Breakfast for Supper or Supper for Breakfast?

Which of the following do you like to do? Examples? Unlimited choices allowed. Confidentiality. :)

• Sometimes eat breakfast at supper time.

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • Sometimes eat supper at breakfast time.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Only eat breakfast at breakfast time.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Only eat supper at supper time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I'm feeling crazy, eat breakfast or supper at lunch time.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

EagleGuy

Are you a normal or abnormal foodie? I often eat breakfast at supper, but have not done the opposite - yet. Guess that makes me somewhat abnormal! :p

Last edited:

If you've ever treated yourself to to a steak for a morning meal, you've had supper for breakfast.

If you've ever treated yourself to to a steak for a morning meal, you've had supper for breakfast.
Haven't, but have heard of it - very possibly here. Sounds good. I'm tired of cereal, oatmeal and eggs/bacon/sausage (except supper)!

Never had breakfast for supper until I met my wife's family.

I say they are so lazy , they dont get around to eating breakfast until late in the day.

On the other hand, when I really need to get an early start on the next day, I will eat breakfast for supper.

My real breakfast is always the same, oatmeal, banana if available and small yogurt. Find it interesting I never eat that for breakfast for supper. Instead, it is always waffles, hashbrowns, bacon or sausage, eggs etc.

Bacon/ham/sausage, eggs, & potatoes is good any time of day.

I have eaten warmed up leftovers for breakfast a few times.

Hasn't everyone grabbed cold pizza for breakfast?

There is a reason that diners exist past lunch, breakfast for dinner. My personal favorites are fun omelets; things like chili/cheddar cheese, philly cheese steak, and gyro/onion/feta. Greeks in general know how to do breakfast for dinner.

Now Euros do more of a lunch for breakfast with a heavy emphasis on cured meats, smoked sausages, and various cheeses. They also have no issues carbing up with fresh baked goodies.

Haven't, but have heard of it - very possibly here. Sounds good. I'm tired of cereal, oatmeal and eggs/bacon/sausage (except supper)!
Many restaurants that serve breakfast - even Waffle House - will have at least one steak entree. Usually a cheaper sirloin cut, but I treated myself to a T-bone one time when I saw it on the morning menu.

Other than bacon, not a breakfast fan.

If I have anything its typically leftovers from the night before or a prequel of what I packed for lunch that day.

Many restaurants that serve breakfast - even Waffle House - will have at least one steak entree. Usually a cheaper sirloin cut, but I treated myself to a T-bone one time when I saw it on the morning menu.
I had steak and eggs one time at the old Vanson's Restaurant at the Midway truck stop in Monroeville. Not a big fan. I prefer bacon/ham/sausage for breakfast.

McDonald's has a steak, egg, and cheese bagel served with grilled onions. I get the biscuit instead of the bagel.

Bacon/ham/sausage, eggs, & potatoes is good any time of day.

I have eaten warmed up leftovers for breakfast a few times.

Hasn't everyone grabbed cold pizza for breakfast?
Yeah, forgot about pizza for breakfast. Also, cold leftover spaghetti in the morn when I was a lazy bachelor.

Ice cream for breakfast.

Lunch and dinner fairly interchangeable for me. ANything in the house is fair game. Breakfast pretty much stays American style breakfast, other than the occasional bowl of ice cream. It's about the only time I eat vanilla. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, maybe a little Kalua.

Ice cream for breakfast.

Lunch and dinner fairly interchangeable for me. ANything in the house is fair game. Breakfast pretty much stays American style breakfast, other than the occasional bowl of ice cream. It's about the only time I eat vanilla. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, maybe a little Kalua.
I won't allow myself ice cream for breakfast , but I have found when I do eat vanilla ( I only eat Kroger's double vanilla from their private selection label) I really enjoy taking the crunchy granola honey and oat bars ( green wrapper) and breaking them up and sprinkling it over the ice cream. If you like cinnamon on icecream that is very similar.

I do occasionally make fried icecream using cornflakes and cinnamon with honey to wrap around the icecream ball. Heating the oil to 375 and not causing a stove grease fire is a it of a challenge but they are usually small.

Last time I heated a pot of grease, I got a whole new interior to the house. I don't cook. I'm certainly not going to cook ice cream. That granola thing sounds good though. I'll give that a try.

My sons High School football team had a tradition of having all the Seniors over to another Seniors house for dinner the Thursday or Friday before game day. We decided to do breakfast for dinner, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, goetta,hash browns, fruit etc. They inhaled it. I was on the stove cooking all evening. As a family we do it occasionally but haven’t in a while as my wife is on a health kick.

Love brinner. So does Turk.
brinner.jpg