Boardman Football 2020

They should win this week vs Cuyahoga Falls but I’m sure it will be much closer than you’d expect an 11 vs 22 seed matchup to be.

Unfortunately, I don’t see anything to-date that would tell me they will beat Riverside or that it will be close. Boardman has not been competitive in any of their 3 games vs quality teams and Riverside is probably on par with Canfield and Ursuline. Unless Boardman miraculously finds a run defense and a new OC, it’s not likely.

They could easily beat Riverside. Definitely more talented but yet coaching I'm sure will hold this team back as always.

They could easily beat Riverside. Definitely more talented but yet coaching I'm sure will hold this team back as always.
Talent isn’t the issue. I’m not sure on straight talent anyone that Boardman played this year had more talent or at least it was close enough.

Maybe I’d give Fitch a slight edge but honestly I think their exceptional QB and having an offensive gameplan and in-game playcalling are a big factor in how good they have been.

Slight edge....lol. That's a good one. Best of luck in the playoffs.
In overall talent - not on team quality. Fitch is clearly much better overall than Boardman.

But it’s not like Fitch has a bunch of D1 talent out there though. You’re not exactly Hoban or Massillon in talent. That being said I think Fitch could give either one a battle, which is not saying any negative, just saying you guys are maxing our the talent you have where Boardman is not even close to doing so.

Boardman can lose any game regardless if they are favored or not so don’t underestimate Cuyahoga Falls !! Now Cuyahoga Falls is a different type run 1st type team who can throw when they want . Their offense isn’t a wing-T but some form of that running system !! They have athletes and a qb that has some ability and in skill positions other very good players with their RB and QB being athletic to mention a few ...... The teams Boardman have played with the exception of Fitch ,Ursuline ,Canfield was a less competitive schedule on the whole then games Cuyahoga Falls has played in my opinion... Mooney Howland and East are not very good football teams , so I feel that Cuyahoga Falls are better battle tested then Spartans. They have played against middle range to lower level games such as Westlake 3-3 , Revere 3-2 and then the other 3 games were against Copley 5-0 (played them 2 times this season )and Aurora 5-1 were very good teamsI just hope boardman doesn’t overlook them. Hopefully boardman comes to play in what will be the last home game of Ignazio’s career.!!!! l.
I’m assuming Spartans win against Chagrin Falls... Then vs Painsville Riverside, boardman will see a passing team so hang on bc historically the Spartans give up big 3rd downs againt passing teams !!.. Even though boardman frustrates the hell out of me ,I wish the Spartans the very best and I am still rooting for them find a way to get it done ! .. I honestly believe whatever the outcome is , Ignazio has seen his last days as the head coach at boardman. He cannot recover from the debacle and embarrassment from Fitch Ursuline and that Canfield game especially with the offensive play calling and timeouts debacle ... Hopefully Boardman doesn’t force the pass again this week and just takes what Chagrin Falls defense gives them because last week the run was there and boardman just couldn’t be a run team and forced throwing at wrong times. The play callers want to throw rather then take what the defense gives them and again it’s just defeating !!!!!

14-0 2Q. Nice to see a game where they are controlling the line. Again Terrence Thomas incredible on returns. Not sure there’s many better return men in the state.

Fun bit of trivia, Boardman and Cuyahoga Falls played in 08 and 09...through 10 quarters including those 2 games and the first half of tonight's game the black tigers have yet to score a point

I know we've dumped on the district and all but this would be a very attractive job to someone for next year.
For sure. The junior class is loaded and a good coach could easily have this team battling at the top in R5 next year. Boardman’s problem has not been talent. Even with Ignazio they probably could back their way into 6-4 or 7-3 playoff appearance in 2021.

Falls's worst defeat all year, and they played Copley and Aurora better. So maybe this team has a chance with the team being healthier and having more time in live game action...

The Hammond brothers were really good too and extremely tough matchups with their height and athleticism. I think Thomas and Thompson are more polished and versatile WRs though.

I never saw Ferranti but always heard he was great. And Herb Williams was a star at YSU but on a Boardman team with Bill Bohren coaching that ran the ball 95%+ of the time, so he didn’t really get to show off his skills.

Riverside is a good team. Could honestly see them blowing Boardman out or could also see Boardman winning this game easily. Should be an interesting one.

Same things as usual - the D has to play better than they have most of the season. Stopping the run is key and if they can’t do that they’ll lose badly.

On offense they need to find as many different ways to get the ball into Thomas’ hands. And most importantly minimize the stupid mistakes/playcalls. They have the ability to put up big points but tend to be their own worst enemy.

Same things as usual - the D has to play better than they have most of the season. Stopping the run is key and if they can’t do that they’ll lose badly.

On offense they need to find as many different ways to get the ball into Thomas’ hands. And most importantly minimize the stupid mistakes/playcalls. They have the ability to put up big points but tend to be their own worst enemy.
How is the Boardman pass defense? Riverside QB looks legit throwing the football. Kind of similar to the Sherwood kid from Fitch. https://www.hudl.com/profile/9257013/dom-lulow

How is the Boardman pass defense? Riverside QB looks legit throwing the football. Kind of similar to the Sherwood kid from Fitch. https://www.hudl.com/profile/9257013/dom-lulow
Watching those highlights my thoughts are: Boardman is in trouble. I know Riverside’s schedule wasn’t exactly great, but the kid looks like he can make plays on his feet and with his arm. And w/ Boardman’s lack of pressure that’s not going to go well.

They blew out Perry, Perry has a better back then anyone boardman has seen to date, boardman will have to throw the ball effectively to keep it close