Bishop Fenwick (3-1) vs. Archbishop Alter (3-1)

kmac57

This could be for the conference title. (Feel CJ will figure in this later) Good mid season test for both teams. Alter needs to clean up the turnovers. Bacon game closer than it looked. Bacon dropped 2 touchdowns. Alter did wear them down and control second half.

RB running back Kiner was very impressive, don't think Alter will see a better one all year. Congrats to Alter super soph McDonald for a breakout game. (334 yards) Alter Defense continues to impress

Fenwick has played good schedule with only 3 point loss to Clinton Massie. They will be fired up, new coach, new offense should be a good one. Hope the weather is dry.

Last edited:

I think this games goes to who can run the ball effectively. Both teams throwing a lot more than in previous seasons. Both defenses are good. Good luck to both teams. This is for the GCL Coed Title.

Alter 22
Fenwick 28

I think this games goes to who can run the ball effectively. Both teams throwing a lot more than in previous seasons. Both defenses are good. Good luck to both teams. This is for the GCL Coed Title.

Alter 22
Fenwick 28

There are 2 4-0 teams left in the GCL Coed and this game is for the league title? Well that is news...

I think Alter's defense will be more than Fenwick can handle. The question in this one is can Alter hang on to the football. If they turn it over like they've done so far this year then its anyone's game, if not and I'd say Alter by 2 scores.

I actually believe Fenwick has the type of team to compete well with Alter this year. Having faced Clinton Massie in Week 2 and playing well with the Falcons, should have some carry over to facing Alter. Similar physical styles of play. I still favor Alter but don't be surprised if this is a very competitive game or if Fenwick pulls out a win. I'll say:

Alter 28
Fenwick 24

Well...I guess there isn't any reason for CJ and Carroll to continue playing. Pack it up. It's Alter and Fenwick's league now.

No need for them to pack it up, as the north could sweep the central with the exception of Badin probably beating Carroll. But 4-0 isn't the whole story. CJ is losing their Stud QB and the teams Carroll has beaten have a combined 3 wins.

Other than CJ beating Alter in the playoffs last year. I believe Alter is 14-1 in the last five years against Fenwick, CJ, and Carroll in league play. To win the GCL Coed you need to beat Alter period. And in my mind that is always a tough task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than CJ beating Alter in the playoffs last year. I believe Alter is 14-1 in the last five years against Fenwick, CJ, and Carroll in league play. To win the GCL Coed you need to beat Alter period. And in my mind that is always a tough task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to go against the flow on this one.
Fenwick 24
Alter 0

Ahh sweet 2015 a Fenwick glory year beating Alter twice in one season. That Fenwick team was a very good team.

However, do not believe this years Fenwick team is close to that '15 team and Alter is darn good this year, if they can get out of their own way. Turnovers, penalties etc.

Believe this will be close game look for clean game from Alter and hopefully a win. 24-17.

I am going to go against the flow on this one.
Fenwick 24
Alter 0

Alter's offense has been very suspect at times this year, but their defense is for real. Fenwick may win but I don't seem them scoring 24 points unless they are coming to town with a big time quarterback who'll throw the ball 40-50 times to speed receivers (which I don't think is the case).

I think Alter wins by 2 TD's. The key match up in whether this game stays close is Fenwicks ability to successfully attack Alter DBs in that vaulted Cover 0 they tend to attack each down with.

Alter clearly the better team tonight. Fenwick never gave up, give them credit, but the Knights put up 45 on Fenwick defense and cruise to victory. Purcell Marian surprise winner against what must be a down Mc Nick team is next. Go Knights...