Bodies of 2 men found bound, gagged in Akron woods; 3rd body found in Copley

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Police are working under the assumption that the two scenes are connected. All 3 had been shot in the head
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths of two men whose bodies were found in the woods Friday morning in Akron and a third male body that was found in Copley. All three were shot, authorities said.

A man in a U-Haul spotted the bodies in Akron around 8:35 a.m. off Cordova Avenue near Redbush Road and then alerted authorities, police said.

One arrest.
Not sure who solved this Copley or Akron, but I can tell you the Detectives for the Akron Police Department must be pretty good, The number of high profile convictions recently is quite impressive.

With a crime rate of 34 per one thousand residents, Jacksonville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes -
Republican mayor in a republican state. smh

Oklahoma City ..., the rates are still 40% higher than the national average.
Republican mayor in a Republican State.

I'm republican. What I can't stand more than urban dems is dumfck wannabe redhat idiots saying they're conservative. They're not. They're anarchists sipping off the dck of mass media personalities. I'll agree we need more Republican influence in the cities but they tend to run off to the burbs and hide. Except for the larger or high economic cities, urban republican politicians are rare. Which ones there are, are not doing any better than similar cities with similar demographics run by Dem Mayors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Republican mayor in a republican state. smh

Republican mayor in a Republican State.

I'm republican. What I can't stand more than urban dems is dumfck wannabe redhat idiots saying they're conservative. They're not. They're anarchists sipping off the dck of mass media personalities. I'll agree we need more Republican influence in the cities but they tend to run off to the burbs and hide. Except for the larger or high economic cities, urban republican politicians are rare. Which ones there are, are not doing any better than similar cities with similar demographics run by Dem Mayors.
not sure your last sentence is true, the problem in the democrat run cities is the letting the THUGS off easy witth no BAIL or limited bail.. and these people should be but in jail until their trial... and then these people with 8-20 different breaking of laws should be thrown in jail for a FULL term.....

what is needed is a BIG jail like El Salvorda has done!!! where the bad thugs should be kept...

For those that cannot read the article from the Beacon Journal.

Copley man charged in deaths of 3 men did prison time for drug ring run out of Akron​

Amanda Garrett
Akron Beacon Journal

Police have taken a 58-year-old Copley man into custody in connection with the deaths of three men found Friday bound, gagged and dumped along two roads.

Officials have yet to identify all of the victims, but a joint statement released Saturday said investigators believed they had been kidnapped from "outside this area and brought to Summit County."

Investigators apparently zeroed in on Elias Gudino within hours of the bodies being discovered, obtaining a search warrant for his Henetta Avenue home Friday night. Gudino − who was sentenced to 150 months in prison in 2010 after federal officials broke up a national drug ring they said Gudino led from Akron − has been charged with one count of aggravated murder and one of attempted aggravated murder, according to the statement.

It's unclear what led police to Gudino or what they found in his home that may link him to the bodies.

A passerby called Akron police Friday about 8:30 a.m. when he saw two of the men's bodies dumped on Cordova Avenue in a narrow wooded area that runs between the city street and a sound barrier blocking Interstate 77 North.

About 20 minutes later, Copley police received a similar call about a body dumped off Wright Road, less than 2 miles away from the Cordova Avenue dump site. Besides being bound and gagged, all of the men had been shot in the head.

Akron and Copley police are working jointly to investigate the case and said Saturday they believe others could face charges.

Public records show that Gudino at one time owned La Michoacana Taqueria and grocery in the 1400 block of Copley Road in West Akron.

Court records show he was born in Mexico and came to the U.S. in the 1980s and became an American citizen.

In 2009, when Gudino lived in Akron, federal agents had been investigating what they referred to as the "Elias Gudino Drug Trafficking Organization," court records said.

Investigators said they had information that Gudino had been trafficking drugs since the 1990s and now had an operation that was based in southern Mexico, but reached across the U.S. in Ohio, Colorado, Oklahoma and other states, court records said.

Much of the investigation, however, focused on Akron, where officials said he was supplying local cocaine dealers and operating his business. When investigators tapped Gudino's phone, they heard him talking to people in Mexico and other states about what he was moving through the trafficking organization, court records said.

Investigators moved in when Gudino and another man were bringing a shipment of cocaine into Akron, court records said. When they stopped a vehicle Gudino and the man were in, they found about 8 kilograms of cocaine hidden in a compartment near the radiator, records show.

A few months later, Gudino pleaded guilty to two federal charges involving drug trafficking and was sentenced to 150 months in prison, followed by five years' probation.

Federal prison records show Gudino was released from prison in November 2017, but court records show he remained on probation at least through May 2022.

I can tell how bad an area is based on how many people try to drag race me on the highway.

Copley Road is the worst... By far

Wondering if this might be related:

Body found in Tallmadge under ‘suspicious circumstances’

Tallmadge police launched an investigation Tuesday after the discovery of a dead body.

According to police, the victim was found in the 400 block of West Avenue under “suspicious circumstances.”

I figured it probably didn't have anything to do with it but there are so few murders in Tallmadge that I thought it could be related based on the timing.

I'm also having a tough time figuring out where this is:
1678834694804.jpeg

It says 400 block of West Ave but that would be by Park Ford.

I figured it probably didn't have anything to do with it but there are so few murders in Tallmadge that I thought it could be related based on the timing.

I'm also having a tough time figuring out where this is:
View attachment 39747

It says 400 block of West Ave but that would be by Park Ford.

I think it is in a parking lot in front of what looks like a vacant building between Park Ford and the Alinement Shop. Beige building.

Not sure who solved this Copley or Akron, but I can tell you the Detectives for the Akron Police Department must be pretty good, The number of high profile convictions recently is quite impressive.

Maybe the prosecutor isn't a George Soros hire

I'm surprised that the Youngstown media hasn't published a story yet about who these 4 victims are. WKBN has an investigative reporter who's usually pretty good at these sort of things. Maybe it's a work in progress.

I'm surprised that the Youngstown media hasn't published a story yet about who these 4 victims are. WKBN has an investigative reporter who's usually pretty good at these sort of things. Maybe it's a work in progress.
From everything I've read it seems like it is a drug thing. Maybe something ongoing there and I also wonder if the police are having trouble identifying. The one victim who survived barely spoke any English

Vindicator identified the first three on March 14th:

Vindicator identified the first three on March 14th:

I'm referring to the background story on these 4 victims and why/how they ended up in Akron. Local media has been pretty good in the past when covering this "high profile" type of stuff. Sort of what the coverage would be like if 4 guys from Akron ended up in Youngstown under the same set of circumstances.