BLM movement and OSU wrestling

Italians got paid in cash? Im pissed I missed it.

In 1891 in New Orleans, LA, a dozen Italians immigrants were acquitted for the the alleged murdering a police officer. The day after their acquittal an angry white mob attacked, and lynched them. The US recognized their role in this travesty. Later each one of their families reiceved an apology, and $25k a piece from the US government for their pain and suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tuskegee Airman fought for and loved this Country.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Please take this a step further and research the America that our African-American veterans returned home to after both world wars. It was a country that discriminated against them and segregated them based on their race. It took 20 years after the end of World War II to get the Voting Rights Act passed to guarantee them the rights already promised to them under the Constitution.

I don't do Social Media so I'm not aware of what Tom Ryan said on his Twitter account. Is that his personal account? Took a drive 2 weeks after the BLM protest in Columbus. I also took a camera. 200 pictures of destruction. Started at high street and interstate 70. Headed north to campus. Didn't see a single window. Plenty of BLM graffiti and f the police. Is not respecting that behavior racist? BLM protest destroyed Columbus. Imo

That’s what this movement has become “burning the m’fer down”. Most of these people really don’t care. They are mostly confused, white liberal cry babies that are getting bored with Call of Duty in mommies basement.

Im sorry you do not see the destruction this movement has caused to American cities. The violence that has been perpetrated towards men and women of all colors and unruly attrocities committed against law enforcement in the last several months. This certainly stained and devalued this ridiculous movement and is not helping men and women of color. It is dividing us up and pitting one against the other. Keep calling people racist you POS b/c they don’t support this crap. It crazy liberal cucks like you that are being laughed at by the vast majority of people around the world.

This isn’t Fakebook. Go heckle someone somewhere else. Let’s talk wrestling or shut up.

This isn’t Fakebook. Go heckle someone somewhere else. Let’s talk wrestling or shut up.
Usually I would agree with you. But the header in this thread tells you what you are going to read. It's nice for people to be able to vent and state their opinions. I look at it as educational and appreciate the moderators allowing latitude for vigorous disagreement. Sunlight has a way of disinfecting. My opinion

When it comes down to it you have to think of the circumstances teams find themselves in. They have to support BLM because the athletes they want to recruit do. Look at what’s happening with football recruits around the country. If you aren’t on the right side on social issues as a program then you can kiss the top recruits goodbye.

I'll watch central park. Will you promise to research the Michael Brown investigation in Ferguson Missouri? Ferguson Missouri hat hatched the Black Lives Matter movement. Pay close attention to where Mr Browns blood was found. It was on the weapon and in the police cruiser. Yes, Mr Brown robbed a store, then tried to take a police officer's weapon. The officer shot Mr Brown 2 times while in the cruiser. He then exited his vehicle to detain Mr Brown. Mr Brown charged the peace officer and was killed. Those are cold hard facts. Period!!! Mr Brown also had gun shot residue on his hands Flash foward to the narrative hands up don't shoot. It started in Ferguson and it's a lie. Mr Brown didn't have his hands up. He robbed a store and assaulted an officer. Sadly it cost him his life.

I followed the trial closely and have read everything I could find from the court system. There were three witnesses that never testified to these events out of fear from what would happen to them in their community. Black lives matter wants to defund the police.

I won't be going to any OSU wrestling matches or watching them on TV. In fact I will be donating all of my OSU apparel to the homeless shelter Downtown. The Nike apparel was first to go. You can't support a lie. I'm done with it right now. Police are part of a civil society, I guess anarchy is the new fad.

Really who feelings will you be hurting by not attending? There are not going to miss the few dollars you spend there.... I promise you they won't!!!
I'm a big boy and so is the OSU wrestling program. They have jumped into politics and I reacted. Do you think I will be the only person taking a stance? I don't wish any harm to Tom Ryan or the wrestlers. I,m not a supporter of BLM and I won't be ashamed of it. If that makes me a racist then so be it. My deeds and actions all thru my life define me. I will not be bullied by labels.

I will not be giving the City of Columbus any money also. We used to eat at the Short North area every month. I would occasionally go to a Crew game. The Mayor of Columbus has his political agenda and it destroyed Columbus. I will stay in the suburbs. I might sneak in to a Jackets game though. Shhhhh Sit back and watch the decay of Columbus.

