Big Ten Conference has voted to cancel football and fall sports for 2020, according to reports

So what were those possibilities after HIS PRESIDENT AND AD SAY NO FOOTBALL? There's no reason to even bring up another conference or going independent. His direct bosses have already made the decision.
Hey ding dong, his AD said that they were looking at other possibilities but legally speaking (i.e.) conference affiliation and TV contracts etc, it was not possible right now. OSU DID NOT want to punt till spring. They wanted to delay until October. Listen to the AD's ad hoc interview with lettermen row. As far as going to another conference or creating a new one, I am just speculating that OSU does not want to be tied to a conference full wimpy cows.

Wow! Our country is going to crumble because we don’t have football. Got it! It all makes sense now.
No, our country is crumbling due crushing unemployment due to things being shut down or only partially turned on. My daughter's in theatre. Everything is dark at least till January. Leaves a lot of people out of work. That is just one example. We don't need college football. More importantly, the universities don't need college football. The risk of litigation for doing something that is not a core mission requirement, is not worth the endowment. The virus isn't going away, the heart and pulmonary issues are not new to this viruses or any virus and until people get used to living with the virus or some Magic pill is developed to make people feel good, we are going to have institutions behave in a very risk manner. My question to everyone is "Are you ready for this behavior to last another year or two?" Because if things start to open up and there is not some significant material change in the situation, I am going to be pissed.

Hey ding dong, his AD said that they were looking at other possibilities but legally speaking (i.e.) conference affiliation and TV contracts etc, it was not possible right now. OSU DID NOT want to punt till spring. They wanted to delay until October. Listen to the AD's ad hoc interview with lettermen row. As far as going to another conference or creating a new one, I am just speculating that OSU does not want to be tied to a conference full wimpy cows.

You know Gene Smith has come out and stated there was nothing to that and that Ohio State wouldn't be playing this fall

I believe it’s tomorrow and the heads of the power 5 conferences have all met. My guess is they will cancel the season in unison as to not throw any conference under the bus.

Out of curiosity, does this just mean CFB is canceled or are we back to possibly discussing a move to Spring?

If this happens it definitely cements that HS football is done this year. This will be all the motivation schools need to cancel that know they would lose their butts without fans or at limited capacity.
No way

Then I guess they can join one of the other conferences slated to start in October. But he's said no football and the President voted no football
No, again, they voted to delay football. The other schools were not hearing it. Michigan, Penn Sate and OSU were pushing a delay. The threat of liability was the issue and it won out like it should. It would only take one crazy jury to take down an endowment. Just not worth it. They won't be playing a season in the spring either. the other schools might but OSU will not. The AD said that too.

No, again, they voted to delay football. The other schools were not hearing it. Michigan, Penn Sate and OSU were pushing a delay. The threat of liability was the issue and it won out like it should. It would only take one crazy jury to take down an endowment. Just not worth it. They won't be playing a season in the spring either. the other schools might but OSU will not. The AD said that too.
This virus will be here for a long time, so maybe no season for years to come, since they are worried about getting sued

And others will follow. This decision was based more on heart conditions that have popped up after they've had COVID. When it becomes National News and it's in your own conference you have to error on the side of caution. Fact is...we really don't know the long term effects. And the information is changing every day because this is new. And as students have started returning to campus so have the parties and outbreaks. There's no way to keep college kids in bubbles.

And others will follow. This decision was based more on heart conditions that have popped up after they've had COVID. When it becomes National News and it's in your own conference you have to error on the side of caution. Fact is...we really don't know the long term effects. And the information is changing every day because this is new. And as students have started returning to campus so have the parties and outbreaks. There's no way to keep college kids in bubbles.
All viruses can cause cardio problems. My dad is suffering such a situation from virus he contracted five years ago. It is not unique to covid. statistically speaking it will be miniscule. The underlying issue is the threat of liability and the fact the Universities are not in the athletics business. I would also say that some of the stuff talked about with that big ten ad pac ten group of athletes did not help. Make no mistake, this will hurt financially and will definitely have some long lasting effects on the football program (think post 1961) but for all of the big ten and pac ten. But I really do not think they care. They have had enough. Look for some big changes in all of these athletic departments moving forward. And they can forget about image and likeness moving forward too.

