'Better Call Saul'

That might be my one complaint. They have really milked this. I thought we would be close a season ago. I think we are extremely close now but? Still appreciate Gilligan's style. Still curious for what happens to those who we never see in BB such as Kim, Nacho, and Lallo.

I think with regard to Saul’s storyline, they’re in 2005. I say that bc Mike’s granddaughter makes reference to the Eagles playing in the Super Bowl. So they’re 2-3 yrs away from crossing over into the Breaking Bad storyline.

Episode one was was great IMO, episode two was a little two cartoony for me, with the two meth heads.

I’m also interested in seeing what happens to Kim and others.

So far so good. We're getting closer and closer to Walter White.

Mike breaking the arm of the gang kid on the street was a real highlight. Good to see Hank in the mix.

I think we're closing in on the end of Kim Wexler.

Yes and that's too bad.

Were there ever any suggestions of a Kim Wexler in Saul's past during Breaking Bad?
No. But he did mention being married "been down that rabbit hole" but never any details. Also at some point he's taken out to the desert before BB starts which he references when it happens again.

Classic Mike tonight. Taking out entire groups of criminals. Laying out what keeps him going.

Looks like we're seeing the beginning of the end for Kim.

My son turned me on to this a few weeks ago. I think I may be hooked. Btw, cartels must be proud they are in so many storylines on cable, network and streaming these days.

Kim's completely screwed. Here's hoping they use the vacuum guy to find her a new identity as opposed to killing her.
I was thinking they might, too, which would explain why Saul was so specific about managing a Cinnabon in Omaha. Was he trying to get disappeared close to where Kim was sent?

However, according to what Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould said on the Better Call Saul Insider podcast, the late Robert Forester who played vacuum guy Ed Galbraith made his final appearance on the show in the season 5 premiere.

Just my opinion but no way Kim goes that route. At least not on her own. They have foreshadowed her doing the right thing too many times. What she did for that homeowner. How Jimmy told her some maintenance man will pick up the glass (form the bottles thrown off the balcony) and she went back and swept it up. Kim is constantly trying to fix things right. I have a funny feeling there is a painful lesson coming about that.

It’s not totally ludicrous to say this is better than Breaking Bad. I’m not sure I fully agree, but it’s not an absurd suggestion.

It’s not totally ludicrous to say this is better than Breaking Bad. I’m not sure I fully agree, but it’s not an absurd suggestion.

BB was more uneven. You'd have a fantastic 10/10 episode followed by a 5/10. It was up and down. Outstanding overall, but uneven. Saul goes steadily along being never less that a 7/10 but never hits BB's 10/10 peaks.

BB was more uneven. You'd have a fantastic 10/10 episode followed by a 5/10. It was up and down. Outstanding overall, but uneven. Saul goes steadily along being never less that a 7/10 but never hits BB's 10/10 peaks.
BCS is more story and character driven, so there’s less suspense and it doesn’t have the same amount of “WTF?” moments as BB.

SPOILER ALERT

I really thought Kimmy was going to end up with Lalo pieces parts splashed all over her sensible outfit and that that event would press her to move on. To the show's credit, that was too easy.

Well, what did everyone think of the season finale? I've read some reviews that really liked it. I came away from it a little frustrated that nothing much seemed to get cleared up in the episode.

Rhea Seehorn should definitely be up for awards after this season. She's been outstanding. Unfortunately, Jonathan Banks is looking too old to be the physical threat he portrays. It was very apparent last night that he now has the old man posture, not unlike DeNiro in The Irishman. Bob Odenkirk has also aged beyond his role. No one's going to win any awards for makeup on lighting from the show!

Fantastic season overall.

I agree. BB was a slow burn but they kept moving forward. BCS is a slow burn but I feel like they might be milking it just a tad.

Agree on Mike and Saul. Mike is OLD. Don Eladio looked really old last night too (as compared to when Fring/Jesse/Mike killed him in BB). It was not until last night that I realized he is played by the Steve Bauer (of Scarface fame).

Lalo is a slick character. Still waiting to see what happens with him, Kim, and Nacho.

Liked the finale. Didn’t expect what happened to happen. Kim being crazier than Saul and Lalo making it to next season.

I know they probably have not filmed next season yet, but hope they have. I agree about Mike and Saul. The only reason Mike is believable as a character at this point is because we know him from BB.

Just use your mind to change their appearance to make them younger..... use your mind.... use your mind .... use your mind.... I know that is something that is lacking in politics but that does not mean we cannot do it.

Did not know that was the season finale.... did not seem like there were many episodes....