Boardman Spartan Invitational... ???

Does anybody have the inside scoop on the Boardman Spartan Invitational on Sept 19? For Div I & II, there are 3 races each gender. Any idea if it's a random draw or are they seeding the races?

Long day for Bay with girls early and boys later. Good match ups for D2 boys and girls. Everyone who is anyone should have a good sense of what they need to do the rest of the season. Anxious to see how Kenston makes out. Both boys and girls have looked strong so far. I wonder at which point in the Browns game I tune out and start just pouring through the D3 stats to get some sort of enjoyment?

I'll be looking at the DIII race results long before I give any thought to the Browns game. When asked the other day about who will win tonight's Browns-Bengals game, I answered "anybody who doesn't watch it."

I got my flight confirmed, rented my car and bought my ticket for today’s race on line. At the last minute I had to back out. I really thought Psychodad was going to be there. Oh well there are a few dollars down the drain. Keep me informed of how the races are going Mr. Slippery.

Boardman
D3 boys
1. Canton Central Catholic
2. East Canton

D3 Girls
1. Maplewood
2. Gilmour Academy
Sorry I couldn't give you any updates. I wasn't home this evening, and I wasn't at Boardman either. About all I can tell you that you wouldn't know from seeing the results is that the weather tonight in NEO was excellent (then again, I think Ted Rupe includes that in the top corner of the results) - low 60s, a chill breeze, and relatively low humidity. It was a good afternoon/evening to run fast.

The DIII action went about how I expected. The region has some good teams, but it's clearly not as strong at the top as it was last year. At the couple meets I've attended this year, the prevailing theme from most coaches I spoke to was a lack of numbers and a lack of depth.

Hoover boys take the A race with a solid showing. Moore wins the B race in 15:48. Kenston boys showed their wins over Woodridge in previous weeks were all that by winning the B team race.

Stow girls take the A race and also produce the fastest individual runner among the DI girls with an 18:54. Bauer makes it an individual sweep for Lake by taking the girls B race in 18:58. Shaker Hts. and Kenston girls tied for 1st in the DI Section B race. Lazy Goat Timing must not be using the same rule book as EuclidandViren since Shaker Hts. was listed in 1st place and Kenston in 2nd place after Shaker Hts' #6 runner's 20:30 prevailed against Kenston's #6 runner's 20:40.

Woodridge boys win.. Best 1,2,3,5,6 and 7 2nd best 4 by one place. Marlington and Bay look good. Falls way off after those 3. Woodridge has a front runner and solid depth. #7 better than everyone's 5.

$v$m girls beat Woodridge girls. Woodridge ahead through #3, but $v$m too much at 4 and 5. Could have scored 6-7 instead of 4-5 and still won. Hathaway Brown and Poland Seminary round out the top 4 teams. Big drop off after that.
Hathaway Brown and Woodridge are nearly identical teams. Woodridge was better at #2 by 5. The other margins were 4 or less. Poland is right in the mix through 4. Not really going to say they have a 5 problem, because she is solid compared to all the teams except the three ahead of them. Top 4 teams look very good.

We had a conversation about Hathaway Brown and Shaker Heights earlier this week. What the GA Coach said rang true. He said both were top 3 teams in the region. It’s also good to see Mentor come back around. They have a lot of depth. As they mature I see them surprising a lot of folks. In D3 Maplewood and Gilmour look to be heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. When both teams get to full strength it should be anyone’s game.

D2 Boys: It doesn't get much easier for those teams not in the top 3 as Woodridge had the first 3 non scoring runners in for teams. Bay had the next 3. Woodridge #10 better than every #5 except Bay and Marlington. Woodridge and Bay have excellent depth. All 3 of the top teams are set up well for next year too.

D2 girls: $v$m and Woodridge also have all the depth with Hathaway Brown in there with a solid 8th.

The top teams seem solid in D2.

Call the Senior Center in Twinsburg to reserve a spot in the shopping van headed @ 7am to Giant Eagle on Monday, and Tuesday at 12:30 is Bingo in the Park.