Big Moe Basketball

A very narrow escape yesterday vs Lakota East. #0 for LE was almost too much for Moe to overcome. His performance should not have been a surprise to anyone. Moe coaches could have observed his performance against Withrow earlier in the week since the Moe vs Hamilton game immediately followed the LE vs Withrow game at LW. I am surprised Moe did not pay more attention to him on Saturday. He was clearly the best player on the court and is only a Soph. Next up is Princeton. Early in the year Princeton was clearly the better team vs Moe. Unfortunately I think we might be in store for more of the same. I hope I am off on my prediction here. GBM 💪 🏀

A very narrow escape yesterday vs Lakota East. #0 for LE was almost too much for Moe to overcome. His performance should not have been a surprise to anyone. Moe coaches could have observed his performance against Withrow earlier in the week since the Moe vs Hamilton game immediately followed the LE vs Withrow game at LW. I am surprised Moe did not pay more attention to him on Saturday. He was clearly the best player on the court and is only a Soph. Next up is Princeton. Early in the year Princeton was clearly the better team vs Moe. Unfortunately I think we might be in store for more of the same. I hope I am off on my prediction here. GBM 💪 🏀
It was a fun game to watch. Refs had suspect calls— going both ways.

Princeton will be a handful, but pleasantly surprised Moe is still in it at this point.

One of Lakota East better players got kicked off the team earlier this season. He was a Senior but maybe LE was better without him. What could of been.

Moeller will have to beat Centerville, plain and simple.

One of Lakota East better players got kicked off the team earlier this season. He was a Senior but maybe LE was better without him. What could of been.

Kronauge. I thought he left on his own accord. Either way, yes that hurt their chances.

I heard it ran its course and he left to be with his family more. He was never in contention to be a head coach. Just a voluntary assistant for a long time. Not head coach material.

Moeller likely isn’t beating Princeton, and they definitely aren’t beating Fairfield. They won’t play Centerville.

I saw the team took one on the chin today. Was shocked to see they went scoreless in the 2nd quarter except for a player hitting a buzzer beater. How does a team go almost scoreless in a quarter? Was it just a down year? What do they have coming up in the pipeline?

Return quite a few varsity players- AJ McBride, Havens, Mahaffey, George are all juniors, Kingston Land is a sophomore and the lone freshman on Varsity, Jordan Duncan, is very good. McCutchan is on JV and a very good all around player plus a couple other freshman sprinkled could elevate to varsity next year including 6’7” sterling. A couple incoming 8th graders that are potential JV/Varity material as well.

Return quite a few varsity players- AJ McBride, Havens, Mahaffey, George are all juniors, Kingston Land is a sophomore and the lone freshman on Varsity, Jordan Duncan, is very good. McCutchan is on JV and a very good all around player plus a couple other freshman sprinkled could elevate to varsity next year including 6’7” sterling. A couple incoming 8th graders that are potential JV/Varity material as well.
Lots of talent in the pipeline, however if your offense runs at the speed of a 33 RPM vinyl record from the 60's, good luck. GBM

Moeller returns a lot next year and should be quite good with good length and athleticism. They badly need somebody to develop as a point guard. It doesn’t have to be someone who is Miles McBride good. A Tony Rack or Rob Christie kind of player will do.

Moeller returns a lot next year and should be quite good with good length and athleticism. They badly need somebody to develop as a point guard. It doesn’t have to be someone who is Miles McBride good. A Tony Rack or Rob Christie kind of player will do.
Duncan is a point guard- potential is there, quick with good handles

Heard a few of the returners may not be returning could just be speculation and rumors but Im hearing its possible they lose a few key pieces

Heard a few of the returners may not be returning could just be speculation and rumors but Im hearing its possible they lose a few key pieces
Maybe- never know these days, grass is always greener right? If you meant starters leaving it would definitely hurt a bit but some good kids coming up so- next!

Maybe- never know these days, grass is always greener right? If you meant starters leaving it would definitely hurt a bit but some good kids coming up so- next!
With all do respect to returnees, I would not be surprised to see as many as 2 or 3 prospective returnees who saw significant playing time have to compete whole heartedly for playing time in 2023-24. Might as well bite the bullet now and play the guys who will lead the program over the next 2-3 years. There is too much untapped talent at the lower levels to allow for mediocre play based on seniority. GBM 💪 🏀

I saw where Kingston Land injured his wrist during the LaSalle game. Any up dates on how the young man is doing? GBM 💪 🏀