Boardman Football 2020

I watched the Canfield game on the computer and was grateful that OHSAA permitted playoff game to be broadcast. Congrats on a home playoff win .. Unfortunately this coming Friday against Riverside someone commented above and stated to give Terrance Thomas the ball as much as possible which I’d agree with until the opponent double-teams him like Canfield did against T Thomas and Cam Thompson in Canfield game and then boardmans foolish offensive play callers don’t have the ability to adjust or simply be content to run the ball because the run game was there the entire game but they want to force-feed passing , or the plays they prefer to call rather than call what’s available or what the opponents defense is giving up like in Canfield game and Cuyahoga Fallsgame as well ! Boardman actually continued to throw the ball vs Cuy falls when they we’re up by 32 pts in 3rd qtr on 1st and 2nd down against demoralized Cuyahoga Falls team even when the game clock by a mercy rule was in effect with a running clock which tells me that these are distorted scores against teams and they want to showcase pass and not establish run game . Boardmans lack of success against good teams reflects their poor decision making in every area possible Coaching wise . When it matters against the better teams boardman poor play call decisions reflect in the offensive points scored bc boardman dosnt sustain drives and as a result against the better teams (Ursuline 7 points I think) (,Fitch 3 points) , and Canfield when BHS only scores measily 6 points even when Triveri was back as starter in that one against Canfield when Boardman could have had 300 rushing yards with anyone of the BHS running backs and could have scored 21 points easily if they ran the ball ! But these play callers crap themselves and do NOT put these players in a position to succeed or win including Triveri bc they either can’t adjust or only want to let certain players touch ball most often even if double teamed when the opponents defense are forcing and giving boardman the running lanes but the play callers can’t help themselves unfortunately and try and call all this crazy play call on really important 2nd and 3rd and 2 yards for a 1st down type drives . Run the ball when available and it helps keep BHS defense off the field and grind clock which keeps boardmans suspect defense off the field .It will open up the pass even bigger success after a qtr or so. .. i’m certainly not saying don’t throw because their are so many big Weapon threats on the offensive side of the ball but it’s almost as if the Coaches think they have to be this crazy non huddle high paced majority throwing team rather than just take what the defense gives and that’s why this offensive play calling staff needs to go .... Against any decent opponent Boardman will lose by being out coached.... 80% of Boardmans losses over the past 6 years are from being out coached unfortunately!!I’m sure you pass lovers no matter what will go crazy over this and distort my point but I just prefer to win regardless of how I have to win and it dosnt have to be all highlight reel play calls !,, Regardless good luck this week bc if approached and coached properly it’s a winnable game . But history tells me the definition of insanity will apply again unfortunately but I hope I’m wrong ..

Hopefully Trveri is put into a good position by the coaching staff this week because he completely changed this offense for the better since his return . The defenses now HAVE to account for the outside receivers and not stack the box as happened in 1st 4 games which crippled BHS .. So even the threat of him has changed this running,passing and entire offense for the better. Hopefully the staff can run a balanced offense and put this kid in a position to succeed at even greater levels bc he has done well so far but by taking what defenses give play call wise and not just force certain players or plays and call the play that is really open based on defense called to moves the chains even if it is a run or pass .. I hope they allow this kid to have great success because he is a real threat if they use him properly because he really does open so many other things up even by just only the threat of him passIng which gives bigger running lanes as has also been the case the past 2-3 weeks because he truly is a real passing threat. . Granted the throwing passing freaks with the wide receiver and QB talent is dangerous when Boardman has a balanced run and passing average early in the game not just run the ball the last 14 plays with evens out the run versus pass. If the line can provide Trveri support and time and they mix up the plays with the running game they have in addition to the scary good receiver corps this could be one of the strongest offenses in many years . Let’s hope the defense has a strong outing and makes the adjustments on the seams and their D line has some penetration because Riverside offensive line is a Freak show good !, The offense does well even preparing this team for next year which can be strong year if the staff comes together.. Good luck Spartans

Boardman picks off Riverside early but the snap sails over Triveri's head for safety. Riverside gets the ball back and goes down and scores.

Riverside 9

Boardman 0

Inexcusable redzone play calling and poor tackling again..get a new staff in here. If you have the right guys in place Boardman could be a regional title contender next season with almost all the returning skill...

Tough loss. With a good coaching staff Boardman beats that team by double digits. Hate to see them lose but glad to see a new era start with a really talented group returning. Hopefully they make the move quickly as it would be great to get the new staff in there and start preparing for what could be a very good 2021 season.

I don't know how you can be happy with the results. Enormous potential, you have a prototypical 6 foot passing quarterback who is agile enough to run. You have perhaps one of the best possession receivers in NE Ohio, one of the best athlete type WRs who you can put anywhere with success. A solid running back. And always a good way to develop 3/4 type WRs...

It's basically take advantage of the skill and restore the traditional Boardman toughness in the trenches and have better executed game plans/play calling and this team has limitless potential. Oh and a kicker who is going to be here 3 more years and already can reach the end zone.

Mike Pavlansky would be a fool to leave Canfield but throw everything you can at him. How about Sean Gurrriero at Springfield? I believe he is a boardman resident as well. I'd even reach out to Ron Johnson at Salem..he's done a good job there and won at McKinley before getting run out of there

Problem is lately, it's always been a Boardman guy in charge and some of the old guard still on staff or lurking around the program. This needs to be a complete overhaul.