Best all time players @ schools/position

Beavercreek:
S- JBrown (although you had Culpepper, who didn't set his senior year)
OH - Culpepper, Ricks
MB - Lohner, Hemmerich
OPP - Little (set as well, but I thought he was a very good OPP)
L -Mikesch (who mostly played OH)

Logan is still fun to watch. Plays primarily beach but he and several of the guys mentioned are now playing indoor in the VLA. Logan, Dawson, bowling are on the Columbus team. The Pieper boys are on the new Lexington KY team. They will play in January at sports express.
76E8522A-E3CA-455F-A1E8-57E5A3D6A3AE.png

Logan is still fun to watch. Plays primarily beach but he and several of the guys mentioned are now playing indoor in the VLA. Logan, Dawson, bowling are on the Columbus team. The Pieper boys are on the new Lexington KY team. They will play in January at sports express.View attachment 37297

Time for a Cincinnati team to be added.

Elder All Time team
OH Wauligman/Maune/Langerich/Morman/A. Wessels
MB Vogt/Harp/Neiheisel/B.Luebbe
Opp J.Luebbe/?
Libero Burtke/Samuels
Setter C.Wessels/Bianco/
Thoughts? Additions
Many elder names already listed here’s a few others.
OH Austin Averbeck, Clancy Gay
M Nick Toth
Opp Tony Baldrick, Bryan Scheck

Last edited:
St X All Time Team
OH Connaughton/H. Kastner
Middles??
Opp
S/Opp Kehoe
S Kues/L.Kastner
Libero Huber
Needs some help…..
some additional names that may or may not have been mentioned In other posts
OH Bryan Kues, Ryan Doll, Nick Talbot, Evan Bretl
M Jack Habig, Chaz Jennings, Brian Mauch
S/Opp Drew Kurtz, Patrick Beer Michael Fletcher, Matt Kues
L Chandler Bell, Craig Dannemiller

Last edited:
Just to give the public school fellas a little love.....
(Definitely leaving out people I'm sure)

Lakota West:
S: Dallas Kaiser, Randy Thomas
MB: Chris Stanislovaitis,
OH: Alex Vohland, Dylan Kembre
OPP: Gurman Sekhon
L: Adam Johnson

Oak Hills:
S: Jared Meyer, Alex Anderson
MB: Andrew Chisholm, James Luebbe, Toby Bohringer
OH: Tim Laib, Tim Menchen, Keith Kaiser, Ryan Bross
OPP: Darien McDowell
L: Austin Anderson, Logan Essen, Anthony Papathanis, Mike Gerde

Fairfield:
S: Max Chenowith, Logan Brooks
MB: Jason Tobkin, Kory Gabel, Tim Hudson
OH: Derek Craig, Chase Fields, Josh Fisher
OPP: Brendan Buis, Nate Staudt, Austin Vanover
L: Parker Siebert

Sycamore:
S: Mike Grannen, Michael Richter, Nathan Pratt
MB: Owen Walsh
OH: Alan Kissinger, Trajan Kress, Trevor Kress
OPP: Dave Grannen
L: Timur Tulabaev, Dan Boger

Middletown:
S: Gabe Staton
MB: Mike Hiteshew, Theo Cox
OH: Steffan Shemmenn, Donald Ullery, Jacob Barbaree
OPP: Dennis Ullery
L:

Mason:
S: Noah Wissell, Andrew Grage, Anthony Lokar
MB: Jacob Grove, Killian Richardson
OH: Andrew Phander, Evan Beyke, Arthur Mogilevsky
OPP:
L:

Lakota East:
S: Alex Hoekstra, Bryant Kuhlman
MB: John Stahley, Dave Harper, Kalen White
OH: Wes Meyer, Doug Spotts, Brad Meyer, Ethan Hubbard
OPP: Evan Kuhlman
L: Tyler Harsch

Milford:
S:
MB:
OH: Adam Miracle
OPP:
L:

Hamilton:
S: Dustin Parrett, Conner Robinson
MB: Elijah Woods, Jake Tyahur
OH: Dylan Robinson
OPP:
L: Jose Santiago

Just to give the public school fellas a little love.....
(Definitely leaving out people I'm sure)

Mason:
S: Noah Wissell, Andrew Grage, Anthony Lokar
MB: Jacob Grove, Killian Richardson
OH: Andrew Phander, Evan Beyke, Arthur Mogilevsky
OPP:
L:
Anthony and Ben Fago belong on this list somewhere

Elder All Time team
OH Wauligman / Maune / Langerich / Morman / A. Wessels / Mohring?
MB Seaton / Vogt / Harp / Neiheisel / B.Luebbe
Opp J.Luebbe / John Lucas
Libero Burtke / Samuels
Setter C.Wessels / Kluesman / Daeshner / Bianco
Thoughts? Additions ?

