Votes: 12 10.8%
  • 2012 Toledo Central Catholic (14-1)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 2011 Trotwood-Madison (15-0)

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • 2010 Maple Heights (15-0)

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
Better check your memory. It was 21-6 at half. 42-6 when Barberton scored a garbage TD in fourth. Barberton was very good but was not better than WW, or Avon for that matter. Hoban beat Trotwood 30-0 and a running clock in 2016 state championship game. Hoban 2017 team was better than 2016 team. IMO they were better than Trotwood in 2017 as well
I thought 2017 Avon could take it all the way, but that Hoban team was just too much. I felt Avon's passing game would have given WW fits had they played, but Hoban had other ideas.

2011 Trotwood-Madison. Featured a secondary with a Michigan, Ohio State, and Kentucky Recruit, a Michigan Middle Linebacker. A future NFLer in Bam Bradley at safety from Pitt. That Trotwood team was loaded.
They were the best of the teams Avon faced, that's for sure. Even though Avon passed for a lot of yards on them, it was never easy. The big difference was the physical running game of Trotwood, with the big FB leading the big TB behind a big o-line.

Not to take anything away from Loveland in 2013, but LaSalle finished 3-7 that year. They had sophomore nick Watson at QB and Larkin at Rb and a strong offense of line, all lasalle had to do that year was beat at least one GCL team to make the playoffs,but came up short losing to Moeller 31-28 and losing to Elder 24-22 and X 24-16. That was the first year they were in division 2. Moeller won state that year in division 1 and LaSalle only lost by three in a game that I remember specifically because LaSalle should’ve won. If that was the case I bet LaSalle would’ve beaten Loveland first round of the playoffs that year. It was also the first year for Moore so it took awhile to mesh the team together and have good chemistry. Not saying LaSalle would’ve won state that year, but they would’ve been one of the first teams to be 4-6 and make to the fourth round or even the state game ending the regular season under 500.

Not to take anything away from Loveland in 2013, but LaSalle finished 3-7 that year. They had sophomore nick Watson at QB and Larkin at Rb and a strong offense of line, all lasalle had to do that year was beat at least one GCL team to make the playoffs,but came up short losing to Moeller 31-28 and losing to Elder 24-22 and X 24-16. That was the first year they were in division 2. Moeller won state that year in division 1 and LaSalle only lost by three in a game that I remember specifically because LaSalle should’ve won. If that was the case I bet LaSalle would’ve beaten Loveland first round of the playoffs that year. It was also the first year for Moore so it took awhile to mesh the team together and have good chemistry. Not saying LaSalle would’ve won state that year, but they would’ve been one of the first teams to be 4-6 and make to the fourth round or even the state game ending the regular season under 500.

This is way too confident. La Salle played the GCL tough in 2013, but lost to DIII Dwenger of Indiana, DIII DeSales and DIV Watterson. Sure, La Salle was way more talented than Loveland, but the culture at La Salle was mid-turnaround and they were in no way ready for a run to state. The Lancers would have struggled with a tough set of Loveland linebackers, the best senior class that program ever had and a really good freshman running back. Could La Salle have beaten them? Absolutely. Would they have? Probably not. All that said, 2013 La Salle would have been by far the best team Loveland played that year.

Hoban 2017 LaSalle 2014. Co-best. Can’t choose sorry.

Ok if I HAVE to then Hoban 2017. Frankly thought WW was 2nd best team in OH as well.

Last edited:
Hoban 2017 LaSalle 2014. Co-best. Can’t choose sorry.

Ok if I HAVE to then Hoban 2017. Frankly thought WW was 2nd best team in OH as well.

Hoban might have been the best team overall in Ohio, but you really think WW was the second best team in the whole state? Their most impressive win against a D1 school was over 8-3 Northmont by single digits. I would put AT LEAST Pick Central and Trotwood over them.

Who knows. JMO by end of season. WW was loaded athletically and beat a VERY good LaSalle team twice also. A lot of interesting matchups that year.

Hoban might have been the best team overall in Ohio, but you really think WW was the second best team in the whole state? Their most impressive win against a D1 school was over 8-3 Northmont by single digits. I would put AT LEAST Pick Central and Trotwood over them.

Their two wins over La Salle, a win over Anderson and a win over Massillon were far more impressive than any of their DI wins. The Warriors were pretty damned good in 2017. Hard no on Trotwood being better.

Their two wins over La Salle, a win over Anderson and a win over Massillon were far more impressive than any of their DI wins. The Warriors were pretty damned good in 2017. Hard no on Trotwood being better.

Trotwood was 15-0 and beat TCC and the D1 champs by double digits. Mind you Pick Central won state by running clock. And WW win over Anderson is about equal to Trotwood’s win over Troy or Chaminade-Julienne lol!