Bishop Sycamore Head Coach Roy Johnson Accuses Suburban Schools of Recruiting

If the link doesn’t work, it’s Franklin County civil court case number 18CV009775
Thanks. Scrolling back to the original lawasuit is interesting. Allegedly forged a signature and took off with 100k? Is that now the court's conclusion?

Talk about a bad week. On August 26, Roy Johnson and Jay Richardson were found guilty of fraud and forgery from the COF academy debacle.
Unfortunate the ruling hasn't been posted on the court web site yet. The findings of fact will go a long way to unraveling all the lies going back to the formation of COF Academy/Bishop Sycamore by Roy Johnson.

Another report that features some comments by the BS coach:

Bishop Sycamore coach Roy Johnson, asked Friday at the Wolvarena, said his roster had two teams.
“Yeah, we have the national team that will play on Sunday,” he said.

Asked if there were any overlap between the lineups, he said: “sometimes.”

He admitted both schools wore black uniforms Friday because his team forgot to pack their white set.

I have watched both games. The same players were in both games. Some of them wore different jerseys against IMG and some even switched jerseys during the game.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was already posted, but the BS coaches are currently on the line with this guy on Twitter. You have to click his profile photo (should be surrounded by purple) to access the audio: https://twitter.com/Coach_MikeRob

The coaches said that they would beat up on lower division teams in Ohio. Kirtland/Coldwater/Marion/etc. would smoke these guys.

Not sure if it was already posted, but the BS coaches are currently on the line with this guy on Twitter. You have to click his profile photo (should be surrounded by purple) to access the audio: https://twitter.com/Coach_MikeRob

The coaches said that they would beat up on lower division teams in Ohio. Kirtland/Coldwater/Marion/etc. would smoke these guys.
A mother of a student that used to be on the team just got on and absolutely tore one into them. No communication from coaches was her main point, eviction situation, etc. Pretty damning statement honestly.

FINALLY
AC4C33D4-3473-48D2-A361-EAA1403D0627.jpeg

The coach also seems to be using one of the player's twitter accounts to speak. I'm really trying to figure out if there are upfront costs associated with "attending" the school. If my ears are correct, there was one point in the interview where the coach had someone whisper how many times they have "study tables" because he was unsure. The mom from my last post also said that the coaches apparently ghosted the parents after they played IMG last year.

Joe Maimone has to have some serious stakes in this team to keep defending them the way he is. My guess is he put money up to back then and he's doing everything in his power to try and recoup some of it. His reputation is completely trashed now.
Dude hasn’t been doing a good job of being a first round pick for Team “Feds” in the inevitable football game to be played in Southern District of Ohio court, has he?

I’d love to see Sycamore try to stop Kirtlands power run. They’d be tapping out in the 2nd quarter

Right before signoff, @ohiovarsity on twitter called them all conmen that talked in circles for 3 hours. Mentioned that they do not have actual school admins. Coach left it saying that the United States is a land of second chances and whatnot.
I listened to most but not all of it. Ohio varsity is exactly right. Everyone who spoke for BS spoke in circles. God and church was brought up a lot. Doung the right thing from here on out was brought up a lot. It was all double speak. Their general idea is a good one. Helping those that may not have opportunities get ahead in lifevis fantastic. They have not and most likely will not go about it the right way. I don't think anyone associated with it knows how.

Since the media finally noticed this story a full three years too late, here's a little trail of public records to follow.

08/30/18 Heartland Bank v. Richard Allen Group (Roy Johnson, Jay Richardson) case no. 18 CV 007448 Franklin County $90,449
11/26/18 First Merchants Bank v. Roy Johnson, Jay Richardson case no. 18 CV 009775 Franklin County $105,461656

Bank fraud, defaulted on both loans.

05/20/19 ARN Hospitality (Baymont Inn) v. Roy Johnson, Christians of Faith Academy case no. 19 CV H 05 0293 Delaware County $110,685

The coaches and players stayed at the Baymont Inn in Delaware for about six weeks during the 2018 season then absconded without paying.

10/08/19 Tailwind Griff LLC v. Roy Johnson case no. 2019 CVG 039752 Franklin County Municipal
10/16/19 Tailwind Griff LLC v. Andre Peterson case no. 2019 CVG 040542 Franklin County Municipal

The team stayed at The Griff apartments during the 2019 season without paying. There's an additional 22 other eviction cases against the players themselves. Rent was probably about $35,000 per month for all 24 apartments.

03/09/20 Delaware County v. Roy Johnson case no. 20CRB00393 Delaware County Municipal (Domestic Violence, Assault, Disorderly Conduct)

Most coaches get fired for this. Not at Bishop Sycamore.

09/21/20 Commons On Kinnear v. ISE Foundation case nos. 2020 CVG 023515 to 023545 Franklin County Municipal (16 cases total)

Evictions following the 2020 football season. Went by the name ISE Foundation that year. Rent was probably about $25,000 per month for all 16 apartments.

03/31/21 Cardinal Transportation Ltd. v. Andre Peterson, Leroy Johnson case no. 2021 CVF 009359 Franklin County Municipal

A charter bus company, amount owed unknown.

07/02/21 Delaware County bench warrant issued for Leroy Johnson Jr. re: case no. 20CRB00393

Last edited: