Boxing on ESPN

Crusaders

Really pumped for this fight. Should have happened in May, but glad to see a big time fight off PPV. Could be good for the sport not being tucked away.

I think it's October now, but it's easily the biggest fight of the year. Loma is considered by a lot of people to be the best pvp boxer right now and amongst the best of all time. A Lightweight unification bout with Lopez, who's himself undefeated, sets this up to be a great fight. It's even more impressive since Loma is more of a natural featherweight/super featherweight than a lightweight.

I think it's October now, but it's easily the biggest fight of the year. Loma is considered by a lot of people to be the best pvp boxer right now and amongst the best of all time. A Lightweight unification bout with Lopez, who's himself undefeated, sets this up to be a great fight. It's even more impressive since Loma is more of a natural featherweight/super featherweight than a lightweight.
I agree. I've seen many of his fights and will be watching. I may need a reminder closer to October 17 though ?

Very much looking forward to this one. ESPN has done everything within its power to push Lomachenko. It will be nice to see him face a top notch opponent.

He’s fought some pretty good fighters, he’s just so good he’s made pretty much all of them look bad.

His loss honestly needs to be wiped from his record, he received something like 40 low blows and lost via decision. That ref had to be on the take.

I respect Lopez for going after Loma so early in his career, where other top Lightweights are dodging him and each other. But his only chance to win is a KO. Tough to do against a guy like Loma who because of his skill level really doesn’t take a lot of hard punches.

He’s fought some pretty good fighters, he’s just so good he’s made pretty much all of them look bad.

His loss honestly needs to be wiped from his record, he received something like 40 low blows and lost via decision. That ref had to be on the take.

I respect Lopez for going after Loma so early in his career, where other top Lightweights are dodging him and each other. But his only chance to win is a KO. Tough to do against a guy like Loma who because of his skill level really doesn’t take a lot of hard punches.

Lomachenko is both super technical and super innovative. I don't understand the finer technical aspects of boxing but I've seen YouTube videos breaking his fights down basically explain that everything he does is basically perfect technique. But then also he does things no one else does or that are flipping the script on some traditional techniques, and basically countering your counter to his move by doing the opposite.
He is worth a watch everytime he's on TV even if you don't know anything about boxing. You just know you are watching someone who is at the top of his profession.

I need to give Lomachenko more credit for an extended stellar amateur career. Hard to believe we have a top notch championship fight between 2 guys with a combined 30 pro fights. I'm not saying they haven't earned their rankings, but they sure ascended fast.

It's encouraging that more boxing is being televised. I grew up on boxing and I will not pay for a pay per view, so I am very happy we'll all get to see a fight like this. Hopefully , it is a preview of more to come.

Lopez could get lucky with a big KO punch, that’s probably the only chance he has

Yes, you have to think the most probable outcomes for each are a decision for Loma or a KO for Lopez. I could see Loma taking him out late after picking away at him the entire fight and wearing him down.

I could see Loma with a TKO sometime after the 6th round. Can’t underestimate his ability to frustrate his opponent. Lopez is young and could become flustered and make a mistake. Then it’ll be lights out

Berlanga looks dangerous with that power. Will be interesting to see him against some better quality fighters.

Joe Tessitore sucks no matter the sport. Super annoying

Looks like Loma is more concerned with keeping his distance than going on the offensive. He’s got to get more involved the last 5 rounds

I had it 116-115. Could just have easily been 116-114. I went back and forth on the 2nd round. I thought if Loma finished the 12th strong he had a chance.

Tessitore has been wanting to make babies with Loma for months so it was nice to see Lopez throw some cold water on ESPN's man love for Loma. What a windbag Tessitore is. Bradley and Ward are okay. I miss Teddy Atlas.

I think Loma would be much better served to stick at featherweight.

Thought the fight was much closer than the judges scored it, but Loma lost. Julie Letterman scored it 119-109!!! No way Loma only won one round. He waited way too long to get started on offense. Last six rounds saw some great action with a lot of good exchanges between the two. Lopez is tough. I'm guessing will see Loma/Lopez II this spring or early summer.

Thought the fight was much closer than the judges scored it, but Loma lost. Julie Letterman scored it 119-109!!! No way Loma only won one round. He waited way too long to get started on offense. Last six rounds saw some great action with a lot of good exchanges between the two. Lopez is tough. I'm guessing will see Loma/Lopez II this spring or early summer.

My guess is they wait until Barclay Center can be filled and they have the rematch in Brooklyn; unfortunately this time on PPV.

My guess is they wait until Barclay Center can be filled and they have the rematch in Brooklyn; unfortunately this time on PPV.

Brooklyn certainly makes sense with the Lopez connection but I think you're more likely to see it at MSG as Arum/Top Rank primarily uses MSG while Premier Boxing uses Barclay exclusively on the east coast.

Word out of the Lomachenko camp is that he had a shoulder injury in the run up to the fight and that his team wanted to back out but he wouldn't let them. They claim he aggravated it in the second round. He had surgery the day after the fight.