Boardman football coach Joe Ignazio resigns from program

The favorite withdrew his name,wanted to have the former WR coach ,yes AH on his staff, but Sparty said no way.

Not to sound ignorant here, but how do you know there are 7 candidates but don’t know who they are?
Probably got it from early tweet via wfmj.

I don’t think the hire will be anyone that’s been mentioned on here. But that doesn’t mean it won’t potentially be a good hire of a current head coach. I think we’ll know by next week at latest.

My personal opinion, and I don’t know that he is even a candidate, but I think a larger school like Boardman should hire a guy like Armeni who has overachieved at LaBrae.

How about Fecko? I’m just curious who it is narrowed down to at this point. I’m not a huge PJ fan but I’m just throwing names out there that would be attractive to Boardman

How about Fecko? I’m just curious who it is narrowed down to at this point. I’m not a huge PJ fan but I’m just throwing names out there that would be attractive to Boardman

Good coach but I felt like he was getting stale at Mooney. Plus there are other issues unfortunately he has to tend to...

That being said, a name that was floated earlier on this thread I could see now maybe being on the staff.

Very surprised this wasn’t an article in the newspaper already. If the list was as large as some of you said, I would think they couldn’t wait to release it to the public.

Hulea, Dota Sherpas King, AH, Popioand an out of town guy! My spelling is bad .
If that is true then it’s a pretty weak list, obviously depending on who the out of town guy is. I don’t know who King is or AH though. Hulea is by far the best coach on the list and is retired so that means they don’t need a job for him. I’d look for him to be the next head coach.

Hulea would be perfect. "Been there, done that" at Poland. Made Leetonia respectable again.
That is if he even applied...all this stuff is just guessing. I’d imagine its not completely accurate. Still think a lackluster list says a lot about how outsiders view this job. Is starting to smell like a first time head coach time just like the last few Boardman hires.

Hulea's first head coaching gig was in 1989 at Crestview..... almost 32 years ago. How long before he decides to retire? Does Boardman really want to bring in a head coach that might retire in 2-3 years? They'd be right back where they are right now!

Hulea's first head coaching gig was in 1989 at Crestview..... almost 32 years ago. How long before he decides to retire? Does Boardman really want to bring in a head coach that might retire in 2-3 years? They'd be right back where they are right now!
Unless he brings in young assistants and grooms them to take over

Unless he brings in young assistants and grooms them to take over

Good point. However if I were Boardman, I'd be damn sure that's what going to happen before hiring him! I'm not saying he's a bad coach, not at all. I'm just saying that if I were Boardman, I'd want to look at how long a coach might stay is all.

From what I've heard, there is 1 particular name on the final list that would be a mistake if hired. Same ole Boardman if they go that route.

From what I've heard, there is 1 particular name on the final list that would be a mistake if hired. Same ole Boardman if they go that route.
From the list someone shared with me, there are a lot of names that would qualify. Lackluster options...they better hope Hulea is actually an option, I have been told recently he isn’t.

Heard that there were 3 coaches with HC experience that they hardcore went after, but their pay scale isn't great, and all 3 are teachers. Leaning towards an assistant coach from an area school.........

Heard that there were 3 coaches with HC experience that they hardcore went after, but their pay scale isn't great, and all 3 are teachers. Leaning towards an assistant coach from an area school.........
Any reason not to share names? Not just you, and no bad blood, just wondering why people on here talk talk talk but won’t reveal names.

Hulea is 58, or 59 years old I believe? Still young; plus the Spartans need a coach with some grey in his hair. Hulea will be coaching for another 10 years or so. They need somebody like him with the talent they have.