I don't know you personally, but based on what you type, I would say that you reflect a large segment of the present day Republican party. You don't like to see the "culture" of America altered. You are comfortable with the historical set up of our society and you view changes to that as a threat to how you fit in...............The Black Lives Matter movement is about recognizing historical inequalities that continue (to a lesser degree today). You don't believe those inequalities to be substantial and you're not interested in acknowledging you could be wrong.......So you will focus on the fringe parts of BLM and create an all encompassing "boogeyman" to make it easier to question your own value system. If BLM is a terrorist group, then you can take virtue in opposing it.

Seeing OSU wrestling (historically conservative) take up the cause bothers you because it forces you to question your belief system. If a group that is historically "on your side" speaks out against the belief, you have three choices..........Reconsider your stance, ignore their comments and move on, or lash out online and declare you won't support them anymore.

The fact that you chose the third option is telling to how you see the world. When people don't agree with you, you pout online. I would have at least stuck with the second option. OSU wrestling doesn't have to agree with you on everything. It's certain that they never have, but on this issue, you draw a hardline. Thats telling of how strongly you feel about this particular issue.

As someone who supports the tenents of BLM, I am encouraged that OSU wrestling went outside the box and supported the movement. Reaching across the aisle is what can save this country.

My wife is a very smart lady (she married me, as evidence). She recently made the comment that most people who are outraged by an athlete kneeling during the national anthem (aka, peaceful protest) were not outraged that a police officer kneeled on the neck of a black man for nearly 9 minutes while he begged for his life, and ultimately died. Think about that. I applaud Coach Ryan for his stance.

I think the vast majority of Americans were appalled by the George Floyd murder. The video was so cut and dry that it was pretty undeniable.
The problem is many were still able to compartmentalize that situation and pretend that it wasn’t an example of a bigger problem.

I don't know you personally, but based on what you type, I would say that you reflect a large segment of the present day Republican party. You don't like to see the "culture" of America altered. You are comfortable with the historical set up of our society and you view changes to that as a threat to how you fit in...............The Black Lives Matter movement is about recognizing historical inequalities that continue (to a lesser degree today). You don't believe those inequalities to be substantial and you're not interested in acknowledging you could be wrong.......So you will focus on the fringe parts of BLM and create an all encompassing "boogeyman" to make it easier to question your own value system. If BLM is a terrorist group, then you can take virtue in opposing it.

Seeing OSU wrestling (historically conservative) take up the cause bothers you because it forces you to question your belief system. If a group that is historically "on your side" speaks out against the belief, you have three choices..........Reconsider your stance, ignore their comments and move on, or lash out online and declare you won't support them anymore.

The fact that you chose the third option is telling to how you see the world. When people don't agree with you, you pout online. I would have at least stuck with the second option. OSU wrestling doesn't have to agree with you on everything. It's certain that they never have, but on this issue, you draw a hardline. Thats telling of how strongly you feel about this particular issue.

As someone who supports the tenents of BLM, I am encouraged that OSU wrestling went outside the box and supported the movement. Reaching across the aisle is what can save this country.
[/QUOTE
I look at it another way. I might also mention to you that many blacks are against BLM. Is that the BLM that wants to defund the police? Is that the BLM that destroyed Columbus? Is that the lie of Ferguson Missouri and hands up? Is that the chant of Pigs in a blanket fry like bacon? Is that Collin Kaepernick with pig socks and the Fidel Castro tee shirt? I can go on and on but you just don't get it.

You just are uneducated as to the majority thoughts of flyover America. You also assumed all Democrats support BLM. I see this as a Globalist agenda vrs a Nationalist view. America is the greatest Country on earth and million upon millions of people want to live here. This Country isn't perfect, but it's the best.You call my opinions lashing out. I personally don't see it that way. The BLM movement is violent,racist and elite Globalists. That's how I see it and my money will follow my beliefs.

You just are uneducated as to the majority thoughts of flyover America.

You have any statistical proof to back this claim up? Or are you just going by the anecdotal evidence of people that you interact with?

I think the vast majority of Americans were appalled by the George Floyd murder. The video was so cut and dry that it was pretty undeniable.
The problem is many were still able to compartmentalize that situation and pretend that it wasn’t an example of a bigger problem.
It was one life. That was an example of murder. A black man was murdered and that's not normal or acceptable. But, how acceptable is the murder going on in Chicago? How many Black children have died this year alone? All lives are precious. Does the NBA care about the slavery and persecution that happens in China? Nope, not one bit because it doesn't fit a Globalist agenda.

My wife is a very smart lady (she married me, as evidence). She recently made the comment that most people who are outraged by an athlete kneeling during the national anthem (aka, peaceful protest) were not outraged that a police officer kneeled on the neck of a black man for nearly 9 minutes while he begged for his life, and ultimately died. Think about that. I applaud Coach Ryan for his stance.
Applause to your wife.

