BIGGEST JOKE IN HS SPORTS

jedthefish

Moderated User
…..EASILY the wizard tards that are voting this year for the state top 15 lists. You want some examples??? SURE!

In D1 alone, we have this crap-

-False Jesuit ties Jedina and is still behind Lakota Waste who literally has ONE quality player and tied New Albany???

-Coffman is possibly the most overrated team this season...and as a matter of fact, other than MAYBE Jerome, ZERO teams in central Ohio deserve to be ANYWHERE near the state top 50 teams this fall

- TWINSPUKE??? Really? REALLY!??? They lost to NORTH ROYALTON! Blaaahahahahahahahahaha. Uh huh.

And the 'teams receiving votes' list (IE- INCREDIBLY IDIOTIC HS COACH VOTING FOR HIMSELF list)….Marryyoursister-etta, Westercrap North, Woooooooster and Cinci Andy being listed is simply too stupid to even comment on.

DO BETTER YOU IDIOT VOTERS. Or just copy and paste the most accurate HS TOP TEN LISTS from the Jed the fish show if I ever decide to record one. BTW, D2 and D3 are even more hysterical and pathetic...…….weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mail

Yup, lots of garbage in the rankings. Honestly, Anthony Wayne is probably the best team in the state. As far as Medina and Walsh, you do realize the Saturday games aren’t factored into the following Monday’s rankings? It will be next week before those factored in.

Like you said Lakota West has one strong player that everyone in the GMC is afraid so the coaches keep voting them high. They do have other quality players to be fair. Their schedule is weak and won’t be challenged until tomorrow against mason. We will get a clear picture after that game in where mason and LW really stand.

OF COURSE I know the poll is voted on before the weekend results ( not my first rodeo), but that totally makes my point in every comment EXCEPT False, and especially the D2 and D3 POLLS I will destroy on next podcast for its idiocy. The voters are literally MENTAL MIDGETS this year- worst than the most stupid past years and its sad and hilarious.

The only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the year when the state title is awarded. They are interesting tidbits up to that point. Its good to get an idea of who is good for sure. But other than that, it doesn't matter.

At least next year OHSAA voted to go with a STATE TOP 150 POLL so EVERY TEAM GETS A PUPPY, TROPHY AND RAINBOW to help all the LOSER helicopter parents.

yes, they do not matter, but are definitely interesting snapshots of information that provide somewhat of a picture of what is out there and who to lookout for.

Highly likely that someone in the top ten is going to win the state title. Numbers 11-15? That’s a stretch.

Jed makes a great point on the comedy show of the self-voting coaches. Those are a little too obvious. Marietta/Wooster/Westerville, I am looking at you.

Obviously this forum lets us all provide our opinions. Jed goes on a rant about those that ranked, but should be willing to post what he thinks the list should look like since he speaks like the authority on the subject.

My top 10 based on my little knowledge of current records/scores/opponent strength/etc:

1. Anthony Wayne
2. Beavercreek
3. Medina
4. Walsh Jesuit
5. Strongsville
—————cut line———-
I think the state champ will be one of those five above. Next five are good teams with potential and can be mixed around in any order.
6. Brunswick (I don’t know enough about them other than they tied Walsh, so I give benefit of doubt. We will know more after the play Medina and Strongsville)
7. Mason (vs. Lakota West tonight)
8. Dublin Jerome
9. Lakota West (at Mason tonight)
10. St. Ursula (not Toledo, the Cincinnati one)

Ive got 3 players who already played AW this season and they all thought they were fast everywhere and GOOD, and while I really like Lori, and think they are top 5, not sure they are top team in state- Beavercrap has that spot locked up until someone beats them.

I'll pass along my top TEN (15 is stupid) when I get off my dupa and do a show.

Like you said Lakota West has one strong player that everyone in the GMC is afraid so the coaches keep voting them high. They do have other quality players to be fair. Their schedule is weak and won’t be challenged until tomorrow against mason. We will get a clear picture after that game in where mason and LW really stand.
West with the 3-1 win last night.

West has already played Loveland, a better than average Ursuline, and now Mason. They have MND remaining in what should be a win. They may run the table in the regular season but probably don't have the horses to win the region.

