BIGGEST JOKE IN HS SPORTS

"Lakota Waste's state title to lose" is the most hilarious, unrealistic, pathetic thing I have read on here for years. TOO FUNNY. UMMMMMMM, NO CHANCE.
BTW, TWINSPUKE tied Brecksville? hahahahahahaha. Brecksville LOST to D2 Copley 7-0. As mentioned, Twinspuke has NO EARTHLY REASON to be anywhere near the state top 50. Its exhausting being RIGHT all the

Have you even seen them play? Have you seen any of the teams in SW Ohio or do you just like to put everyone down and hype up the Northern Schools?

Now, OE has 3 HS teams with some top end talent and a lot of girls that would certainly bring quality depth to varsity teams. CU also has a team. There were matches this weekend between OP, International, OE, and Galaxy.
Why are there so many girls opting to play club ball this fall? It seems as if the Cinci DA is losing kids to HS ball, at least the older kids, and not the other way around. So the kids that are playing fall club ball are primarily at OE or Galaxy in SW Ohio and OP in Columbus? By what Jerry is saying, not many are playing fall ball/GDA in NE Ohio.

Let's face it, the day West's coach got word that the DA was letting kids play HS, her biggest mistake was not stopping to buy a lottery ticket on the way home! A Beavercreek vs. LW regional would be well worth the price of admission if nothing else.
When did the GDA decide to allow kids to play HS ball? Are you saying that the DA kids at West, Dudukovich, Jones, and Prohaska, are going back to the Cinci GDA after the HS season? From what I've heard, HS ball is still not allowed for boys or girls. The DA rules still clearly state this. If the Cinci DA is allowing kids to play HS ball, how are they getting an exemption from the federation?

It seems that it is the older kids, juniors and seniors that are opting out of the GDA. How are the older teams at the Cinci GDA, primarily the U17 & 18/19, doing? Are they having to take kids from the younger teams for games?

Arguing that teams are beating each other up isn’t arguing it is good soccer. My observation is that SW Ohio girls soccer isn’t as good as previous years. Whether it is good enough to win state will be seen.

And of course there are elite players. It seemed in previous years that multiple teams had multiple elite players. Combined with decent coaching and systems this made for some good soccer in the top end. I watched a GGCL match and it was kickball.You can’t argue that Creek wouldn’t take MC and play better soccer. Whoever she replaced would slide around and make the team stronger. Perhaps they would man mark KD as Fish suggests while having a strong scoring option. Ursuline’s best player is playing club HS. And according to other posts there are 5-10 players from programs like Loveland and mnd playing club as well. This all diminishes quality of play.

Beating up in league play does not equate to bad soccer, just saying the games are much more physical, intense and competitive then say LW/Mason playing Colerain, Princeton, Middletown, Hamilton, Oak Hills and Fairfield. Curious to what GGCL match you watched that was kickball...??? Although, I'd say that you always get some kickball in high school as you mix in non-elite level players.

When did the GDA decide to allow kids to play HS ball? Are you saying that the DA kids at West, Dudukovich, Jones, and Prohaska, are going back to the Cinci GDA after the HS season? From what I've heard, HS ball is still not allowed for boys or girls. The DA rules still clearly state this. If the Cinci DA is allowing kids to play HS ball, how are they getting an exemption from the federation?

It seems that it is the older kids, juniors and seniors that are opting out of the GDA. How are the older teams at the Cinci GDA, primarily the U17 & 18/19, doing? Are they having to take kids from the younger teams for games?
Roh, you're right, the GDA isn't allowing HS ball. Numerous girls have left the GDA.

I always find it funny when people say teams play "kick ball".. The term is so loosely used, that I'M not sure folks even know what the definition of the term "kick ball" means.

Roh, you're right, the GDA isn't allowing HS ball. Numerous girls have left the GDA.

My apologies, I had heard it amongst the chatter and assumed it was true after reading an article where West's coach references her new girls from the DA, wasn't looking at it as in the past tense.

I always find it funny when people say teams play "kick ball".. The term is so loosely used, that I'M not sure folks even know what the definition of the term "kick ball" means.
In the simplest of terms, kickball is when teams kick the ball without any thought to purpose or a real attempt to keep possession. Kickball is when a keeper punts the ball out of the back or takes goal kicks down the field without trying to connect with a teammate. Instead of keeping possession the ball is usually a 50/50. Possession might be kept or it might not be. Kickball is taking a random or low-percentage shot without teammates around to help support it. When a team plays kickball they're generally not patient and really make no attempt to connect passes or build up an attack.

