Best playoff sign I’ve ever seen.

ICBM

That’s confidence!!!

Attachments

• CAD03CBF-6740-4869-AC0E-F491D9D4EDB3.jpeg
    CAD03CBF-6740-4869-AC0E-F491D9D4EDB3.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 73

In today's society, I'm surprised the LBGQT community isn't in an uproar. That sign should say partner, not girlfriends. ROTFLMAO!
I think folks can recognize a joke when they see one; it's a funny sign. Equating today's society/uproar with the LGBTQ community is a bit odd considering LGBTQ folks out in Colorado Springs just subdued an active shooter. The Uvalde PD could learn a thing or two from them about grit and bravery. Any community gay or straight, blue or red has complainers. If this sign brings a chuckle to the fans freezing in the stands this time of year for playoff football, I'm all for it.

Seems to be a popular thing
View attachment 36464
Yeah. A lot of the ideas get brought to Pinterest, Tumblr and other platforms after they're first introduced.

Sometimes schools do mascot-specific ones, like when the opponents are the "Eagles," and the idea can be lifted from social media. I've seen "We are not responsible for any Ruffled Feathers" over the years. We (team surrendering an average of 53ppg) did this week four for a team that had put up 66 the week before. I saw it and thought "well... this sign has some interesting foreshadowing."

At the Warren Harding vs. Upper Arlington state championship game from 1974.
A couple Warren fans had a sign that read, “What the hell is a Golden Bear?” I still laugh about it. Warren won the game 41-8.

At the Warren Harding vs. Upper Arlington state championship game from 1974.
A couple Warren fans had a sign that read, “What the hell is a Golden Bear?” I still laugh about it. Warren won the game 41-8.

It was an homage to their most famous resident, Jack Nicklaus.

It was an homage to their most famous resident, Jack Nicklaus.
Not really , Jack got his nickname from a Golf writer, which ironically was the mascot of his High School. Upper Arlington selected Golden Bears as their mascot in 1928 .
Local Sportscasting legend Jimmy Crum donated a stuffed 500lb 9ft Alaskan Brown bear to U.A he actually shot on a hunting trip in 1956 . Not sure if its still there but was in the Hallway leading to the school gym for years. Was / Is a cool sight to see and for sure the coolest representation of a school mascot IMO in Ohio.

Not really , Jack got his nickname from a Golf writer, which ironically was the mascot of his High School. Upper Arlington selected Golden Bears as their mascot in 1928 .
Local Sportscasting legend Jimmy Crum donated a stuffed 500lb 9ft Alaskan Brown bear to U.A he actually shot on a hunting trip in 1956 . Not sure if its still there but was in the Hallway leading to the school gym for years. Was / Is a cool sight to see and for sure the coolest representation of a school mascot IMO in Ohio.
Its still there. In a new high school opened in 2021, but its there.