Brady Yingst runs 4:09.20

This meet may have been hand timed. If so, times must be rounded up to the next tenth not recorded to the hundreth of a second which is used for fully automatic timing.

Last edited:
This meet was FAT. This was an impressive effort. Second place was 4:37. Yingst was the D3 cross-country champ last fall and was runner-up in the 1600 last spring at the state track championships. He broke Sam Borchers of Yellow Springs record set in 2007. Lancermania, would you know what this would place him all time in the state of Ohio, all divisions

This meet was FAT. This was an impressive effort. Second place was 4:37. Yingst was the D3 cross-country champ last fall and was runner-up in the 1600 last spring at the state track championships. He broke Sam Borchers of Yellow Springs record set in 2007. Lancermania, would you know what this would place him all time in the state of Ohio, all divisions
JAVMAN83 would know better than me. He has more statewide information.

The only list I have is from the all the athletes who compete in District meets in all divisions in metro Cincinnati. Here are the times better than his magnificant run which have been recorded down here, all from the large school division,

1600 Meters Run FAT/MT
1. 4:03.40 Dustin Horter Lakota East DI Mason Inv. May 4, 2018 1st
2. 4:05.54 Nathan Mountain St. Xavier DI Mason District Mason 2, 2021 2nd
3. 4:07.96 Michael Vitucci St. Xavier DI State June 7, 2014 1st
4. 4:08.52 Michael Hall St. Xavier DI State June 7, 2014 2nd
5. 4:08.70 Jesse Rhodenbaugh Talawanda DI State June 2, 2001 1st

Last edited:
This may place him in the top 20. My longer race lists are still in development. I know that he's not in the top 15 on combined 1600m/Mile lists. It'll be until 2023 before I have deep lists created for the 1600/3200s. I'm currently working on the 800m/880yd combined.

A fantastic performance, but (including mile converts) it will not be in the top 25. I threw together a sub-4:10 list in 2013 that has 23 performances that are faster. I expect he will make the top 25 before the season is over.

For conversionphiles like JAVMAN83 and Seek Up, one mile is 1609.344 meters. For any ranking on the coaches web site, I will continue to maintain separate rankings for the mile and 1600m as it should be, separate rankings for separate events.

For conversionphiles like JAVMAN83 and Seek Up, one mile is 1609.344 meters. For any ranking on the coaches web site, I will continue to maintain separate rankings for the mile and 1600m as it should be, separate rankings for separate events.
I have no problems with that. However, I differ in calling them "separate" events. If you've covered a mile, then you've covered 1600m. Converting down is done for comparison purposes only, not for record purposes UNLESS you have another recording device at the shorter distance enroute to the longer mile. Conversions on my lists do not count for records and rankings (the first two columns on my lists), but do provide a historical comparison between the two events. After all, Reggie McAfee's 4:08.5 mile in the '69 state meet is certainly a better performance than a 4:10 1600m. There's no denying that. I just don't use the conversion for official rankings.

I was at this meet. It was fun watching him run and a pretty incredible performance! Not every day you see a state record being broken. He then ran a 9:45 3200 setting a meet record while helping to pace the 2nd place runner who is a friend of his to a school record.