Big Ten

That same Purdue team beat Vanderbilt.

Missouri lost to Wyoming.

Ole Miss lost to Memphis.

Do I really need to bring up Tennessee?

And we didn't even get into the "almost losses".

The bottom of the SEC is just as bad as every other conference. You're just making stuff up.
This is a double positive, but the top and middle of the SEC is more better than the Big Ten, and every other conference in america. Maryland and Michigan State are supposed contenders. Apples and oranges my friend.

Ohio State. Alabama
Wisconsin. LSU
Penn State. Georgia
Michigan. Auburn
————————————
Iowa. Texas A&M
Maryland. Florida
Michigan State. Kentucky
Nebraska. South Carolina
Minnesota. Mississippi State
Northwestern. Missouri
————————————
Purdue. Ole Miss
Indiana. Arkansas
Rutgers. Vanderbilt
Illinois. Tennessee

I don’t think there’s a huge gap between them. TA&M would probably beat Iowa by 10, Maryland/Florida would depend on which Maryland team shows, and the rest would pretty much be 50/50.

Last edited:
Ohio State. Alabama
Wisconsin. LSU
Penn State. Georgia
Michigan. Auburn
————————————
Iowa. Texas A&M
Maryland. Florida
Michigan State. Kentucky
Nebraska. South Carolina
Northwestern. Missouri
————————————
Purdue. Ole Miss
Indiana. Arkansas
Rutgers. Vanderbilt
Illinois. Tennessee

I don’t think there’s a huge gap between them. T&AM would probably beat Iowa by 10, Maryland/Florida would depend on which Maryland team shows, and the rest would pretty much be 50/50.
Bottom 6 games are a coin flip, most teams are not good. The top 6 games, I think SEC, probably 5-1, Ohio State can play with Bama, outside of that, I think these others are all SEC. Penn St. Georgia? Pitt just went into Happy Valley and almost won. Wisconsin LSU could be a decent game.

Bottom 6 games are a coin flip, most teams are not good. The top 6 games, I think SEC, probably 5-1, Ohio State can play with Bama, outside of that, I think these others are all SEC. Penn St. Georgia? Pitt just went into Happy Valley and almost won. Wisconsin LSU could be a decent game.

You mentioned the middle teams, which I think would be those not in the top or bottom 4 of each conference. These match-ups were my points of reference:

Iowa. Texas A&M
Maryland. Florida
Michigan State. Kentucky
Nebraska. South Carolina
Northwestern. Missouri

This is a double positive, but the top and middle of the SEC is more better than the Big Ten, and every other conference in america. Maryland and Michigan State are supposed contenders. Apples and oranges my friend.

An argument based on absolutely nothing and a sentence that's barely readable. I guess you gave up on the last point you tried to make because you just completely ignored all the ways you were just wrong.

An argument based on absolutely nothing and a sentence that's barely readable. I guess you gave up on the last point you tried to make because you just completely ignored all the ways you were just wrong.
We'll see how it plays out buddy. My point is if you are proposing Michigan State and Maryland as top of the conference teams, then that just supports my argument. The Big ten is very, very bottom heavy. It's just not a good football conference, no matter how many times you say it.

We'll see how it plays out buddy. My point is if you are proposing Michigan State and Maryland as top of the conference teams, then that just supports my argument. The Big ten is very, very bottom heavy. It's just not a good football conference, no matter how many times you say it.

Who is saying Maryland and MSU are top of the conference teams? The top of the conference is clearly Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU and OSU. The bottom is just as weak as every other conference. You are flat out wrong to say the bottom is any worse than the bottom of the SEC.

The top 3-4 SEC teams are always excellent, but the middle tier is always horrifically overrated nationally and the bottom sucks just like any other Power 5 league.

My opinion on the outcomes for this year

Ohio State. Alabama Bucks
Wisconsin. LSU Wisky
Penn State. Georgia Dawgs
Michigan. Auburn Tigers
————————————
Iowa. Texas A&M Aggies
Maryland. Florida Gators
Michigan State. Kentucky Spartans
Nebraska. South Carolina Huskers
Minnesota. Mississippi State Bulldogs
Northwestern. Missouri Wildcats
————————————
Purdue. Ole Miss Purdont
Indiana. Arkansas Hoosiers
Rutgers. Vanderbilt Vandy
Illinois. Tennessee who cares so ill give to the SEC

So, seven to the BIG and seven to the SEC

I don’t think there’s a huge gap between them. TA&M would probably beat Iowa by 10, Maryland/Florida would depend on which Maryland team shows, and the rest would pretty much be 50/50.

Harbaugh needs to wake up and smell the coffee, college game is not for him, at least Saban realized quickly the NFL game was not his cup of tea and went back to college ball after 2 years.

Did you ever notice that the selective memory of a typical SEC honk presents an argument in a manner very similar to that of a bad woman ?
Are these posters broads ?

Harbaugh needs to wake up and smell the coffee, college game is not for him, at least Saban realized quickly the NFL game was not his cup of tea and went back to college ball after 2 years.

