Big Ten

Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State are not Ohio State's responsibility. What do you want them to do, go indy?

The SEC isn't that great once you get by the top few teams each year. This year, there's Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn, and then a huge dropoff. The SEC East outside of Georgia is god awful. Tennessee and Florida are basically the Michigan of the Rich Rod years. The top is better than any other league, but from 5 on down I don't see them as being much different than anybody else.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Until Georgia finally figured things out last year the SEC East had been the equivalent of the Big Ten West for at least half a decade

I don't know the big ten has ever been second best. When you have teams like Illnois, Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Maryland, then up and down programs like Michigan State, Michigan, and the top is just OSU, Penn State and Wisconsin...that's not saying much. I would love for the Buckeyes for one season, to flip with Alabama and see how things shake out. There are multiple SEC road games that are land mines. Buckeyes have very few tough road venues in the big ten, and they only see them every other year. Haven't even played Wisconsin the last two seasons during the regular season.

So you think Alabama would ever agree to play away games in Big 10 country, in November? Dream on troll.

tenor.gif

I just had to. :grin:

Red is such a troll. You mean to tell me Ohio St vs. Penn St isn't a big game. Gtfoh

At this point buddy, it may be the only significant game in the little ten the rest of the season. I've said this before, Ohio State would would be 9-3 annually in the SEC. The depth of the league would wear them down.

At this point buddy, it may be the only significant game in the little ten the rest of the season. I've said this before, Ohio State would would be 9-3 annually in the SEC. The depth of the league would wear them down.

You have every right to prove yourself a moron as often as you want.

No way to tell. The B1G plays much more physical ball IMO. The SEC has more speed/flash. This isn't the mid 2000s where Ohio State and the B1G were getting steam rolled by every SEC team in their path. The gap is much tighter.

The SEC isn't that great once you get by the top few teams each year. This year, there's Bama, Georgia, LSU and Auburn, and then a huge dropoff. The SEC East outside of Georgia is god awful. Tennessee and Florida are basically the Michigan of the Rich Rod years. The top is better than any other league, but from 5 on down I don't see them as being much different than anybody else.

Arkansas just had it handed to them by North Freaking' Texas.

14’s proof that the SEC is great is Kentucky beating Florida and his proof that Ohio State would go 9-3 every year in the SEC is that he’s said it before.

Pretty goddamn bullet proof

(funny thing is, the SEC really is a great conference, but his logic is so bad that it makes me rethink that)

14’s proof that the SEC is great is Kentucky beating Florida and his proof that Ohio State would go 9-3 every year in the SEC is that he’s said it before.

Pretty goddamn bullet proof

(funny thing is, the SEC really is a great conference, but his logic is so bad that it makes me rethink that)

Don't forget Alabama going undefeated in the Big 10 while playing all their games at home. Because we should all be so grateful to even have the privilege of playing them, it's nonsense to expect they would play an away game.

J hi

I tend to disagree this year with that synopsis.

I dont think there is a huge drop off to Texas AM from the teams you mentioned. I also think Mississippi State isnt far off LSU and Auburn either. (Although I think the further we get from Mullen coaching there the more they will revert to their norm and Florida will improve)

I think this year there is a significant difference at all levels, Arkansas is terrible I will give you that but the bottom of the Big 10 is incredibly bad this year.

I am not sold on South Carolina but I dont think they are a bad team and if they were in the BIG 10 West they would certainly be a contender to win that division.

If you call the SEC East "God awful" I would hate to hear your opinions on the Big 10 West.

When looking at OOC games there has been two bad losses for the SEC and that was Arkansas vs Colorado St and North Texas. Bad loss meaning you were favored and lost.

For the Big you have Nebraska losing at home to Troy, Purdue vs Eastern Michigan, Temple vs Maryland, Wisconsin vs BYU, NW vs Akron etc.

I wouldnt have said the disparity was big at the bottom/middle last year, however this year is a lot different IMO

Last edited:
It also goes without saying my thoughts about comparing the SEC vs the Big 10 dont go as far as 14red takes it. Obvious troll is obvious

What would be concerning from the Big 10 perspective is none of the expansion teams have added any value to the league. For the Big 10's sake hopefully Frodt can turn it around in time.

However the addition of Texas AM looks to be really solid. They added the most valuable football program per Forbes and they look like they will be a year in and year out contender on a national scale. Even the addition of Missouri has worked out better than any of the Big 10 expansion teams.

I am not saying Mizzou would have been a huge addition for the Big 10 but it certainly is better than Rutgers and Maryland. Them botching of the expansion didnt help matters at all IMO

I think that Nebraska will eventually be alright with Frost at the helm. My concern would be recruiting. I could be off, but my perception is that they were heavily reliant on Texas recruits and JUCO guys in the past. Texas pipelines have probably dried up with the loss of a Big XII schedule. Nebraska has to get players from anywhere and everywhere nationally.

Maryland and Rutgers offer zero football value. They're only in the Big Ten for the purpose of trying to jam BTN into basic cable packages in those markets.

The Big Ten should have stopped expansion at 12 unless a Notre Dame or Oklahoma (or preferably both) was added. Expanding to expand is stupid.

I think it is interesting to see how the recruitment of the state of Texas plays out in the near future. Texas AM has been stealing kids from them since Jimbo took over
With Texas being down and possibly going thru another coa ching change in a couple years there is an opportunity for a team like Nebraska to possibly steal some Texas players.

I'm half-expecting Texas to go off the rails and throw like $10-15m a year at Saban.

Big Ten definitely should have brought in Mizzou instead of Rutgers, but I don't see a problem with Maryland. If they could find a coach that isn't a piece of , they could build a solid program.

They are going off the rails especially with Texas AM messing with their head. It has been funny to watch down here the dynamic between the two fanbases. AM has forced their hand if they want to be the best team in Texas.

I REALLY wanted Nebraska to have a good program. Their fans are known for being loyal and classy. I REALLY like home-boy makes good stories.
smh.
Maybe next year.
Oh, and locally this means we'll have to listen to the duh' local paper who has a hard-on for a particular local private, go on and on about the Mich QB because he sniffed the air here and his family sent kids to that local private, but not him.

Nebraska just doesn't compete with the top Big 10 teams. Doesn't help that with all the conference rearrangements, they've always been slotted in the worst of the two divisions.