Boomer Esiason suggests college football players are getting coronavirus on purpose

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The WFAN radio host said that he found it “odd” that so many players from big-time football programs have suddenly come down with COVID-19 as teams prepare to report back for workouts. He specifically mentioned Alabama, LSU and Clemson, who have all recently reported coronavirus cases on their teams.

“I gotta be really careful here, because I don’t want to say that this is an accusation,” Esiason said Monday morning. “I don’t want to … I just was thinking the other day about what is going on with the SEC teams down south. And Clemson included, who’s obviously an ACC team. A lot of their players are coming down with COVID-19, oddly enough. So are they trying to herd immunity their teams?”

I’m not saying I believe what Boomer is saying but I have to admit that thought occurred to me a few days ago. My daughter is an athlete at UC and friendly with many football players another athlete told her 30 UC players were COVID-19 positive. I told her that could actually be good news the team could get the virus now in two weeks be over it and develop herd immunity weeks before the season starts. Now it’s been a few days and this story has not broke so I don’t think it’s true but it not an outlandish strategy.

It’s like back in the day how parents used to get purposefully send their kid to the home of a kid with chicken pox. Better to get it now than in season.

It’s like back in the day how parents used to get purposefully send their kid to the home of a kid with chicken pox. Better to get it now than in season.
It’s not really like that at all. 1) Athletic Depts aren’t parents; and 2) this is a pandemic, not chicken pox, if something were to go sideways and an athlete died or was impaired due to covid, an Athletic Dept that encouraged exposure would have legal issues.

It’s not really like that at all. 1) Athletic Depts aren’t parents; and 2) this is a pandemic, not chicken pox, if something were to go sideways and an athlete died or was impaired due to covid, an Athletic Dept that encouraged exposure would have legal issues.
It has a 99.99% recovery rate for people in that age group. And once you get the virus, you’re immune, why risk losing players in season?

It has a 99.99% recovery rate for people in that age group. And once you get the virus, you’re immune, why risk losing players in season?
Probably for the same reason they take precautions in running summer practices. 99.99% of the time no one dies, but your is grass is someone does and you didn’t follow protocol. ??‍♂️

Maybe we as a nation should start doing some herd immunity. The health care experts never discuss that. That is all they talk about is social distancing, testing, masks when you go out, if not stay in your bunker. The quicker everyone gets exposed to this virus, the quicker it will fold like a cheap tent

Maybe we as a nation should start doing some herd immunity. The health care experts never discuss that. That is all they talk about is social distancing, testing, masks when you go out, if not stay in your bunker. The quicker everyone gets exposed to this virus, the quicker it will fold like a cheap tent
I think the recent surge might be related to that. The younger people are getting the disease in record numbers. Maybe it is because they are careless but it is more likely they know the risk and don't care if they get infected.

If you've not seen, at the 5:43 mark......