I'm pretty sure Harbaugh isn't suited for more than 4 years anywhere. But better with a GM providing players in the NFL.

In the NFL going forward, I could see him as a post-tank rebuild head coach to be replaced once the roster is almost there. Three or four year contracts for two or three year hits. Maybe two more jobs if he wants them.

I'd rather he just went away.

Harbaugh seems to have a definitive shelf-life that he has already surpassed at Michigan, especially considering that they aren't winning big at this point. Beyond 3-4 years he starts to wear heavily on those around him.

The ESPN hype-train for middling SEC is often comical. This year will be no different.
How in the heck can you criticize ESPN for that? At least the SEC gives you something. All we heard this year was Michigan was going to be a contender, based on absolutely nothing. And it's proven out they are barely a top 25 team, maybe not even that. Folks it's Ohio State, then down a few rungs is Wisconsin and then a whole lot of mediocrity. The networks need the midwest audience for ratings so they have to pump up Michigan/ Notre Dame annually. Fact is there is nothing in the midwest outside of Ohio State, and we'll not know how good they are until the playoffs.

Notre Dame is a pretty good team.

Michigan is constantly overrated. It’s a legacy program that people have been waiting to bounce back but it never has. It relied on Ohio recruits and that’s harder to poach than it used to be and they haven’t had a great coach.

Last edited:
Notre Dame is a pretty good team.

Michigan is constantly overrated. It’s a legacy program that people have been waiting to bounce back but it never has. It relied on Ohio recruits and that’s harder to poach than it used to be and they haven’t had a great coach.
So maybe it's time to assess who's doing these preseason ratings? Again, I think it's more about keeping big markets relevant, the midwest has very few football powers.
Notre Dame is ok. The game they played Saturday at Georgia may be the best game Notre Dame has played in 10 years. They generally come up way short in big games like this.

I don’t really think people pay attention to rankings anymore. Not really sure why we have them until the committee releases theirs

So maybe it's time to assess who's doing these preseason ratings? Again, I think it's more about keeping big markets relevant, the midwest has very few football powers.
Notre Dame is ok. The game they played Saturday at Georgia may be the best game Notre Dame has played in 10 years. They generally come up way short in big games like this.

Preseason ranking is a worthless and biased exercise. It assures the top dogs stay on top. Often it's based on absolutely nothing outside of player potential and previous years accomplishments, especially given the turnover the average college team goes through on a yearly basis.

Wisconsin certainly is the next best perennial Midwest power followed by Penn St.

Your contention that the SEC is lightyears ahead of everyone, is good from top from top to bottom, and that Purdue is in the top half of the Big 10 are still ridiculous.

Preseason ranking is a worthless and biased exercise. It assures the top dogs stay on top. Often it's based on absolutely nothing outside of player potential and previous years accomplishments, especially given the turnover the average college team goes through on a yearly basis.

Wisconsin certainly is the next best perennial Midwest power followed by Penn St.

Your contention that the SEC is lightyears ahead of everyone, is good from top from top to bottom, and that Purdue is in the top half of the Big 10 are still ridiculous.
This may be the best the SEC has had in years, and they are generally the best conference anyway. Did you happen to look at Auburn's schedule this year??? No only do they play the best 3 teams in the SEC in Alabama, LSU and Georgia, they also play at Florida and just played at Texas A&M AND they played Oregon in the non-conference.

I'm not seeing much evidence at this point to suggest Florida is a top-10 football team other than they started the year off ranked fairly high. Florida's wins are not very impressive. They struggled against Miami and UK. Miami is horrible, and UK struggled to put away Toledo a couple weeks ago.

Oregon has a loss to Auburn and a less than exciting 15 point win over a bad Stanford team to their credit. Stanford has also already lost to UCF by 18, and to USC by 25.

Texas A&M is currently ranked in the top-25 because they started the year off ranked 12th and they have losses to Clemson and Auburn. I'm already looking forward to them holding down that #22 spot in the final polls with a 7-5 record including wins against Texas State, Lamar and Texas-San Antonio, with their best win being against Mississippi State or South Carolina.

Alabama, Georgia and LSU are very good. Maybe Auburn. Same as always, the middle (Florida and A&M) looks to be on the path to being highly overrated and the bottom feeders like Arkansas and Tennessee are atrocious.

Last edited:
This may be the best the SEC has had in years, and they are generally the best conference anyway. Did you happen to look at Auburn's schedule this year??? No only do they play the best 3 teams in the SEC in Alabama, LSU and Georgia, they also play at Florida and just played at Texas A&M AND they played Oregon in the non-conference.

You completely missed the point regarding preseason polling biased and irrelevant. If Auburn wins out, surely they will have the strongest resume come playoff time. That doesn't justify Alabama. Florida is questionable a top 10 or even 15 team especially after losing a starting QB. A&M will have 3-4 losses this season. Very likely Oregon has at least one if not two more losses.

How about we get back to how you think Purdue is a top half of the Big 10 team?