Big Ten

Stirred not Shaken

Currently after 2 weeks out of 14 teams only 8 BIG teams still undefeated. Personally after the way the BIG network copied Espin and unfairly attacked Urban Meyer during the Zach Smith situation, I hope the whole conference ends up sucking. With out Ohio State their is no BIG Network and I think the powers to be at OSU should remind the BIG of that fact.

It’s a 3 team race. The winner of Ohio State-Penn State at the end of the month vs Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship. Penn State bounced back in a big way last night, but Ohio State looks vastly more talented than anyone else in the conference at this point.

Currently after 2 weeks out of 14 teams only 8 BIG teams still undefeated. Personally after the way the BIG network copied Espin and unfairly attacked Urban Meyer during the Zach Smith situation, I hope the whole conference ends up sucking. With out Ohio State their is no BIG Network and I think the powers to be at OSU should remind the BIG of that fact.

Not a great end game in your scenario. Kind of a dumb attitude for a real Buckeye fan over the age of 11, actually......

Big ten pretty typical this year. Overrated. MSU and PSU nearly upset in week 1. MSU loses in week two. Too early to see anything on the Buckeyes, played two cupcakes. This week with TCU will be a better test.
Purdue loses to Eastern Mich. Northwestern loses.

Doesn’t matter, Big Ten probably still second best conference. Buckeyes are easily one of the top 4 teams in the country. Always the potential for a WTF game in college football though

Agree Ohio State appears to be one of the top 4 teams in the country at this point. Problem is the conferences strength has really taken a hit over the first two weeks. Good news for them, so has pretty much everyone else outside the SEC. If the Buckeyes somehow drop a regular season game they really need Wisconsin to run the table and beat them in the Championship game.

This could be a year where you could really put 4 SEC teams in the playoff. That conference is just so good. Top to bottom. Heck, Kentucky even went into the Swamp and beat Florida last week. That's like Rutgers beating Michigan State or Wisconsin.

I think the Big ten is very fortunate to swing such a big stick nationally. This season, we really don't know how good Ohio STate or Wisconsin will be because their schedules are so weak. At this point I'd say Ohio State is a top 10 team at best, and Wisconsin maybe a top 20 team.

What are you trying to say?
SEC has 9 of 14 undefeated.
Pac12 has 7 of 12 undefeated.
ACC has 7 of 14 undefeated.
Big12 has 5 of 10 undefeated.

Unless there's some schedule shenanigans any conference with a playoff should end up with a max of one undefeated team at year's end.

This could be a year where you could really put 4 SEC teams in the playoff. That conference is just so good. Top to bottom. Heck, Kentucky even went into the Swamp and beat Florida last week. That's like Rutgers beating Michigan State or Wisconsin.

I think the Big ten is very fortunate to swing such a big stick nationally. This season, we really don't know how good Ohio STate or Wisconsin will be because their schedules are so weak. At this point I'd say Ohio State is a top 10 team at best, and Wisconsin maybe a top 20 team.
:laugh: I'm not a big Ohio State fan, some may say I even dislike the Buckeyes but they are absolutely a top 5 team - probably even top 3 at this point. To say anything otherwise is just trolling.

Last year the SEC went 5-6 in bowl games. Yes, that's a losing record.
Big 10 went 7-1 with tsun suffering the only loss.

Obvious troll is obvious.

4 sec teams in the playoffs :laugh:

I hate OSU and love SEC football but I am not stupid. OSU and Alabama have shown to be the top two teams at this point. I do think LSU, Auburn and Georgia all are very good, top ten teams however I would take none of them at this point over Ohio State. Also, I think Clemson at this point should be right there with Georgia and ahead of LSU and Auburn. LSU and Auburn then ranked with Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Stanford and Wisconsin. The best thing is, all of the top teams have their chance to play themselves into the playoff.

Maryland and Ritgers did the Big10 proud. As far as Troy goes, I thought that was a city on the northern coast of Turkey that the Greeks attacked 2500 years ago. I didn't know that they had a university, let alone a football team.

Maryland and Ritgers did the Big10 proud. As far as Troy goes, I thought that was a city on the northern coast of Turkey that the Greeks attacked 2500 years ago. I didn't know that they had a university, let alone a football team.

You mean the Troy that beat LSU last year?

They were close with Clemson two years ago as well I believe. They have been a tough a team to beat ever since Neal Brown took over

I can't believe Rutgers is still godawful

I can, they are not getting the recruits that they were getting when they were in the Big East. The last ten recruiting class Rankings for Rutgers, 5 each in the Big East East and the Big Ten:
1-4 Big East
5 Big Ten
6 Big East
7-10 Big Ten

Moving to the Big Ten was supposed to help out recruiting. The great NJ talent is still being siphoned off by ND, PennST and cherry picked by Ohio St. The last 5 years Rutgers was in the Big East, Ohio St got 1 recruit from NJ, the 5 years since, 6

I figured Rutgers would eventually get the home state kids to stick around. I can't believe Schiano has been the only guy able to do it