Bitcoin alone could push global temps over the 2ºC catastrophic threshold by 2034

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Thought this was interesting...

What’s causing the emissions explosion?

Bitcoin miners are the reason for the ugly energy report card. Bitcoin has no central bank. It’s a peer-to-peer decentralized network for digital currency. Bitcoin purchases generate blocks of data. It’s like a folder with a complicated math problem inside as the key. A miner is simply anyone who wants to join the Bitcoin network and owns powerful Bitcoin processing hardware necessary to support the software capable of solving the key and verifying the Bitcoin. This makes Bitcoin super hard to counterfeit. As compensation for providing this level of computationally intensive security, miners get a percentage of the Bitcoins they verify. But verification takes an enormous amount of energy and as Bitcoin gets more broadly adopted, the energy demands increase perilously. The current analysis suggests mining data for profit is even more destructive to the planet than mining the planet itself for profit.

Read more:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrea...in-the-coffin-of-climate-change/#4bbf31af745e

Many cryptos have transitioned to a "proof of stake" rather than "proof of work" algorithm, which eliminates the high energy costs of mining

YOu mean make more of the earth have a longer growing season, or now warm enough to even have one, to self sustain only to make it hotter in areas that are already barren and screwed?

Sign me up!

I'm going catch snow in Akron this winter and sell it to liberals in California as a temperature-offset for their bitcoin. Gonna make a killing.

If he hadn't gone all-on on his short position the right before an historic bull market, he wouldn't have to resort to nickle and dime schemes to pay rent in Akron.

If he hadn't gone all-on on his short position the right before an historic bull market, he wouldn't have to resort to nickle and dime schemes to pay rent in Akron.

i do not accept fiat currency like nickles and dimes to pay for my snow, i only accept bitcoin and gold

Long dogecoin

PNG image 10.png

So the growing seasons can be increased and more northern US and North american can be self sufficient....