All viruses can cause cardio problems. My dad is suffering such a situation from virus he contracted five years ago. It is not unique to covid. statistically speaking it will be miniscule. The underlying issue is the threat of liability and the fact the Universities are not in the athletics business. I would also say that some of the stuff talked about with that big ten ad pac ten group of athletes did not help. Make no mistake, this will hurt financially and will definitely have some long lasting effects on the football program (think post 1961) but for all of the big ten and pac ten. But I really do not think they care. They have had enough. Look for some big changes in all of these athletic departments moving forward. And they can forget about image and likeness moving forward too.
Exactly right. Tired of hearing about the heart pulmonary issues. Flu, pneumonia can have the same results. The fact that few knew this points to the hysteria we are witnessing. Where was all this concern for people who had issues with the flu or pneumonia in the past 50 years? We must return to some semblance of normality.

I think you are wrong. The Big Ten will benefit from this. Going first will be an opportunity for coaches to say that they care about kids. They will look great.
The Big Ten threw in the towel at least a little early - no delay, just cancelled. Big time football recruits, for instance, are going to feel that with such a cautious approach there might not be a 2021 season nor 2022 season either.

So if just one of the remaining big conferences can put together any kind of a season, the B1G's kind of quick/early decision is going to hurt OSU's and the entire conference's recruiting. Top recruits are going to favor schools that are part of conferences that do absolutely everything in an attempt to hold games.

I don't get the liability issue, how can a player possibly prove they got covid from football. Wrestlers get MRSA and staph infections but OSU still has wrestling. I think liberal elitist presidents just wanted to show who is boss and thought other conferences would follow, big gamble to take.

Heard an interesting proposal from a NFL reporter>

If the B1G has a spring season make the practices/sidelines open to NFL types and try to make it mostly about getting the players on opportunity to impress NFL scouts for not only 2021 but beyond. It may get some more marginal draft-able players to commit to playing in the spring. Also, schedule a title game in CLE to coincide with the NFL draft.

Heard an interesting proposal from a NFL reporter>

If the B1G has a spring season make the practices/sidelines open to NFL types and try to make it mostly about getting the players on opportunity to impress NFL scouts for not only 2021 but beyond. It may get some more marginal draft-able players to commit to playing in the spring. Also, schedule a title game in CLE to coincide with the NFL draft.
@jayrichardson99 former OSU and NFL player should have some info on this and his @bishopfootball first game of the season in Ohio this Friday 8/21. First home game ever, where's it at? Did Jay Richardson show up for his deposition in the bank fraud case?

Last edited:
I've heard the Big 10 could reverse this soon. Maybe as soon as tomorrow. Couple people I trust told me about this. Hope it's true

There is a Fauci Cup starting up on Twitter for the NCAA FBS school w/ the most reported cases of Covid-19. So far the top 5>

1) UNC
2) Notre Dame
3) Texas
4) UGA
5) Washington

There is a Fauci Cup starting up on Twitter for the NCAA FBS school w/ the most reported cases of Covid-19. So far the top 5>

1) UNC
2) Notre Dame
3) Texas
4) UGA
5) Washington

If I'm healthy and under 30 years old, I'm not losing a lot of sleep being worried about Covid.
Below stats are from Aug 2nd.....

Ohio population 12,000,000
Total deaths in Ohio per age group
ages 0-19................. 2 (out of 2,900,000 in Ohio ages 0-19)
ages 20-29............ 10
ages 30-39............ 25
ages 40-49............ 61
ages 50-59............ 222
(so if you're below age 60, you have a much better chance of dying in a traffic accident as opposed to covid)

Covid does not like old/sick folks
ages 60-69............ 499
ages 70-79............ 871
ages 80+................ 1,825

median age of covid death in ohio........ 80
life expectancy in ohio............................ 77

And where did they bury the 37 Clemson football players who tested positive late June?

Last edited:
If I'm healthy and under 30 years old, I'm not losing a lot of sleep being worried about Covid.
Below stats are from Aug 2nd.....

Ohio population 12,000,000
Total deaths in Ohio per age group
ages 0-19................. 2 (out of 2,900,000 in Ohio ages 0-19)
ages 20-29............ 10
ages 30-39............ 25
ages 40-49............ 61
ages 50-59............ 222
(so if you're below age 60, you have a much better chance of dying in a traffic accident as opposed to covid)

Covid does not like old/sick folks
ages 60-69............ 499
ages 70-79............ 871
ages 80+................ 1,825

median age of covid death in ohio........ 80
life expectancy in ohio............................ 77

And where did they bury all the Clemson football players who tested positive last month?
IDK but the ones who didn't die, when they do die will have another National Championship ring on their fingers after this season is over.