As you said, West has more than Dudukovich. There is another junior also committed to Ohio State and a keeper committed to Auburn. The other keeper is committed to Marshall. I'm not sure about where or if others are committed. There are some decent role players as well. They appear to be a scrappy bunch and knowing what I know about the coach, are probably well-coached. They may not be the best team in the state or even in the top 5 but opposition would be unwise to discount them. They remind me a bit of the Anderson team from about 9 or 10 years ago that quietly and unexpectedly advanced to the final 4. I remember that Anderson team having to beat West in OT in one of the rounds.

i'll readily admit when I am wrong...…....Lakota Waste would probably make the top ten now. Seems like D1 Cinci in general is down this year (Beavercrap being in Dayton not Cinci), but at least NOT as down as crap D1 Central Ohio. They blow.

i'll readily admit when I am wrong...…....Lakota Waste would probably make the top ten now. Seems like D1 Cinci in general is down this year (Beavercrap being in Dayton not Cinci), but at least NOT as down as crap D1 Central Ohio. They blow.
Fish, I agree with you on the state of SW Ohio d1girls soccer. From what I’ve seen and heard it isn’t a very high level this year. Now, OE has 3 HS teams with some top end talent and a lot of girls that would certainly bring quality depth to varsity teams. CU also has a team. There were matches this weekend between OP, International, OE, and Galaxy. I don’t know what the Club HS impact is in other regions,

On West, I really have enjoyed watching Syd Jones play in addition to KD. I think she is a difference maker on the back end and turning the play around. Great speed to draw defenders and free up KD. They are more than one player. Likely enough to make it far if not out of region. You all know the rest of the state. Is it good enough?

I can't see LW getting past Beavercrap (unless KD has like 5 goals that game and she WILL be triple teamed most likely), but whoever comes out of Cinci will destroy D1 Central Ohio in the state semis. HOWEVER, with AW, Jedina, Feltonville, Brunswhack, False Jesuit all up north and the opponent in the state finals, its truly hard to see anyone other than Beavercrap being able to win state from the south this year. BTW, the only ECNL club in the North that has a fall ball team is Internationals and it rarely to NEVER effects HS soccer since no one dominant plays fall ball for them. (same with DA club Force SC)

I can't see LW getting past Beavercrap (unless KD has like 5 goals that game and she WILL be triple teamed most likely), but whoever comes out of Cinci will destroy D1 Central Ohio in the state semis. HOWEVER, with AW, Jedina, Feltonville, Brunswhack, False Jesuit all up north and the opponent in the state finals, its truly hard to see anyone other than Beavercrap being able to win state from the south this year. BTW, the only ECNL club in the North that has a fall ball team is Internationals and it rarely to NEVER effects HS soccer since no one dominant plays fall ball for them. (same with DA club Force SC)

How good is Beavercreek this year. They lost their top scorer and a lot of defenders.

Just curious Jed, why the unkind monikers for most of these teams. I am no arguing with your rankings or that these polls mean anything, but just curious why you do not call the schools by their actual names so we can all figure out who we are discussing?

Just curious Jed, why the unkind monikers for most of these teams. I am no arguing with your rankings or that these polls mean anything, but just curious why you do not call the schools by their actual names so we can all figure out who we are discussing?
BECAUSE I AM SUPER MATURE!!! Its a joke braaaaaaaaaaa. Like as in podcasty

Unfortunately, I don’t think beating Loveland and Ursuline are anything to brag about this year. Both good programs, but not bragging material.

So I watched mason and LW last night. Here is my unqualified assessment:
1. Mason’s defense went belly up - especially on first goal from LW.
2. PK for mason deserved
3. Mason’s defense not actively guarding KD. What game plan did they have? Let KD get ball unchallenged and hold it until she is ready shoot? That second goal was so preventable.
4. Assistant Referee made a really bad call against mason for offside that would have made the score 2-2.
5. However, mason’s defense asleep at the wheel for third goal. Seems like they let guard down when KD took a rest.
6. LW’s game plan is to Hail Mary the ball to KD from anywhere on the field and keeps fingers crossed for a goal. It’s been working...so I guess keep doing it.
7. LW has a good midfield supporting cast.
8. LW defense is okay. Get ball and launch to KD.

It said earlier, no team should discount LW. They are overall quality and could make a run For it all. Not sure how they would do against a strong defense and midfield team like Medina, strongsville, Walsh, Beavercreek, or Anthony Wayne.

I am sure LW will at least make the regional final.

How good is Beavercreek this year. They lost their top scorer and a lot of defenders.

They lost two defenders but filled the gaps. They are like shark teeth...one goes out and replaced with other strong players. Only two goals against according to GWOC standings page - MND and Hilliard Bradley; all other games are shutouts. They lost top scorer, but are just a couple of goals behind where they were last year with a tougher schedule.

Hard to predict how they will do against Cincy teams since most of their games have been against Columbus and Dayton area teams - except MND and Lebanon.