Again could add probably 20 people if you really dug deep

Again could add probably 20 people if you really dug deep
What's crazy is that guys that weren't considered all-time greats at schools like X, Elder, Moeller would likely have made the lists of a lot of other schools had they gone there. Shows how deep those 3 schools go

What's crazy is that guys that weren't considered all-time greats at schools like X, Elder, Moeller would likely have made the lists of a lot of other schools had they gone there. Shows how deep those 3 schools go

Have always agreed with that. Just goes to show the huge disparity between the Big 3 and even the top top top tier public schools (when they have a good team). Obviously most everyone in here I think has always understood that.
Boys....in the last say 15 years? The only public school that really had the talent to upset may have been Lakota West in Kembre's Senior year?.....But realistically stood no chance against Elder or Moeller that year. Elder's lineup that year was better than most D2/D3 starting rosters (Elder's specifically that year IMO one of the best starting lineups ever)

Roger Bacon (admittedly, my knowledge doesn't go as far back for RB):
S- Ryan Bedinghaus, Rose, Brenner
OPP- Chris Reder
OH- Wilking, Mouty, Edwards (again, maybe move one to OPP?), Nick Beck, Brett Uetrecht
MB- Holt, Adam Goller, Alander, Nate Wyrick
L- Speed, Schnur
Added a few for RB

Have always agreed with that. Just goes to show the huge disparity between the Big 3 and even the top top top tier public schools (when they have a good team). Obviously most everyone in here I think has always understood that.
Boys....in the last say 15 years? The only public school that really had the talent to upset may have been Lakota West in Kembre's Senior year?.....But realistically stood no chance against Elder or Moeller that year. Elder's lineup that year was better than most D2/D3 starting rosters (Elder's specifically that year IMO one of the best starting lineups ever)
I know Kembre's senior year was 2010. My memory's fuzzy, so, looking at the GCL website, looks like Elder went 21-6 that year, but dropped matches to Lakota West, Centerville, St. Ed's, St. X and Moe twice. Beat Moe in the state finals, though. A really good starting lineup for Elder that year, for sure; very tall. Harp, Lucas, Zureick, Moehring, Barnette, but you may be thinking of 2008 when Elder went undefeated and only dropped like 6 or 7 sets all season? Had the Wessels, Bertke, Neiheisel, Gay, Baldrick, Malone, etc. That team just ran through everybody.

I know Kembre's senior year was 2010. My memory's fuzzy, so, looking at the GCL website, looks like Elder went 21-6 that year, but dropped matches to Lakota West, Centerville, St. Ed's, St. X and Moe twice. Beat Moe in the state finals, though. A really good starting lineup for Elder that year, for sure; very tall. Harp, Lucas, Zureick, Moehring, Barnette, but you may be thinking of 2008 when Elder went undefeated and only dropped like 6 or 7 sets all season? Had the Wessels, Bertke, Neiheisel, Gay, Baldrick, Malone, etc. That team just ran through everybody.

Both those Elder years were crazy loaded. Could really take your pick - realize undefeated in 08 is undefeated and the Wessels don't get near the credit they deserve IMO....but Harp, Lucas, Moehring, Zureick, Barnette was nuts. Could say they underperformed but that lineup holds up against anyone if you ask me. The size was just bonkers for a HS squad

Both those Elder years were crazy loaded. Could really take your pick - realize undefeated in 08 is undefeated and the Wessels don't get near the credit they deserve IMO....but Harp, Lucas, Moehring, Zureick, Barnette was nuts. Could say they underperformed but that lineup holds up against anyone if you ask me. The size was just bonkers for a HS squad
From '07-'10 Elder had some crazy talent. Went to 4 straight state finals, winning 2, losing 2. IMO, the '09 and '10 teams were almost carbon copies of one another in how they played and the personnel they had. The '09 team may have lost, but it was a very tight 5 setter to Moeller. Great run for that program in those years.

From '07-'10 Elder had some crazy talent. Went to 4 straight state finals, winning 2, losing 2. IMO, the '09 and '10 teams were almost carbon copies of one another in how they played and the personnel they had. The '09 team may have lost, but it was a very tight 5 setter to Moeller. Great run for that program in those years.
Similar to Moeller from '03 - '07 imo.
**I mean you could say both Moeller and Elder have had a "run" for the last 20 years if we're being honest :ROFLMAO:

Time for a Cincinnati team to be added.
It was discussed - but the Unicorns are essentially the "Cincinnati" team

Corey Pieper (Moeller)
Casey Pieper (Moeller)
Ben Luebbe (Elder)
Jake Juebbe (Elder)
Tim Laib (Oak Hills)
Derek Craig (Fairfield)
James Marton
Alex Vohland (West)
Logan Kerlin (Northmont)

They are actually hosting the Tier 2 Championships at Moeller HS on June 17 & 18 if anyone is interested - low key a big deal because they could move up to Tier 1 in the VLA

Do you mean they'd be the only public school able to upset all of the GCL teams in one year?

Because, even assuming you're only talking in the SW corner of the state, teams like Beavercreek, Sycamore, East, and Walnut have all beaten one of the "big 3". Interestingly, without doing a deep dive, I can't remember a time where Moeller has ever lost to a SW Ohio public school since the mid-2000s. Granted, totally going from memory here and could be wrong.

For public schools, depth is always the issue. The big 3 always have a lot more of that.

Do you mean they'd be the only public school able to upset all of the GCL teams in one year?

Because, even assuming you're only talking in the SW corner of the state, teams like Beavercreek, Sycamore, East, and Walnut have all beaten one of the "big 3". Interestingly, without doing a deep dive, I can't remember a time where Moeller has ever lost to a SW Ohio public school since the mid-2000s. Granted, totally going from memory here and could be wrong.

For public schools, depth is always the issue. The big 3 always have a lot more of that.
Moeller got swept by Beavercreek last year