You just are uneducated as to the majority thoughts of flyover America.

You have any statistical proof to back this claim up? Or are you just going by the anecdotal evidence of people that you interact with?
That's part of the Saul Alinsky playbook. We are talking politics and you are trying to be tactical. You ask a question that can't be answered with data at this time. Does it make my opinion false?

Why do you bring up the NBA and China? What does that have to do with racial inequities in America?
You want the NBA players to take on a global behemoth to justify fighting for their own countries citizens equal rights?
The truth is you will constantly find reasons to place blame on those speaking out. It’s an age old tactic and pretty transparent.

Why do you bring up the NBA and China? What does that have to do with racial inequities in America?
You want the NBA players to take on a global behemoth to justify fighting for their own countries citizens equal rights?
The truth is you will constantly find reasons to place blame on those speaking out. It’s an age old tactic and pretty transparent.
I'll make this the last post of the day. I'm going to binge watch some Netflix. I choose to point out the hypocrisy of movements. All lives matter and using race dishonesty to further a political agenda is dishonest and dangerous. Do you not see the violence and decay of urban cities? By any means necessary is the motto of the Globalist. It's just sad that people that support BLM don't understand the end game. These are my opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's part of the Saul Alinsky playbook. We are talking politics and you are trying to be tactical. You ask a question that can't be answered with data at this time. Does it make my opinion false?

You stated something like it was fact. I'm glad that you clarified that that is your opinion. When people make statements like they are facts, i like to see the basis. If it is an opinion, no big deal. I'm not trying to be tactical either. When someone says something is the majority, I think it's a reasonable expectation to expect the person to have proof of that.

Last edited:
Things we may agree on.......

Coach Ryan has been a class act from day one, on and off the mat (I'll refrain from taking shots at the Iowa coach here).

If we're not gonna watch sporting events or movies unless all participating agree with our politics (and religion), we're gonna get very bored.

Until someone waves a magic wand and brings all children into this world with a stable family structure (good mother and father), poverty, crime and violence will be with us........ "you can't give what you don't have".

As screwed up as our country may be, people (of all colors) from other countries are still risking their lives to get here, so we must be doing something right.

And finally, no one likes bdhof and everyone likes me....... including his wife, she told me!

Last edited:
I am curious what about this statement you found so offensive that "There is a good chance I never set foot back on the OSU campus." I copied the text below to make it easier for you to point out specifically what offended you.

Of course, there is nothing offensive there unless you read something into it, which starts to get at the root of the problem BLM is point out.

It is also silly to say you are either all for BLM or not. There are people on the extremes of everything. To pretend the extremes represent the whole movement and then dismiss the entire problem based on this is purposefully living in an echo chamber. You don't have to be all on board wiht BLM to accept that racism, while not what it once was, is still a problem and support a statement like the one below.

As we are again reminded of racial injustice in this world, we, members of The Ohio State Wrestling program, reflect on our own values.
We compete against athletes from al over the country and sometimes the world.
And the only things that matter to us are a persons character and will.
To judge another person by the color of their skin is beyond senseless.
We assure you that this ignorant and distorted viewpoint will not be tolerated in our organization.
It never has and never will be.
As brothers, we won't allow it.
It's time to eradicate hate and elevate love everywhere.
We ask that you do the same in support of black members of our team, black members of your community, and all black men and women who have been treated unjustly because of the color of their skin.
In the Ohio State wrestling room we fight side by side to sharpen each other build each other up, and grow with each other as brothers.
A cornerstone believe of our organization is that true, lasting change starts in the heart of the individual.
The time is now.
The time is now.
The time is now.
We must fight for change and the fight begins on an individual level for each of us.
This is an enemy that must be defeated and to win this fight we must be deeply rooted with truth and love.
Only then can we begin to influence the world around us to change.
We are committed to becoming the change we speak of.
Join us.
Join us.
Join us.
For all future generations.
If a person objects to this, I won’t say for sure that they are racist. I will say that OSU and the wrestling program certainly does need anybody who is offended by it. It is not even political. Is a social position. It is a human decency position. I for one are proud of those wrestlers and will be in Covelli at first opportunity. The haters can stay away.

BTW...I can’t find a single reference to BLM anyway. Seems like the entire thread is a misrepresentation.

Last edited:
I am curious what about this statement you found so offensive that "There is a good chance I never set foot back on the OSU campus." I copied the text below to make it easier for you to point out specifically what offended you.

