would be in shock if they don't pick Darnold or Rosen. Browns gonna Brown.

Me, too. I am praying that the Schefter report was a product of a smokecreen floated by the Browns. Maybe, since the Jets apparently are all-in on Mayfield, the Browns are hoping to entice the Jets to trade up two spots to get their guy. The Giants will probably go Barkley and that would still leave the Browns Darnold and Chubb and likely the Jets' top pick next year.

But, again, that's a prayer.

All reports seem to be that it's between Allen & Mayfield. Could be a total smokescreen, but it feels like Darnold is no longer in the conversation.

When is the last time there was this little clue what would happen in the top 5? You could tell me nearly any combination of Allen/Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen/Barkley/Chubb/Nelson go to any combination of teams and I wouldn't be surprised.

What worries me is that there is a guy the Browns brought in to help with their draft. I can't think of his name, but he is a huge Mayfield advocate and he obviously has Dorsey's ear and his trust. But does he have THAT much influence on Dorsey?

If they pick Mayfield, I'll be disappointed as hell, but I have to trust Dorsey and Company. But, frankly, as a Browns fan, I've had my fill of Big 12 quarterbacks for awhile.

What worries me is that there is a guy the Browns brought in to help with their draft. I can't think of his name, but he is a huge Mayfield advocate and he obviously has Dorsey's ear and his trust. But does he have THAT much influence on Dorsey?

If they pick Mayfield, I'll be disappointed as hell, but I have to trust Dorsey and Company. But, frankly, as a Browns fan, I've had my fill of Big 12 quarterbacks for awhile.

I’d want to know who is making the decision. If it’s Dorsey, ok. However, if this is Haslem butting in, like with Manziel, I’d be worried.

I'm with some of you in that I will be disappointed if they take Mayfield. I can get by him being short. I can get by him being a Big 12 QB. However, I can't get by those two things when you combine them with him just being an arrogant ****. There are other equally talented guys that don't come with that baggage.

Yeah, I would be in shock if they don't pick Darnold or Rosen. Browns gonna Brown.

I refuse to put stock in any of the ESPN rumors that are being put out there to try to get more viewers tonight, but that doesn't mean I won't be surprised if the Browns eff up what should be an incredibly simple first round for them

It's so easy. Maybe too easy

#1 - Darnold or Rosen
#4 - Chubb or Barkley

If you can't decide between the two, flip a coin. It's likely that either Chubb or Barkley will be gone at 4, so that makes it even easier, just take the guy who is left.

It's so easy. Maybe too easy

#1 - Darnold or Rosen
#4 - Chubb or Barkley

If you can't decide between the two, flip a coin. It's likely that either Chubb or Barkley will be gone at 4, so that makes it even easier, just take the guy who is left.

It really is that simple. I just can’t wrap my head around the logic of drafting Mayfield at 1, when Rosen and Darnold are both available.

Browns being the Browns. Unreal. There must be lead in the water at their facility. There is no rational explanation for smart football guys becoming clueless once they join this cursed franchise. They flubbed BOTH picks!

Again, yet another Browns management team acts like they think they're the smartest guys in the NFL. Fuuuuu****************!

This press conference with Dorsey and Hue is seriously like a comedy show. How in the hell can anyone think Hue could succeed as a coach of a flag football team ? Does Dorsey even know the record Hue has as coach ???

This press conference with Dorsey and Hue is seriously like a comedy show. How in the hell can anyone think Hue could succeed as a coach of a flag football team ? Does Dorsey even know the record Hue has as coach ???

You have a stronger stomach than me being able to watch that.

Status
Not open for further replies.