KD wouldn't score against False- DEEP sweeper and would be man marked as well- no over the top kick and run crap. As a matter of fact, any coach who still has Lakota Waste on their schedule, you are welcome.

BTW, TWINSPUKE tied Brecksville? hahahahahahaha. Brecksville LOST to D2 Copley 7-0. As mentioned, Twinspuke has NO EARTHLY REASON to be anywhere near the state top 50. Its exhausting being RIGHT all the time- eh.

KD wouldn't score against False- DEEP sweeper and would be man marked as well- no over the top kick and run crap. As a matter of fact, any coach who still has Lakota Waste on their schedule, you are

From what I have heard from the West parents and coaches of other teams that have played West every single team has man marked Kailyn. Mason even said it on Twitter.

the difference is the DEEP SWEEPER plus man marked. Cant go over the top and 'front' her everywhere. Problem solved. Details details.

From what I have heard from the West parents and coaches of other teams that have played West every single team has man marked Kailyn. Mason even said it on Twitter.

But you'd be stupid not to right? That's the only way you're giving yourself a shot to keep her offensive output manageable, and then in the mean time your own offense needs to step up and try and match shots on goal. So far teams are not doing both, they are man-marking and not allowing her 3+ goals but doing that is stretching them too thin to get any type of offensive threat going on their end.

Let's face it, the day West's coach got word that the DA was letting kids play HS, her biggest mistake was not stopping to buy a lottery ticket on the way home! A Beavercreek vs. LW regional would be well worth the price of admission if nothing else.

I think Creek is good, but LW is slightly better. You need those Playmakers and I believe LW has just those. However, the D1 tournament in the Southwest, is never a easy task to get out of. I think West goes to the Final 4 this year if not further, but let's take it 1 game at a time. Eager to see how the 2nd half of the season goes. I don't see LW losing the remainder of their season. They passed their 2 big tests in Loveland and Mason.

Everything goes through KD and she is talented enough to take the game over no doubt. Creek is not better than LW, but they do have a player that one could argue is as talented. I don’t think D can match her offensive output, but she is a stud and very strong. Does the coach say D mark her and try to take her out of the game? I think Creeks other players are better than LW other players. It will be interesting game to see. They will meet up against each other because no one else is beating those two teams.

Fish, I agree with you on the state of SW Ohio d1girls soccer. From what I’ve seen and heard it isn’t a very high level this year. Now, OE has 3 HS teams with some top end talent and a lot of girls that would certainly bring quality depth to varsity teams. CU also has a team. There were matches this weekend between OP, International, OE, and Galaxy. I don’t know what the Club HS impact is in other regions,

On West, I really have enjoyed watching Syd Jones play in addition to KD. I think she is a difference maker on the back end and turning the play around. Great speed to draw defenders and free up KD. They are more than one player. Likely enough to make it far if not out of region. You all know the rest of the state. Is it good enough?

I don't agree, LW, Mason, Anderson, Ursula, Seton, MercyMcauley, Ursuline, MND are all very solid teams with elite level talent that will compete at a very high level in the state. Remember, while the GMC teams are beating up on the subpar bottom 3/4s of their league, the GGCL teams are grinding it out it out in very tough games. I think its LW's state title to lose but remember, they only beat Ursuline 2-1 and Ursuline is at the bottom of the GGCL.

"Lakota Waste's state title to lose" is the most hilarious, unrealistic, pathetic thing I have read on here for years. TOO FUNNY. UMMMMMMM, NO CHANCE.

I don't agree, LW, Mason, Anderson, Ursula, Seton, MercyMcauley, Ursuline, MND are all very solid teams with elite level talent that will compete at a very high level in the state. Remember, while the GMC teams are beating up on the subpar bottom 3/4s of their league, the GGCL teams are grinding it out it out in very tough games. I think its LW's state title to lose but remember, they only beat Ursuline 2-1 and Ursuline is at the bottom of the GGCL.
Arguing that teams are beating each other up isn’t arguing it is good soccer. My observation is that SW Ohio girls soccer isn’t as good as previous years. Whether it is good enough to win state will be seen.

And of course there are elite players. It seemed in previous years that multiple teams had multiple elite players. Combined with decent coaching and systems this made for some good soccer in the top end. I watched a GGCL match and it was kickball.You can’t argue that Creek wouldn’t take MC and play better soccer. Whoever she replaced would slide around and make the team stronger. Perhaps they would man mark KD as Fish suggests while having a strong scoring option. Ursuline’s best player is playing club HS. And according to other posts there are 5-10 players from programs like Loveland and mnd playing club as well. This all diminishes quality of play.