Best d3/d4 teams 2021-2022 Season

LetsGoBig

Who are the teams to beat in d3 & d4 next year?

No order:

D3:
The Lue--Defending State Champs
OG
Taft
Versailles--brings back almost everyone

D4:
Botkins--will need to replace its guards
Richmond Hts
Antwerp
New Bremen

Who else is out there?

Who are the teams to beat in d3 & d4 next year?

No order:

D3:
The Lue--Defending State Champs
OG
Taft
Versailles--brings back almost everyone

D4:
Botkins--will need to replace its guards
Richmond Hts
Antwerp
New Bremen

Who else is out there?
OG loses a lot except for Collin White who is going to be a real good player the next 3 years. Add Wayne Trace for D3 because they were another very young team that will be good the next few years. They just need a center which is a weakness for them right now is no one particularly tall.

For D4 I would add Lima Perry. They bring back a lot from a talented young class coming up.

D4:
Tri-Village -- Returns everyone. Huge size across the frontline and Sarver is very athletic for his size. Need to add some offensive structure to a team that had an undefeated regular season and won a district championship this year.

Springfield Catholic Central -- Returns their four best players and all but one kid from their rotation. Three of their six losses were to senior-heavy Cedarville (lost by two points to state champ Botkins in regional final) by an average of 10 points. Really good bigger athletic kid, very shifty PG that's tough to pressure and very physical as a group.

Both of those teams will very likely be in the SW regional with either a Shelby county team or Troy Christian, perhaps Botkins again. I really liked what I saw from the younger Pleiman kid the last few weeks. He's going to be very, very good the next two years. Tri-Village should get to the state tournament with what's on their roster.

D3
Taft-Were very good this year and have a lot coming back.
Worthington Christian-DJ Moore was the second best player in last weekend's state tourney IMO (Branham #1). As long as he is there, WC is a threat.
The Lue only played one non senior in the title game. I am sure they will reload but they are a long shot to win it next year.

D4
Richmond Heights-has their three biggest players returning next year. I am sure additional guards will be added to make them a favorite to win it all again.
Considering the champion almost always seems to come out of western Ohio, whoever survives that regional has to be considered a heavy favorite to win the title again.
Dalton-Has almost everybody back from a team who was ranked in the top 10 all year long.

D3 in NW Ohio should be OG and Archbold. OG is always loaded and Archbold has 4 really good classes coming up I have been told.

Worthington Christian-DJ Moore was the second best player in last weekend's state tourney IMO (Branham #1). As long as he is there, WC is a threat
DJ Moore has reclassified and will graduate from Worthington Christian this year big loss for them. He is going to Liberty University in the fall on a Basketball scholarship.

Last edited:
D3 in NW Ohio should be OG and Archbold. OG is always loaded and Archbold has 4 really good classes coming up I have been told.
I still have Wayne Trace as a dark horse there. Really good freshman/sophomore class that played mostly varsity this year. Only weakness there is some size at the post position. OG loses a big senior class too.

Not sure if both will be D4 but in Central District- Newark Catholic and Grandview Hts return most of their fire power from this year. Both play very good schedules that prepares them for the post season.

Newark catholic will stay in D4, they will get their best player back next year after a knee injury sidelined him after the 4th game this year.

And Taft gets Mekhi Elmore back for the whole year next season! That makes Taft the early season favorite in D3 next season they are one of the better teams in Ohio next year.