Big Moe Basketball

It amazes me that Coach doesn't just let those kids use their athleticism and play basketball. They can win it all but for me they play to many close games or let teams hang around because of their style. I still think they win the Region but i just dont see them winning State.

It amazes me that Coach doesn't just let those kids use their athleticism and play basketball. They can win it all but for me they play to many close games or let teams hang around because of their style. I still think they win the Region but i just dont see them winning State.
Right. He’s had such little success by his methods. :rolleyes:

Moeller looked flat and honestly tired last night. Also, give St. X credit, they played well. Moe has played a very tough schedule with essentially 5 player all year, and what appears to be Williams at 80% due to injury for the past 7-8 games. McCracken loss is really starting to show with their depth. Hopefully they recharge and get focused. This team can definitely cut down the nets again!

I believe 4 of the 5 starters are seniors this year. If they are mainly playing with 5 does that mean the cupboard will be somewhat bare next season to what people are used to? They have had a tremendous run of having D1 kids overlapping into the following season for what seems like a long time so the machine just keeps going. I know it is looking ahead, but if they are mainly playing 5, it sounds like there is not a lot on the bench.

I believe 4 of the 5 starters are seniors this year. If they are mainly playing with 5 does that mean the cupboard will be somewhat bare next season to what people are used to? They have had a tremendous run of having D1 kids overlapping into the following season for what seems like a long time so the machine just keeps going. I know it is looking ahead, but if they are mainly playing 5, it sounds like there is not a lot on the bench.
They only have 5 bc Kremer drove the good bench players from the program. The kids (starting 2 guard at McNick and starting pg for Wyoming) knew Kremer would never give them any minutes (even though he tells them the opposite to try and keep them at Moeller) so they left. You can't expect kids that want to play in college to just be scout team players with no chance of earning minutes. Now they have little depth. It's just like last years team when a number of seniors either left or just had enough and didn't even go out for the team (Thompson, Younkin, Valentine, Suter, Lloyd, Colbert).

It was a beautiful thing to see Kremer and Duncomb melt down at the end of the game against all that D3 talent for St. X.

They only have 5 bc Kremer drove the good bench players from the program. The kids (starting 2 guard at McNick and starting pg for Wyoming) knew Kremer would never give them any minutes (even though he tells them the opposite to try and keep them at Moeller) so they left. You can't expect kids that want to play in college to just be scout team players with no chance of earning minutes. Now they have little depth. It's just like last years team when a number of seniors either left or just had enough and didn't even go out for the team (Thompson, Younkin, Valentine, Suter, Lloyd, Colbert).

It was a beautiful thing to see Kremer and Duncomb melt down at the end of the game against all that D3 talent for St. X.

Moeller Program at all 3 Levels presently sits at 46-6 for the 2020-21 season. Crusaders still are the team to beat headed into the tourney. Moe may rebuild next season, however much to your displeasure, the program will continue to be among Ohio's best moving forward, and have an excellent shot at yet another state title this season.

Moeller Program at all 3 Levels presently sits at 46-6 for the 2020-21 season. Crusaders still are the team to beat headed into the tourney. Moe may rebuild next season, however much to your displeasure, the program will continue to be among Ohio's best moving forward, and have an excellent shot at yet another state title this season.
Going to be hard without McKracken . . . he was their best and most athletic player.

Moe will be down for Moe next season but I still expect them to finish 2nd in the GCLS behind Elder. I would think they go 16-6 or in that range depending on schedule. The soph/jr kids are ok but they have a loaded frosh class that may be able to help at Varsity next year.

Right. He’s had such little success by his methods. :rolleyes:

You make a fair point but so do I. Moeller has been loaded with high level D1 and D2 kids for years not to mention NBA talent. Anyone and I mean anyone could have won State Titles with that talent. I will be very interested to see how they are next year with only 1 D1 kid on the roster. Carl is amazing at running a program and getting great basketball players from great families to join the program. From an X and O standpoint I think he leaves a lot to be desired. There is just no way he should be losing to X and Elder with the talent and size he has. He should have never been in the position to lose to Jackson a few years back with the talent he had either. Scoring in the high 30's and low 40's with D1 guys across the board is unacceptable!

You make a fair point but so do I. Moeller has been loaded with high level D1 and D2 kids for years not to mention NBA talent. Anyone and I mean anyone could have won State Titles with that talent. I will be very interested to see how they are next year with only 1 D1 kid on the roster. Carl is amazing at running a program and getting great basketball players from great families to join the program. From an X and O standpoint I think he leaves a lot to be desired. There is just no way he should be losing to X and Elder with the talent and size he has. He should have never been in the position to lose to Jackson a few years back with the talent he had either. Scoring in the high 30's and low 40's with D1 guys across the board is unacceptable!