Of course, there is nothing offensive there unless you read something into it, which starts to get at the root of the problem BLM is point out.

It is also silly to say you are either all for BLM or not. There are people on the extremes of everything. To pretend the extremes represent the whole movement and then dismiss the entire problem based on this is purposefully living in an echo chamber. You don't have to be all on board wiht BLM to accept that racism, while not what it once was, is still a problem and support a statement like the one below.

As we are again reminded of racial injustice in this world, we, members of The Ohio State Wrestling program, reflect on our own values.
We compete against athletes from al over the country and sometimes the world.
And the only things that matter to us are a persons character and will.
To judge another person by the color of their skin is beyond senseless.
We assure you that this ignorant and distorted viewpoint will not be tolerated in our organization.
It never has and never will be.
As brothers, we won't allow it.
We ask that you do the same in support of black members of our team, black members of your community, and all black men and women who have been treated unjustly because of the color of their skin.
In the Ohio State wrestling room we fight side by side to sharpen each other build each other up, and grow with each other as brothers.
A cornerstone believe of our organization is that true, lasting change starts in the heart of the individual.
The time is now.
The time is now.
The time is now.
We must fight for change and the fight begins on an individual level for each of us.
This is an enemy that must be defeated and to win this fight we must be deeply rooted with truth and love.
Only then can we begin to influence the world around us to change.
We are committed to becoming the change we speak of.
Join us.
Join us.
Join us.
For all future generations.

If a person objects to this, I won’t say for sure that they are racist. I will say that OSU and the wrestling program certainly does need anybody who is offended by it. It is not even political. Is a social position. It is a human decency position. I for one are proud of those wrestlers and will be in Covelli at first opportunity. The haters can stay away.

BTW...I can’t find a single reference to BLM anyway. Seems like the entire thread is a misrepresentation.
Elaborate on the exact human decency issue please. If a wolf hides in sheeps clothing it's still a wolf. Look at the destruction done to Columbus Ohio. The theme of the Mayor's ideology is anti Police. I'll be looking for a wrestling team that remained constrained during this so called movement. The movement is political and nothing anyone can say will change that. The Democratic party,Antifa and BLM are all the same. Saul Alinsky rules for Radicals playbook is the flavor of the year. That's my opinion and you might be surprised how a huge chunk of American feels. I'll reference you to TV ratings for Baseball and Basketball.

I enjoy wrestling-
Earlier on page 1 a poster printed verbatim the message on the OSU wrestling. What in that message did you find fault with? What in that message referred to BLM? It seems as if you want to lump everything into one group and dismiss everything

The poster who used the example of being anti abortion but against bombing of clinics gave a perfect example. By your logic all White Trump supporters are racist because actual White racists are voting for him.
You're looking at this WAY too black and white. You have this line in the sand stance. Just because OSU wrestling is supporting unity and live doesnt mean they're endorsing BLM or anything about the Mayor of Columbus or the downtown damage.

google tony timpa. A police office kneeled on the neck of a man for FOURTEEN minutes while he begged for his life before ultimately dieing. It didnt get the press of Floyd because he was white. The police that laughed and mocked him as he died got ZERO real punishment. The officers involved with Floyd went to jail. Tell me again about the inequalities? We have bad cops, teachers, drs, lawyers, fast food workers, etc. The media drives the fear it wants to drive.
I am a pe teacher and have been for 20 plus years. I am from the dayton area. Springboro just had a pe teacher get sentenced for molesting 20 plus elementary school girls in school during pe. This got very minimal local coverage. Why was this not an outrage? Because the media didnt push it. I had not even heard about it until a friend from HS sent me the video on it.

Elaborate on the exact human decency issue please. If a wolf hides in sheeps clothing it's still a wolf. Look at the destruction done to Columbus Ohio. The theme of the Mayor's ideology is anti Police. I'll be looking for a wrestling team that remained constrained during this so called movement. The movement is political and nothing anyone can say will change that. The Democratic party,Antifa and BLM are all the same. Saul Alinsky rules for Radicals playbook is the flavor of the year. That's my opinion and you might be surprised how a huge chunk of American feels. I'll reference you to TV ratings for Baseball and Basketball.
What does any of that have to do with what the wrestling team posted? Antifa, BLM, Democrats? The entire premise of your thread is BS. OSU never mentioned BLM once. You inserted that for some insane reason. They just posted a video about equality and social justice. What the heck is wrong with that. Exactly what was offensive to you about what they said. Spell it out vs misrepresenting their words. For some reason, it offends you and you decide to corrupt it. Shame on you. Stay the hell away.