Boardman football coach Joe Ignazio resigns from program

I heard last week that Kuntz(sp?) from Struthers, who's now w/ the Dolphins, was the front runner. Apparently, him and his wife never officially gave up their positions here b/c the gig in Miami wasn't long term and was just to see how it went and if it would lead to a bigger position. Not sure if that's true, but that's just what I heard. Also heard he may be interested in Poland as well, as he coached there previously. Maybe just rumors, but heard from multiple people now.

I heard last week that Kuntz(sp?) from Struthers, who's now w/ the Dolphins, was the front runner. Apparently, him and his wife never officially gave up their positions here b/c the gig in Miami wasn't long term and was just to see how it went and if it would lead to a bigger position. Not sure if that's true, but that's just what I heard. Also heard he may be interested in Poland as well, as he coached there previously. Maybe just rumors, but heard from multiple people now.
Highly doubtful. His wife never left to begin with, would be the dumbest move he could
Make in the world, especially after all the good news the dolphins have said about him lately

Dumbest I’ve ever heard man. He isn’t giving up those NFL checks to coach at Boardman lol. He left his job open because he didn’t know if he would be a good NFL coach. Turns turns out he’s doing a great job. Complete rumor. if it’s not please come back to Struthers hahaha

You should not listen to whomever told you this. Wow. Terrible take.

It could be a little early, but has anyone seen a schedule for next year yet?
Not much showing up. This is all I saw on Arbiter:

Fri Aug 27- Youngstown Chaney at Rayen Stadium
Fri Sep 3- Massillon Jackson- at Jackson Robert Fife Stadium
Fri Sep 17- Youngstown East at Boardman
Fri Oct 22- Canfield at Boardman

I believe week 6 is all that’s open. But not sure where some games may be due to last year’s revised schedule. Should be something like this. Lake Catholic is open week 6 per ohsaa. That wouldn’t be a bad opponent.

outside of Jackson game, which could go either way, they really have no reason to lose any of the other games in 1H of the schedule.

@ Chaney
@ Jackson
Howland
East
Mooney
Open
Harding
@Ursuline
Fitch
Canfield

I believe week 6 is all that’s open. But not sure where some games may be due to last year’s revised schedule. Should be something like this. Lake Catholic is open week 6 per ohsaa. That wouldn’t be a bad opponent.

outside of Jackson game, which could go either way, they really have no reason to lose any of the other games in 1H of the schedule.

@ Chaney
@ Jackson
Howland
East
Mooney
Open
Harding
@Ursuline
Fitch
Canfield
Six or seven home games would be nice.
A little surprised Arbiter isn't updated.

A side note: With six games at home and two a stones throw away, the athletic department is saving a mint on gas.
It's a smart move on the part of the Boardman AD. (y)

@ Chaney
@ Jackson
Howland
East
Mooney
Open
Harding
@Ursuline
Fitch
Canfield
Here's what I have so far from AD's and other sources:

1 -
2 - @ Chaney
3 - @ Jackson
4 -
5 - East
6 -
7 - @ Harding
8 -
9 - Fitch
10 - Canfield

Mooney's only open date left is Week 1.
Week 4 could easily be Howland
Week 8 could easily be Ursuline.

Coach Antram was officially introduced tonight at Boardman. Staff is being put together as we speak. Complete defensive overhaul.

The change in D scheme is good to hear. It just doesn’t work in today’s game.

I didn’t have as much of an issue with offensive style as I did with in-game playcalling. So I’m fine with a similar style offense.

Looks like week 6 at Benedictine will fill out schedule. Nice addition.

Not 100% sure on weeks on a few games but seems like home vs away is:

Home:
Mooney
Howland
East
Fitch
Canfield

Away:
Chaney
Jackson
Benedictine
Harding