Kremer is 616-162 with 5 State titles. But he's got to get better with the X's and O's...Hummm?

Al- you keep mentioning guys who left, the bench players from the past couple of years who left- they all playing D1?

Al- you keep mentioning guys who left, the bench players from the past couple of years who left- they all playing D1?
You don't win with just 5 guys even if they are D1. Did you not watch Friday's game? You need depth. St X has a bunch of D3 kids that ran circles around the D1 guys. Proves the X's an O's point from JElder. My point is that Kremer needs to go deeper and play 8-10 guys. All the guys that left will play or could have played D3. A couple had D2 offers and one is playing D1.

You don't win with just 5 guys even if they are D1. Did you not watch Friday's game? You need depth. St X has a bunch of D3 kids that ran circles around the D1 guys. Proves the X's an O's point from JElder. My point is that Kremer needs to go deeper and play 8-10 guys. All the guys that left will play or could have played D3. A couple had D2 offers and one is playing D1.

It was one game. Lets see what happens if Moe plays X again in the tourney. You people are to much.

Is the tournament game with Little Miami cancelled for today? It's listed as no contest on the tournament web site Did LM bail on the Crusaders

Congrats to Big Moe on tonight's great win. An instant classic in their storied history!
As I said on another post, it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Great win. Also congrats to X players. They showed heart throughout the game. Cant tell you how many times I felt relief in this game, only to see X hit a string of 3s to get them back in.

What the heck did I just witness? Dean Smith 4 corner offense for 4 quarters. When you are much bigger and possess more athleticism than your opponent, why would you play keep away instead of trying to run your opponent out of the gym. The name of the game is to work the ball inside and dish to score not work the ball inside and toss it back to almost mid court. Scoring 8 points in the second half against any team is an embarrassment. Just my two cents worth. GBM 💪 🏀

What the heck did I just witness? Dean Smith 4 corner offense for 4 quarters. When you are much bigger and possess more athleticism than your opponent, why would you play keep away instead of trying to run your opponent out of the gym. The name of the game is to work the ball inside and dish to score not work the ball inside and toss it back to almost mid court. Scoring 8 points in the second half against any team is an embarrassment. Just my two cents worth. GBM 💪 🏀
Yea. That was ugly. Not fun to watch.

Another tough late game meltdown at Elder. Giving up the go ahead bucket and missing 4 straight free throws and then botching an inbounds pass underneath your own basket with less than 4 seconds to go. All of this happened with less than one minute left in regulation. There seems to be a dearth of scoring from the backcourt for quite a few games now. Hopefully the boys can get it together in time to pick up a few post season wins. All in all three losses in the last four games is especially troubling especially after an 0-3 start to the season. There has rarely been any scrutiny of the coaching over the last decade or so but one has to take a look at the inconsistency and mounting miscues this year and you can draw your own conclusions. GBM 💪 🏀

I happened to take in the game against Hamilton Big Blue last night at LW. Moe jumps out to a 10-2 lead early and then goes to sleep for the rest of the half being shut out in the second quarter (Leading 17-15 at half time). They rallied big time to close out the third quarter forging ahead 36-20 by quarter's end. Once again, a lack of focus, turnovers and inconsistent offense allowed the Big Blue to get within six late in the game. Needless to say, this team needs to play near error free ball to keep this crusade going. Good luck against LE. GBM 💪 🏀

I happened to take in the game against Hamilton Big Blue last night at LW. Moe jumps out to a 10-2 lead early and then goes to sleep for the rest of the half being shut out in the second quarter (Leading 17-15 at half time). They rallied big time to close out the third quarter forging ahead 36-20 by quarter's end. Once again, a lack of focus, turnovers and inconsistent offense allowed the Big Blue to get within six late in the game. Needless to say, this team needs to play near error free ball to keep this crusade going. Good luck against LE. GBM 💪 🏀
I opted for the MND game (which was fantastic) so I just saw updates without explanation, until now. I’m not surprised by your insights.

I saw LE play early this season, but it appears they are playing very well now, based on the last 3 games. This game is at West and I expect a full house. Should be a good one.

I opted for the MND game (which was fantastic) so I just saw updates without explanation, until now. I’m not surprised by your insights.

I saw LE play early this season, but it appears they are playing very well now, based on the last 3 games. This game is at West and I expect a full house. Should be a good one.
#0 scored close to 30 vs Withrow. Stop him and you win. If he goes off, it's anyone's ball game. GBM 💪 🏀

What happened to Coach Dan Jurkowitz? He seemed to be an integral part of the varsity staff. Is him not being there impacting things?