Bibbs transferring??

John336

Heard Justin Bibbs withdrew from CJ today to transfer to a prep school in Florida can anyone verify.

Why would he leave? He already holds offers from UD and Xavier, and he still has 2 full years to play, so it's not like he wasn't getting recruited. This totally surprises me. Going to miss watching him play, probably was the best returning player in Dayton

I wish Bibbs the best, on the other hand for CJ his departure means 6-8 losses maybe more especially if other players transfer.

without Bibbs and with Staley graduating, the Eagles lose around 35 points per game. They are going to need 4 or 5 guys to all chip in offensively if they want to have a good season

My question is why are players leaving CJ. Great program and education. To my knowledge Bass, McGuire, Gist (all who have won State Championships), Law and McClure. Now Bibbs, this must be killing Staley.

What does AAU have to do with him going to Montverde? They have one of if not the best high school coaches in the country

What does AAU have to do with him going to Montverde? They have one of if not the best high school coaches in the country

He is a great coach. I saw them play a few years ago when they came up to the Flyin to the Hoop.

It appears Bibbs wants to play with and against better players day in and day out with better coaching to prepare him for college.

Bass and McGuire, etc left because Dunbar got in their ears telling them they would be the star at Dunbar, they weren't getting enough touches at CJ, etc...if they soley wanted state titles but no development they got what they wanted. Chris couldnt accept the fact he couldnt shoot...

Bibbs needed better coaching?? I think he has improved each year tremendously.I can understand wanting to play against some of the best talent in the country, but I think also going against the the dunbar's, thurgoods, and GCL is pretty good comp too, while staying with the kids you have come up with in the eagles select program.

If you want to look at player development, college success, and even NBA, I think CJ has shown and Staley, that he develops players properly. Kids these days just always think, and their handlers help this problem, that they are the star and can't be team players.

Bass and McGuire, etc left because Dunbar got in their ears telling them they would be the star at Dunbar, they weren't getting enough touches at CJ, etc...if they soley wanted state titles but no development they got what they wanted. Chris couldnt accept the fact he couldnt shoot...

Bibbs needed better coaching?? I think he has improved each year tremendously.I can understand wanting to play against some of the best talent in the country, but I think also going against the the dunbar's, thurgoods, and GCL is pretty good comp too, while staying with the kids you have come up with in the eagles select program.

If you want to look at player development, college success, and even NBA, I think CJ has shown and Staley, that he develops players properly. Kids these days just always think, and their handlers help this problem, that they are the star and can't be team players.

Transferring down to Monteverde allows Bibbs to play with and against teams that have better talent than Dunbar and more coaching/discipline than CJ. The level of basketball they play down there is so much higher than it is up here. Plus there are more games they play and the whole focus is basketball and school. That is the main reason kids transfer to these prep schools.

Bibbs staying at CJ these next few years would only benefit CJ. The only way they would be able to compete is to slow the game down a ton and keep games in the 40s and 50s. It definitely is effective. See all the GCL teams that have won state championships in Ohio. But it would not benefit him as much as transferring would where you actually look to score.

I just find the bolded part funny because Bibbs would be the WHOLE team at CJ and he won't even start his first year down at Monteverde. Team player will be an understatement.

Past My Prime, I'm just curious - what about Staley's style of coaching tells you that his players are undisciplined? His kids are never in trouble with the school, they don't get technicals, and are never in trouble with the law (unlike a few other Dayton teams...) His players do what they are told on the court, so I'm curious as to what you meant when you said Bibbs will get more coaching/discipline that at CJ.

Past My Prime, I'm just curious - what about Staley's style of coaching tells you that his players are undisciplined? His kids are never in trouble with the school, they don't get technicals, and are never in trouble with the law (unlike a few other Dayton teams...) His players do what they are told on the court, so I'm curious as to what you meant when you said Bibbs will get more coaching/discipline that at CJ.

Read the post again he wasn't taking a shot at CJ but was citing that program as a bench mark for discipline.

Sorry not that type of discipline... On the court discipline with and without the ball and defensively where to be and when...

Wish Justin the best, very sad to see him go. He is a great kid and will do big things in Florida and where ever he decides to play in college. This is defiantly a big blow to CJ but there are some other strong players returning. On the bright side it's better then him transferring to Dunbar or Thurgood :D

Transferring down to Monteverde allows Bibbs to play with and against teams that have better talent than Dunbar and more coaching/discipline than CJ. The level of basketball they play down there is so much higher than it is up here. Plus there are more games they play and the whole focus is basketball and school. That is the main reason kids transfer to these prep schools.

Bibbs staying at CJ these next few years would only benefit CJ. The only way they would be able to compete is to slow the game down a ton and keep games in the 40s and 50s. It definitely is effective. See all the GCL teams that have won state championships in Ohio. But it would not benefit him as much as transferring would where you actually look to score.

I just find the bolded part funny because Bibbs would be the WHOLE team at CJ and he won't even start his first year down at Monteverde. Team player will be an understatement.

After hearing more about the situation, I understand this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Justin and wish him the best. Little bitter because I really wanted to see him play at CJ the next two years and see what he can do.

You are wrong on a couple things, CJ can play different styles, when they need to. You don't play run and gun with Dunbar, you don't play so pound the ball against St. X. They smashed Meadowdale in the playoffs last year by 30, scoring well about 40-50 points.
Also are you saying Staley doesn't teach fundamental D, where to be on the court with and without the ball on offense??

Did he not teach this to the numerous kids he has put in D1, D2, D3 schools? Brown in the NBA? or did someone after him do all of that coaching?

After hearing more about the situation, I understand this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Justin and wish him the best. Little bitter because I really wanted to see him play at CJ the next two years and see what he can do.

You are wrong on a couple things, CJ can play different styles, when they need to. You don't play run and gun with Dunbar, you don't play so pound the ball against St. X. They smashed Meadowdale in the playoffs last year by 30, scoring well about 40-50 points.
Also are you saying Staley doesn't teach fundamental D, where to be on the court with and without the ball on offense??

Did he not teach this to the numerous kids he has put in D1, D2, D3 schools? Brown in the NBA? or did someone after him do all of that coaching?

I think your looking at what he is saying completely wrong. After this past season he is saying only real scoring threat CJ would have is Bibbs so that would force Staley to slow the game down and that would take away a ton of what Bibbs is capable of.

As for the part about defense he isn't bashing Staley on how he coaches or what he coaches just kind of common sense that the coach at Montverde is a better teacher of the game then Staley and has also sent numerous kids d1 and more then just 1 to the nba.

Kidd-Gilchrist-kentucky
Samuel Dalenmbert-nba
Al Harrington-nba
Kyrie Irving-Duke/nba
Dexter Strickland-North Carolina as well as many others.

Staley is a great coach and produces good teams almost every year even when he doesnt have a lot of talent they compete

Lol. Yes Most CJ teams can play different styles nobody is arguing that. But more than likely if Bibbs stayed at CJ it would be extremely tough to play uptempo and be competitive. It would not be fair to Bibbs.

In regards to teaching fundamental D, yes he Staley does. That is obvious. But trying to play the same defense against the speed and level of competition that he will see down in Florida will make him much better off and prepare him for college better.

I know it was a sarcastic statement/question but I will play your game and answer your last question. Yes most of the coaching kids get comes once they get to college.