Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Worst Ever

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Never really noticed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I feel bad for the PxP guy that has to babysit him. It used to be Dave Pasch and now it's Jason Benetti. They basically they just have to laugh/cringe at Bill's ramblings while trying to steer the conversation back to basketball thirty times per game.
Pasch seemed to mostly enjoy it I think. He'd always play along with Bill but never seemed annoyed by him. I read something from someone recently that said Walton is great for the casual fan but is annoying if your team is the one he's covering. I could see that.

My son thinks he’s hysterical. Sends me tweets quoting Walton occasionally. I have to admit, I just don’t enjoy it, but it seems others do, so it’s all good. I mean, if it’s a game I want to watch, I’ll still watch it and tune him out.

Pasch seemed to mostly enjoy it I think. He'd always play along with Bill but never seemed annoyed by him. I read something from someone recently that said Walton is great for the casual fan but is annoying if your team is the one he's covering. I could see that.
Even as a casual fan, I want the announcers to announce the game. It’s one thing to have some humorous anecdotes, it’s another to completely ignore the game that’s being played. If Walton wants to do that, he can get a podcast.

Walton: “Shaka Smart is a tremendous coach here. He’s grown his hair out enough that the hair that stayed inside is not going to scramble his brain waves.”

Walton: “If you sow ice, you’re going to harvest wind.”

Walton: “Did you check out what they’re doing there with that new self-watering soil that they’ve generated at the University of Texas? We talked about isoprene levels. How are your isoprene levels today?”
Benetti: “Still high, as you are.”

Walton: “I just don’t want to be gored! I’d much rather be with Al than be gored. Asheville! Mountains! Rainbows! Waterfalls! Fauna! Flora!”

With Texas up, 25-13, Walton disappeared.

Benetti: “I think Bill has actually gone to Jupiter, just for a very short period of time. We’ll get Bill back on his spaceship and back into our program very shortly. But for now, it’s Texas by 12 over the Indiana Hoosiers."

… long silence …

Benetti: "Hmmm, silence. Huh. Maybe I’m just not going to say anything for a while. Just take in the ether.”

Benetti: “I thought you were doing some interplanetary travel briefly.”
Walton: “No, I’m doing that right now.”

I like Walton, but he should be a halftime guest. He doesn’t even talk about the game that’s being played. I have to turn the sound off.

Walton: “Shaka Smart is a tremendous coach here. He’s grown his hair out enough that the hair that stayed inside is not going to scramble his brain waves.”

Walton: “If you sow ice, you’re going to harvest wind.”

Walton: “Did you check out what they’re doing there with that new self-watering soil that they’ve generated at the University of Texas? We talked about isoprene levels. How are your isoprene levels today?”
Benetti: “Still high, as you are.”

Walton: “I just don’t want to be gored! I’d much rather be with Al than be gored. Asheville! Mountains! Rainbows! Waterfalls! Fauna! Flora!”

With Texas up, 25-13, Walton disappeared.

Benetti: “I think Bill has actually gone to Jupiter, just for a very short period of time. We’ll get Bill back on his spaceship and back into our program very shortly. But for now, it’s Texas by 12 over the Indiana Hoosiers."

… long silence …

Benetti: "Hmmm, silence. Huh. Maybe I’m just not going to say anything for a while. Just take in the ether.”

Benetti: “I thought you were doing some interplanetary travel briefly.”
Walton: “No, I’m doing that right now.”
A little bit of Walton goes a long way. Glad I have not heard him, lately.

Have he and Dickie V been together on a broadcast? OMG

Walton was pretty good last night on the UCLA/ Marquette game. Paid attention to the game. Almost none of the regular nonsense. Had a different partner also.

I feel about Bill Walton the same way Frank Grimes felt about Homer Simpson. He’s terrible at his job and obnoxious idiot, but I’m the only one that sees it. Everyone else seems to like him and it’s driving me crazy.

I don't mind it. It's a game and Bill is having fun. A tad bit more basketball talk wouldn't be horrible but I hate when announcers take the game and/or themselves too seriously.
Not a fan of Bill, though he’s harmless enough. I do like Barkley, though, because he can be funny and truthful without sugarcoating.

Bad and annoying, but be usually only calls bad Pac12 games late at night so I don't really care. Ducky V sucks too.

I like some of Walton's insight, but he is super annoying, so I would have voted both "good" and "annoying". The Buckeyes had avoided Dicky V all year until the Illinois game in the regular season. I used to enjoy the guy, but he is downright un-listenable now. I had to mute the TV and turn on the Buckeye radio crew the second half of that game. Tried to watch the SEC championship game yesterday, but Dicky V again made me change the channel.

I like some of Walton's insight, but he is super annoying, so I would have voted both "good" and "annoying". The Buckeyes had avoided Dicky V all year until the Illinois game in the regular season. I used to enjoy the guy, but he is downright un-listenable now. I had to mute the TV and turn on the Buckeye radio crew the second half of that game. Tried to watch the SEC championship game yesterday, but Dicky V again made me change the channel.

Dickey V is a million times better than Walton. At least he can get re focused on the game when he goes on tangents.

Dickey V is a million times better than Walton. At least he can get re focused on the game when he goes on tangents.
Possibly. He struggled during the Illini / OSU game. One stretch he spent several minutes yelling names of the Flying Illini from the 1980's. "Kendall Gill! Are you kidding me! Kenny Battle was unreal! Nick the Quick Anderson, babeeee!" Seriously. Every sentence does not need an exclamation mark Dicky.

Possibly. He struggled during the Illini / OSU game. One stretch he spent several minutes yelling names of the Flying Illini from the 1980's. "Kendall Gill! Are you kidding me! Kenny Battle was unreal! Nick the Quick Anderson, babeeee!" Seriously. Every sentence does not need an exclamation mark Dicky.
Yes they do...bay-bee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! I must admit I was thinking about the Flying Illini when I watched Illinois at times this year. They really should have won it all.