The opposite of kickball would be a game of possession where short passes are strung together and there is some semblance of building up an attack. The opposite of kickball would be when the keeper rolls or kicks the ball out to a teammate and possession is held, when the defense passes the ball around and attempts to link up with the midfield, etc. The opposite of kickball would also be a long and accurate pass into space that a teammate will run onto and collect.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Sorry to burst your bubble helicopter parent,(lovesallsports) but YEP saw BOTH Twinspuke and L Waste already, as well as a lot of the other supposed 'top 15 teams'. But even if I didn't, coaching friends i trust would have see them and shared their opinions with me, so i'd still be brutally honest since no one else is. Oh, and last time i looked at a map, Twinspuke was located in the NE part of the state so your post makes ZERO sense. dirrrrrrrrrrr.

I think Creek is good, but LW is slightly better. You need those Playmakers and I believe LW has just those. However, the D1 tournament in the Southwest, is never a easy task to get out of. I think West goes to the Final 4 this year if not further, but let's take it 1 game at a time. Eager to see how the 2nd half of the season goes. I don't see LW losing the remainder of their season. They passed their 2 big tests in Loveland and Mason.

Not sure why people think Loveland is a test. They were great last three years. Still a good program, but would hardly consider beating them a “test” of worthiness this year.

Actually, from what I've heard, GDA is allowing the oldest age group to choose to play high school and then come back to DA after HS season. Not all the girls are choosing to do that. Some are. But it is interesting how certain allowances can be made when the DA is struggling to find players. These allowances were also offered the first year of DA to entice some players into the program. Numerous girls HAVE left the CIncy GDA. That's why the DA will do whatever it needs to field a team. Just more evidence that the DA isn't really the best of the best. It's just another club with looking to make some money.

Actually, from what I've heard, GDA is allowing the oldest age group to choose to play high school and then come back to DA after HS season. Not all the girls are choosing to do that. Some are. But it is interesting how certain allowances can be made when the DA is struggling to find players. These allowances were also offered the first year of DA to entice some players into the program. Numerous girls HAVE left the CIncy GDA. That's why the DA will do whatever it needs to field a team. Just more evidence that the DA isn't really the best of the best. It's just another club with looking to make some money.
Interesting - so potentially KD and D from Creek could play together at OE? They’d be playing with Cash as well assuming she returns? Where are the other DA players going? ECNL as well?

Interesting - so potentially KD and D from Creek could play together at OE? They’d be playing with Cash as well assuming she returns? Where are the other DA players going? ECNL as well?
MC never left, just chose not to play HS and play fall ball instead. All 3 will be playing together at OE after HS season is over.

Last edited:
Heard that joining KD, D, & MC is going to be C, D, E, F, G, and A, B, C.

I've also heard that Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab, Bb, C, ND, Db might be going there.

If they could have only been able to wrangle getting A, S, D, F and J, K, L, ;

Heard that joining KD, D, & MC is going to be C, D, E, F, G, and A, B, C.

I've also heard that Db, Eb, F, Gb, Ab, Bb, C, ND, Db might be going there.

If they could have only been able to wrangle getting A, S, D, F and J, K, L, ;
You left out X, Y, Z

So I said I was going to go to a West girls game and I did. I went to the Albany game. Albany was very physical with D and kind of threw her off balance. She had at least 8 shots but most were very wild and had no chance. She scored 2. SJ was very good with her individual skills but in that game she really did not contribute to the offensive flow until late. Most of the game was played in Albany's half of the field. However, on at least 6 occasions the got some break-aways and it took some great goal tending to save the game. The coach needs to be a little more defensive minded and perhaps place some more talented players in the back half of the field.

The Cinci DA is 100% allowing the seniors in the oldest age group to play high school. A couple of the kids on West are in the 02/U19 age group although they are juniors and that is how they are able to play high school. They were forced to make a decision because it got back to DR and the crew that all of their older top players were leaving to go to OP and OE because of high school. A couple top player like KD who is now at OE and LD who plays for loveland and now OP left. SJ and MP chose to stay at Cinci DA, but there is not a lot of top talent for them to play along side.

The situation at OE is a head scratcher for sure with all of these talented kids deciding to play fall ball instead of high school. Funny how the DA is mandating no high school and the DA kids are leaving in droves to play high school. Meanwhile OE and the ECNL is pretending to embrace high school and a lot of their kids are doing exactly what the DA said was best for the game. Funny how things work when you have freedom of choice instead of a dictatorship.

