Boys hoops?...

One point win or 8 point win? I said 67 the winning team had 69. Said 59- winning team had 68. That is pretty damn close if you ask me.

Never said Ellet would kill them, just thought thy were better. I was surprised how Ellet got up 19 and dominated for the majority of the game

Ok. 3 seasons of Fisher ball are just about over. With games against Highland tonite, Gilmour on Friday, and a sectional game against Massillon, I would that the fat lady is warming up. From what I can see, things are only marginally better than under the previous coach. And I've heard that Fish needs to get things going in the right directin next season or it may very well be his last season at Ellet.

Ok. 3 seasons of Fisher ball are just about over. With games against Highland tonite, Gilmour on Friday, and a sectional game against Massillon, I would that the fat lady is warming up. From what I can see, things are only marginally better than under the previous coach. And I've heard that Fish needs to get things going in the right directin next season or it may very well be his last season at Ellet.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. From an X's and O's standpoint Fisher is right there with anybody. Sad to say but 5 wins is twice as many as they've had in a while and they probably had a chance to win 3 or 4 more.

Ellet only has 2 seniors and only one of those (Boling) started at some point, and their best scorer, Dionte Williams was lost to injury Jan.11th.

Fisher's involvement with the youth program has been noted on here several times and Ellet has some decent underclassmen in the 8th - 10th grade.
(Fisher's 8th grade nephew, A.J. Gareri has great potential)

One thing that has hurt Ellet under Fisher has been his ability to have the kids over summer. Didn't have it his first year and didn't have it last year while his contract was being jerked around. He need those kids ballin all summer together against the toughest comp. he can find!

The way the City is looking next year I think Fisher has to win 10-12 overall and play .500 in league to satisfy the Ellet faithful.
Is his job in trouble? No way! Only way I see Fisher gone is if Ellet only wins 5, 6, 7 games next season AND Joe Jakubick becomes available after his daughter graduates!;)

Dionte Williams is in the 11th grade not senior . And he is not playing at the moment because of injury. He isn't playing because he is academically under a 1.5 and un eligible for rest of the rest of the season . Also the two seniors are Christian boiling and Jacob lambert

Dionte Williams is in the 11th grade not senior . And he is not playing at the moment because of injury. He isn't playing because he is academically under a 1.5 and un eligible for rest of the rest of the season . Also the two seniors are Christian boiling and Jacob lambert

Wow, how do you do that?

You misread, I didn't mean to imply Williams was a senior but thanks for clearing up his "injury" status.

Heck, I thought if you just came to school they would give you a 1.5 GPA

Where is Fisher when it comes to these guy's grades. I can remember McGee always knew what your grades were and he made sure you kept them up. Even citizenship numbers had to be good.

Incorrecto...He lost his job because a problem between him and Mrs. Gould-Cheatem:rolleyes:

And she wanted her friend that she brought to East with her from her old school to be the head coach...

Yes, the problem was between Gould & Beasley. It had to do with a horrbile W/L record over his tenure (10 yrs.) and the lack of discipline on the field.

No argument here. I hear he wants ot come back for another season. If i were the principal I would bounce him out ASAP.

Yes, the problem was between Gould & Beasley. It had to do with a horrbile W/L record over his tenure (10 yrs.) and the lack of discipline on the field.

So if that is the case then Hayes should be out after this or next year when he goes 0-20 or 0-30

I agree that Hayes will be gone in a couple years, but the difference between the 2 coaches is that Ickes has been at Garfield for about 8 years, and Hayes only 1. Gotta give the guy at East a chance. Garfield's hoop team is raunchy. There is actually a frightening putrid smell of dead possum or raccoon that follows them where ever they play.

Jhorgan- I cant argue with the thought that he should not be the coach BUT I can argue that the city does not get rid of coaches based on wins and losses

Just being the devils advocate... So you're saying that high school coaches should be hired/fired based upon nothing more than their wins & losses?

Just being the devils advocate... So you're saying that high school coaches should be hired/fired based upon nothing more than their wins & losses?

No way not at all...obviously you have to look at each school's circumstance and many other factors. What I am saying is that city schools do not care at all what the record is when evaluate a coach. A coach gets let go (which usually does not happen) for other reasons.

I can guarntee you that Joe Howard cares about the coaches w's & l's. Some coaches would have been gone a long time ago. But, the decison is not his, it is up to the principal of each school to make that determination. And we know what that has been like.

I just really hope that our guys get a chance to have an offseason this year with their coaching staff. Any word on how open gyms are going? I'm assuming they should have started by now.