Bishop Sycamore Head Coach Roy Johnson Accuses Suburban Schools of Recruiting

It's funny to see people triggered concerning a team that will never be in any Ohio playoff game and 99.9% of our teams will never play.
I see nothing wrong with football choices all across the competitive spectrum being available to players, spectators and fans in Ohio.
What the elite "athletic" preps do doesn't affect my enjoyment of an OHSAA game.

Last edited:
It's funny to see people triggered concerning a team that will never be in any Ohio playoff game and 99.9% of our teams will never play.
I see nothing wrong with football choices all across the competitive spectrum being available to players, spectators and fans in Ohio.
What the elite "athletic" preps do doesn't affect my enjoyment of an OHSAA game.
There's semi-pro leagues out there for these "kids" (not high schoolers) to be playing in.....

There's semi-pro leagues out there for these "kids" (not high schoolers) to be playing in.....
Correct plenty of Prep Academies for the post grads. Although they are designed to make money off of them selling D1 dreams as well. Some of the BS players have fled to them already. Jersey Gators, Georgia Knights, Feltrim Academy etc. there is one in Maryland as well as many more in GA, Fla, Cali . Basically they are all over. They charge 4-8k for three months and usually offer a link to some local community college to take classes online ( players pay extra for that to the schools or the community college sometimes has student loans available)

Certain players they feel that have a good shot of getting a D1 ride they will comp. in return they use them to sell their program to others. Some include housing in the fee others it is extra. They are usually tied to a training business or an athletic complex. Personally I think they are a bit of a sham as well but if it's all your got then take a shot. The downside is they are an easy alternative than a real Post Grad Prep School or JUCO because they players really don't have to take class. That is not in the best interest of the kid IMO. They just use their GAP year to play football most with no additional schooling but most the programs require their players to be high school graduates. Most of these programs that I have seen so far have very little success moving kids onto the next level via scholarship. A few here and there but I guess all they need is a few to sell it.

If you go back and read the comments no one is "triggered". Everyone is happy that the players get opportunity to continue playing, especially me, but that is exactly the reason people are offended by this place and the people running/associated with it. They are scamming those kids to the highest degree. They are also scamming the teams they play and the companies that are broadcasting them.

So two completely different teams will be playing games this weekend?
It will be the same team playing both games, just like 2019 when they played Ensworth (TN) on October 11 in Tennessee and then played Dohn Community school in Ohio on October 12.

It will be the same team playing both games, just like 2019 when they played Ensworth (TN) on October 11 in Tennessee and then played Dohn Community school in Ohio on October 12.
Don't forget @ Kiski School (PA) on 10/3 and @ Royalty Institute (MD) on 10/5.

Last edited:
Just look at it:

clockwork-orange-behind-the-scenes.jpeg

Final: Sto-Rox 19 Bishop Sycamore 7. Now Bishop Sycamore has less than 48 hours to ride home, rest up, regroup, and prepare for kickoff against IMG Academy in Canton on ESPN.

Last edited:
I was wondering about whether or not a running clock will be in effect for the IMG game and that raised the question of which sanctioning body's rules is a game like this played under? OHSAA? Neither team are members. Bishop Sycamore will be playing their second game within 48 hours and they only had 23 players dressed on Friday. They have linemen playing both ways and the weather forecast calls for a heat index of 101 degrees in Canton tomorrow. Who's in charge here? ESPN? HOF Village?

Last edited:
I was wondering about whether or not a running clock will be in effect for the IMG game and that raised the question of which sanctioning body's rules is a game like this played under? OHSAA? Neither team are members. Bishop Sycamore will be playing their second game within 48 hours and they have linemen playing both ways and the weather forecast calls for a heat index of 101 degrees in Canton tomorrow. Who's in charge here? ESPN? HOF Village?
The Canton Fire Department may be in charge at some point.

So, a kid throws 76 pitches on a cool spring day and has to wait 3 days to pitch again but these kids can play 2 football games in 90 degree plus heat index in 48 hours. Glad BS is looking out for the kids.

Wow both teams wearing black jerseys looks aids. GSB said they would be lucky to go .500 this season, they will be lucky to not go .000 again like last season. ??

I was wondering about whether or not a running clock will be in effect for the IMG game and that raised the question of which sanctioning body's rules is a game like this played under? OHSAA? Neither team are members. Bishop Sycamore will be playing their second game within 48 hours and they only had 23 players dressed on Friday. They have linemen playing both ways and the weather forecast calls for a heat index of 101 degrees in Canton tomorrow. Who's in charge here? ESPN? HOF Village?
The scuttlebutt is that ESPN agreed to a running clock per OHSAA regulations. They'll need to get their commercials in during the first half ?