Big Ten Conference has voted to cancel football and fall sports for 2020, according to reports

Again, I find it so ironic, the people who wanted these players to be more than jocks and use their platform to speak up are now the same ones telling them they’re not smart enough to make their own decisions. Listen to Justin Fields, he has looked at the information, talked with his parents, talked with Drs, and he believes it’s safe to play. He’s not blindly saying he wants to play, he’s laid out his reasons, but the Corona Karens now think he’s just a dumb kid bc he doesn’t line up with their beliefs.

If I'm healthy and under 30 years old, I'm not losing a lot of sleep being worried about Covid.
Below stats are from Aug 2nd.....

Ohio population 12,000,000
Total deaths in Ohio per age group
ages 0-19................. 2 (out of 2,900,000 in Ohio ages 0-19)
ages 20-29............ 10
ages 30-39............ 25
ages 40-49............ 61
ages 50-59............ 222
(so if you're below age 60, you have a much better chance of dying in a traffic accident as opposed to covid)

Covid does not like old/sick folks
ages 60-69............ 499
ages 70-79............ 871
ages 80+................ 1,825

median age of covid death in ohio........ 80
life expectancy in ohio............................ 77

And where did they bury the 37 Clemson football players who tested positive late June?
You mean, those 37 players from Clemson didn't die? That is how I thought tOSU was going to finally beat them. This shocks me that they didn't die. In fact it seams like they infected themselves on purpose.

Did this decision rests on the hands of the B1G commisioner only? If that is the case, there needs to be a revolt and screw him. I know that tOSU's president said she wanted them to play.

Maybe I can shed some light on this for you:
Ohio highschool - DeWine is a Rhino and fine taking down the current president. He's good making those types of decisions, but taking down Ohio highschool football would seal an election loss for him in 2022. He's walking a tight rope as it it. BTW, if the dem teachers unions could make the call, you'd have no HS football this year or in class school.
Big 10 - Liberal Presidents took the season down, including Ohio State's President, a former Obama appointee. It also matters Pa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Ohio are all in play this election season. The lib presidents must do their part, like DeWine, to take the current president down.
SEC, ACC, Big 12 - Follow the politics. Primarly GOP states. Unlike lib Big 10 and Pac 10. Connect the dots.
NFL - No way the lib players and corporatists lose an opportunity to flag kneel in front of 100M voters every week.
MAC - NCAA required all fall teams, coaches, and support staff to covid test twice/week. The tests cost $100 per at a total cost of about $50/week. NCAA decided this after MAC schools lost their Big 10 revenue after they cancelled OOC games. NCAA brought down the 2 test/wk requirement after the MAC's lost their Big 10 revenue. MAC's model is to break even in non covid times. NCAA lib governance took the MAC down too.

That should just about sum it up for you. Libs cancel culture plan in an election year is the driver, except NFL where the value of flag kneeling outweighs any political value from cancellation.

You being miserable is the goal. If that requires a figurative and literal burning down of the country, so be it.
So true.

I counted twelve open threads on this forum that are all about essentially the same thing so I thought I'd make my own. Feel free to discuss the matter further here. Or open another thread if you'd like.

This could garner Trump some votes......Tuesday September 1st at 11:15 AM!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
3m

Had a very productive conversation with Kevin Warren, Commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, about immediately starting up Big Ten football. Would be good (great!) for everyone - Players, Fans, Country. On the one yard line!

It appears that conversation should be with the school Presidents. And if you're choosing who you vote for based on College Football then I suggest you at least find other things you support about a candidate. Wish the President would stick to politics like he wants athletes to stick to sports.

It appears that conversation should be with the school Presidents. And if you're choosing who you vote for based on College Football then I suggest you at least find other things you support about a candidate. Wish the President would stick to politics like he wants athletes to stick to sports.
I suggest you not to worry about what other people consider important. I am a huge OSU fan, and I am on the back 9 holes of my life. I want football and don't you and other liberals tell me what is important when choosing a candidate. Warren represents the BIG so makes sense Trump would talk to him.

I suggest you not to worry about what other people consider important. I am a huge OSU fan, and I am on the back 9 holes of my life. I want football and don't you and other liberals tell me what is important when choosing a candidate. Warren represents the BIG so makes sense Trump would talk to him.

I voted for Trump. But sorry to hear you're going to have to make it through football season without the Bucks this year. Sorry Trump keeps engaging in issues he has no say in. You can watch my Kentucky Wildcats play if you'd like though.

I voted for Trump. But sorry to hear you're going to have to make it through football season without the Bucks this year. Sorry Trump keeps engaging in issues he has no say in. You can watch my Kentucky Wildcats play if you'd like though.
Na, I'm a Vol fan. Go Big Orange!

No thanks, I believe it is a requirement to have your two front teeth missing to be a Kintucky fan.

Better stick with your day job....prognosticating doesn't seem to be your strong suit. Big ten will be playing this fall!!!!!!

No thanks, I believe it is a requirement to have your two front teeth missing to be a Kintucky fan.

Having seen the co-eds in their little blue dresses and cowboy boots, I can tell you it is not.

However..... When I was there last for a game in 2015 the "fan cam", sponsored by a dental clinic, focused in on someone who really needed to make a few trips to that clinic.

Better stick with your day job....prognosticating doesn't seem to be your strong suit. Big ten will be playing this fall!!!!!!

The school Presidents will make the decisions. Not the AD's, Coaches and players. Northwestern's President is the leader of the Presidents Committee. He just sent all freshman and sophomores home.

I hope that those who support the Trump initiative aren't the same people that condemned DeWine and said that government should stay out of football.

can we stick to the subject at hand? Geez, quit talking politics! I want updates on subject matter, not your political views! Mods, please delete this trash that doesn't have anything to do with the B1G.
Thanks!

If the conference doesn't play, we'll miss great moments like this.

Or this.

Last edited:
can we stick to the subject at hand? Geez, quit talking politics! I want updates on subject matter, not your political views! Mods, please delete this trash that doesn't have anything to do with the B1G.
Thanks!

Good luck when the President made it his duty to enter the College Football debate. And then stated he wanted things to start now as if that was an option. You're looking at probably late October if things got moving now. And before anything starts it has to be approved. Last I checked things weren't going well at Michigan St, Iowa or Northwestern. But I guess you can dream.

Good luck when the President made it his duty to enter the College Football debate. And then stated he wanted things to start now as if that was an option. You're looking at probably late October if things got moving now. And before anything starts it has to be approved. Last I checked things weren't going well at Michigan St, Iowa or Northwestern. But I guess you can dream.

Will the PAC-12 get the same " incentive," or are they not in the "swing states"?

Will the PAC-12 get the same " incentive," or are they not in the "swing states"?

Not swing states and really you haven't heard much from the PAC-12 in terms of fighting to get back. Maybe it's because I don't live in that part of the country therefore don't know the true media coverage.

Not swing states and really you haven't heard much from the PAC-12 in terms of fighting to get back. Maybe it's because I don't live in that part of the country therefore don't know the true media coverage.

From newsbreak:

In the Big Ten, football-crazed Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and even part of Nebraska are expected to be pretty competitive states that can swing the election. Per current aggregate forecasts, Iowa is the only state he has a real edge in right now.

Smart, purely political move. Football is far more precious to the Midwest than it is to the West.

They tried to do a poll of fans of the PAC 12; but couldn't find any that cared enough about football to respond. There will be hell to pay if the PAC 12 Beach Volleyball season is delayed next march