Best Teams in NE Ohio?

North Royalton is going to be pretty good. Pitching might be as good and deep as any in the state, Gavin Jones is a Bama commit and a Top 150 MLB draft prospect. They lack a masher offensively but Jake Michalak is a D1 hitter.

Walsh Jesuit is ranked national preseason #23 by Maxpreps.
Baseball America has them ranked #2 in the Upper Midwest region. The only other Ohio teams ranked are #6 Cincinnati Moeller and #9 Olentangy Orange.

Also, Collegiate Baseball has the Warriors ranked #22 in the country in their HS poll.

Last edited:
So many good matchups this year with the PBR games. I can’t wait for Hoban and St Edward.

How do you know that kid hit that in summer ball?
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that either...
a) he has his own personal beef w/ the kid
b) his own kid is a .694 hitter and we aren't talking about how UCLA, LSU and the Mets have all been out to scout him yet
c) he's just overall a miserable soul who would trash a 16 year old high school juniors chances of playing high level college baseball
d) all of the above

Good luck to you though Wildcat you seem fun :(

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that either...
a) he has his own personal beef w/ the kid
b) his own kid is a .694 hitter and we aren't talking about how UCLA, LSU and the Mets have all been out to scout him yet
c) he's just overall a miserable soul who would trash a 16 year old high school juniors chances of playing high level college baseball
d) all of the above

Good luck to you though Wildcat you seem fun :(
Well I guess it doesn't really matter and I don't know Wildcat or the player but I was curious when I read this....
I looked him up in GC for his summer team and he did hit .116
Just sayin.

I think Walsh, Iggy in D1 are deep with other teams in the mix.
Mentor/Mayfield will be decent but I see them a tad down based who they lost and who they return.
Curious to see how Hoban is this season coming off the championship.
Gilmour lost Demell but has a ton of experienced players back and are D3 again this season.
Many decent teams and can't wait to see who emerges.

Well I guess it doesn't really matter and I don't know Wildcat or the player but I was curious when I read this....
I looked him up in GC for his summer team and he did hit .116
Just sayin.
Kid also has several D1 offers already too…

Walsh, Ignatius, Jackson, NoRo all solid this year w top end rotation guys. Give me a horse at the top of the rotation and I like my odds come playoff time

Salem VS. Canfield tomorrow, should be a fun one to watch... Maybe the Tech commit VS. the Buckeye commit? I am going to try and make it.

I said that? Show me where I said that. You guys must have had a girlfriend stolen by a CCC student when you were in school. I get it some trauma you never really get over. You guys keep claiming CCC sucks and as you said may beat 3 Stark teams when they regularly go to states and regularly beat most Stark teams they face. They likely won't be as good as last year due to losing their top 2 Sr pitchers but they will do some damage. Can't wait for the excuses as they start beating some Stark teams and you guys come in with the excuses. They got lucky or it was their 3 SP, etc..
In the Stark County forum you love gassing up CCC when everyone on there knows that they are middle of the pack at best in Stark. Even with their handpicked recruiting methods. Time will tell how CCC will hold up against the real teams they play, none of the D4 teams that can barely fill a whole lineup. No wonder they go to state, normally the private school in D4 have a huge advantage when picking who their players are when they only have about 50 boys in the school.

In the Stark County forum you love gassing up CCC when everyone on there knows that they are middle of the pack at best in Stark. Even with their handpicked recruiting methods. Time will tell how CCC will hold up against the real teams they play, none of the D4 teams that can barely fill a whole lineup. No wonder they go to state, normally the private school in D4 have a huge advantage when picking who their players are when they only have about 50 boys in the school.
Couldn't have said it better.

Hoban is a very difficult team to figure out.
They are 4-4 so far this year with losses to D2 unranked Rossford and D3 unranked Canton Central Catholic.

I’m beginning to suspect that they are a good team that went on a magical run last year that will be very hard to duplicate with a target on their back this year.