The Cinci DA is 100% allowing the seniors in the oldest age group to play high school. A couple of the kids on West are in the 02/U19 age group although they are juniors and that is how they are able to play high school. They were forced to make a decision because it got back to DR and the crew that all of their older top players were leaving to go to OP and OE because of high school. A couple top player like KD who is now at OE and LD who plays for loveland and now OP left. SJ and MP chose to stay at Cinci DA, but there is not a lot of top talent for them to play along side.

The situation at OE is a head scratcher for sure with all of these talented kids deciding to play fall ball instead of high school. Funny how the DA is mandating no high school and the DA kids are leaving in droves to play high school. Meanwhile OE and the ECNL is pretending to embrace high school and a lot of their kids are doing exactly what the DA said was best for the game. Funny how things work when you have freedom of choice instead of a dictatorship.
When I read your post I felt like I was looking into a bowl of Campbell's vegetable soup.

81wx8EGrSNL._SX522_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA522SH20_.jpg

Recycling the same joke a third time doesn’t make it funnier.
Third time? Are you keeping track, crispy dude?

It's not a joke. Why use initials? Nobody is being disparaging here about the said players and if they are, they shouldn't be. Just use names.

Third time? Are you keeping track, crispy dude?

It's not a joke. Why use initials? Nobody is being disparaging here about the said players and if they are, they shouldn't be. Just use names.

Because it’s a lot easier to type KD several times than it is Kailyn Dudukovich. Especially easy since KD is so talented and spoken about frequently. Even certain players mom’s are using their daughter’s initials on here.

So I said I was going to go to a West girls game and I did. I went to the Albany game. Albany was very physical with D and kind of threw her off balance. She had at least 8 shots but most were very wild and had no chance. She scored 2. SJ was very good with her individual skills but in that game she really did not contribute to the offensive flow until late. Most of the game was played in Albany's half of the field. However, on at least 6 occasions the got some break-aways and it took some great goal tending to save the game. The coach needs to be a little more defensive minded and perhaps place some more talented players in the back half of the field.
Who the crap is 'Albany'???? Did Lakota Waste go all the way to upstate NY?? Please advise.

When you say “a lot of their kids” how many are we talking here?

There is at least 15 kids I could name that would be starting for their high school team that have chosen to play for OE fall ball. OE has so many kids that have chosen not to play high school that they have had to make several different teams just to accommodate them all.

There is at least 15 kids I could name that would be starting for their high school team that have chosen to play for OE fall ball. OE has so many kids that have chosen not to play high school that they have had to make several different teams just to accommodate them all.
Who do those teams play during the Fall season? Why are they opting for playing for OE rather than their HS?

Who do those teams play during the Fall season? Why are they opting for playing for OE rather than their HS?

Unfortunately, from what I have gathered from rumors, some players have said they are too good for HS soccer and that their teammates aren’t good enough to be one the field with them. That’s sad if that’s true.

On other hand, you have phenomenal players like KD who has U17 national team experience playing HS and having a blast. Everybody is different.

Unfortunately, from what I have gathered from rumors, some players have said they are too good for HS soccer and that their teammates aren’t good enough to be one the field with them. That’s sad if that’s true.

On other hand, you have phenomenal players like KD who has U17 national team experience playing HS and having a blast. Everybody is different.
She and all the ladies looked like they are having a good time and they have a cheering section (of mostly young men) that goes to their games. That cheering section is hilarious.

That’s what HS is about.
She and all the ladies looked like they are having a good time and they have a cheering section (of mostly young men) that goes to their games. That cheering section is hilarious.

That’s what HS soccer is about. Representing your community and having a good time.

I’m sure KD is NOT one of those strong players going around telling people her teammates suck and aren’t good enough to play with her. She probably is the opposite.
I’ve met her family before, classy people. Good luck to her as she continues to play.

I know a lot of girls that played HS and now play for Power 5 teams and many others start on their Mid Major colleges as Freshman. Anna Prodogil is killing it at Arkansas just as an example. There’s some residual high school rust that may happen going back to club but the truly good players can maintain their technical skills. To say they “lost” everything during high school means they didn’t practice on their own time to ensure they would remain sharp. It’s not that hard to retain certain skills and if you did lose some sharpness the good players snap back into form fairly quickly when they rejoin club. If they didn’t have a good club year I’d look at the schedule and see if they had tougher competition - that would cause them to score less goals. Are they missing players that made them look good? I’m just saying blaming HS ball for poor club performance might be BS.