Bring Back the Old College Football Forum

AEW Champion

God’s favorite poster
When this board was fun

Since I’ve returned to this website in the past month for the first time in around seven years, the main thing I can’t get over is how dead it is around here. The above linked thread is just one example of when the College Football board was on fire with activity. Actually, many threads on pages 6 to 8 of the Archives show how great the College Football board once was.

I wish we could go back to those times. But I guess the excessive moderation (especially by asdfjkl), suspending and banning posters over the years, along with the advent of the smartphone and Twitter, finally killed off this forum or left it on its deathbed.

I’m going to do my part to bring it back. I hope others follow suit.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

It changed when the playoff came in. The BCS for all of its faults, created an abundance of talking points people could argue about. The CFP's only controversy is how inconsistent the committee is. Losing a game back then was almost a death sentence for the season. It had people talking about a multitude of games and strength of conference. It all made the stakes of the season much higher and gave more games national implication.

I'm a hands-off moderator for the most part. Only a couple of times have I had to actually intervene. It's slightly more active now than it was a few years ago, but I think we need about 30 consistently active posters who aren't all just Ohio State fans to reach a critical mass that would bring it back.

Also need to keep in mind that those posts are coming up on 20 years old. Sadly, some of those posters aren't around anymore. The changes of the internet away from message boards as a whole with social media has played a part. There aren't many Gen-Zers posting here. I was in HS when I stumbled on this site looking for football scores - I'm a millennial and of the group of posters in my own age group that were around when I joined or shortly after, most have stopped posting.

Last edited:
Message boards are for old farts these days. The youthful users are what really got this place going in the 00s, the General Board was really a crazy place back then and not only did you have to be smart but also have a thick skin to post. Some of those folks are still here but they just don't post much or even look at the College Football Forum. Gone are the days...

Last edited: