Big Ten fans.....Re: Nebraska

Will you support Nebraska during the 2010-2011 season?

• No, they're not a member of the Big Ten!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet, but I will support them once they officially join the Big Ten in 2011.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clyde Frog

Will you choose to support the Nebraska Cornhuskers this season?

With Nebraska joining the Big Ten beginning in the 2011-2012 academic year, it seems to me as though many Big Ten fans across the country are excited that Nebraska will be the 12th addition to the conference. With UN having to finish one more season in the Big XII, will you openly support the Cornhuskers in their final season before becoming an official Big Ten member?

For me, I will cheer for Nebraska, unless they, of course, play a current Big Ten team. I believe as though how Nebraska does this season will not only be a reflection of their program for this season, but also for the future of the Big Ten. Even though Nebraska still has one more season in the Big XII, they are, IMO, still representing the Big Ten to a certain degree.

Phil Steele and Kirk Herbstreit both think that the winner of the Big12 and the Buckeyes will play for the National Title. Both think that Oklahoma will beat Nebraska out for the right to play the Buckeyes. Wouldn't that be a great game if the Huskers and the Buckeyes played for the National Title a year before they are both Big 10 members? I just doubt anyone in the SEC beats Alabama this year.

Phil Steele and Kirk Herbstreit both think that the winner of the Big12 and the Buckeyes will play for the National Title. Both think that Oklahoma will beat Nebraska out for the right to play the Buckeyes. Wouldn't that be a great game if the Huskers and the Buckeyes played for the National Title a year before they are both Big 10 members? I just doubt anyone in the SEC beats Alabama this year.

Auburn might have something to say about that.

That's what I heard yesterday, and I would never overlook Florida. The bigger issue for me is Iowa and Wisconsin. The Bucks need to win those two games on the road and make it. I also heard that Desmond Howard picked Miami, Fla to play for the title.

Ive cheered for Nebraska since my first and only interaction with them in South Bend back in 2000 or 2001. I at that point had only witnessed opposing Big 10 fanbases, but the Big Red folks were actually NICE and RESPECTFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE. No animosity, no idiots. It made quite an impression on me and it's a major reason they've gotten my support through the years. Now I'll need to cheer against them occasionally, but that's no issue. I also like the prospect of OSU/Nebraska for the BCS title. Now that's a storyline.

I must see things differently from everyone else as I'm the only oddball that voted for the last option up to this point. :D

My thought is this...why the heck would I care about Nebraska although they are joining the Big Ten? As it stands now, I root for Ohio State to beat anyone they play, root for any team that plays Michigan, and don't pay much attention to the other teams in the Big Ten unless they are playing one of the teams I mentioned above. In my mind, Nebraska will get clumped in with the majority of the Big Ten teams that I can't say I really like or dislike to any great extent.

I must see things differently from everyone else as I'm the only oddball that voted for the last option up to this point. :D

My thought is this...why the heck would I care about Nebraska although they are joining the Big Ten? As it stands now, I root for Ohio State to beat anyone they play, root for any team that plays Michigan, and don't pay much attention to the other teams in the Big Ten unless they are playing one of the teams I mentioned above. In my mind, Nebraska will get clumped in with the majority of the Big Ten teams that I can't say I really like or dislike to any great extent.

I do too. I'm a Buckeye fan, but I want tsun to be undefeated too when we match up. That way the game means more than ever!:thumb:

Ive cheered for Nebraska since my first and only interaction with them in South Bend back in 2000 or 2001. I at that point had only witnessed opposing Big 10 fanbases, but the Big Red folks were actually NICE and RESPECTFUL and KNOWLEDGEABLE. No animosity, no idiots. It made quite an impression on me and it's a major reason they've gotten my support through the years. Now I'll need to cheer against them occasionally, but that's no issue. I also like the prospect of OSU/Nebraska for the BCS title. Now that's a storyline.

That would be great!:thumb:

It OSU & Nebraska met in the Title game the entire college football universe would start crumbling at the foundations.

Two Big 10 teams (I consider the Huskers B10 already) vying for a National Title would be total anarchy in SEC country.

It OSU & Nebraska met in the Title game the entire college football universe would start crumbling at the foundations.

Two Big 10 teams (I consider the Huskers B10 already) vying for a National Title would be total anarchy in SEC country.
That's part of the appeal for me. :D

It was 2000 and I was at that game and have the same impression of Nebraska fans. Too bad they won in OT though.

It was 2000 and I was at that game and have the same impression of Nebraska fans. Too bad they won in OT though.
Weird game. ND passed for 30 yards (Arnaz Battle sucked) and still almost took down the #1 Huskers with 2 returns for TDs. My one and only ND game. Quite a game.

I'll be rooting for them this year, unless they play a Big Ten team in a bowl game. It would be great to have the Cornhuskers finish out their tenure in the Big XII with a conference title.

Nebraska looked good yesterday in a 49-10 season-opening victory over Western Kentucky. Redshift freshman Taylor Martinez was very impressive, rushing for 127 yards and 3 TDs, as well as passing for 136 yds. Martinez showed great speed and agility, albeit against WKU, who should be one of the worst teams in football this season.

That isn't too far fetched. Nebraska is a very good team and will give Texas and Oklahoma a fight. I would love to see that game happen or if not the National Title game, then in a bowl game on new years day at least. Nebraska vs. Ohio State, gotta love the sound of that.

I'm still getting used to the idea of Penn State being a B10 school...and now Nebraska. Well, hopefully like Penn State, Nebraska will compliment the prestige of the Big Ten which already has the richest football tradition of any collegiate conference.

So, yes, I will root for them to do well.