Best Television Theme Songs

OK, just let me say, I hate the whole CSI franchise, however, CSI NY has a theme song performed by the greatest Rock band of all time. What more can I say:

OK, just let me say, I hate the whole CSI franchise, however, CSI NY has a theme song performed by the greatest Rock band of all time. What more can I say:

I thought that was Led Zeppelin, but you may be right. Incredible! What the hell happened to rock like Teenage Wasteland, et. al?

My brain works in weird ways sometimes. I woke up this morning thinking of this song. It is far from the best TV theme song, in fact, I believe it is one of the worst. But, I was wondering if any of my contemporaries on here remember this as well:

I can remember watching these badly dubbed Italian films on Sunday afternoons between football and baseball season when there was not much else on but this and King of TV Bowling.

My brain works in weird ways sometimes. I woke up this morning thinking of this song. It is far from the best TV theme song, in fact, I believe it is one of the worst. But, I was wondering if any of my contemporaries on here remember this as well:

I can remember watching these badly dubbed Italian films on Sunday afternoons between football and baseball season when there was not much else on but this and King of TV Bowling.

Like a lot of things today, I vaguely remember it - I think.

The Dukes of Hazzard? Is this song now cancelled? Much like Waylon would say, I don't give a fuuuk, it's a damn good song...

Another good one if cartoons count.

Last edited:
MASH
Sopranos
Andy Griffith Show
Victory at Sea
All in the Family
Hogan's Heroes
Hawaii Five 0
The Lone Ranger

Last edited:
The Dukes of Hazzard? Is this song now cancelled? Much like Waylon would say, I don't give a fuuuk, it's a damn good song...

That theme song was the music for one of the coolest commercials ever (especially considering both stars and former high school teammates real life brushes with the law)

FWIW...

We have a thread on songs that bring back memories and I couldn't think of many. But your list of these songs, Hill St. Blues opening brings back definite memories of a good time in my life. To stretch the analogy, it was my "Cheers." It was a weekly destress gathering where everyone knew your name, even though you did not see them through the day, weren't people generally in any other part of life except that common sharing of one of the few tv's in the dorm.