Best All-time Cincinnati Area Running Backs

Agreed, played for the Buckeyes then a few years in the league. Thomas Hamner from Hamilton was also a stud, went to Minnesota then a short stint with the Eagles.
They were definitely men playing against boys.

Cothran was arguably the best fullback in the country when he was with the Bucks.

So many great back in SWO thru the years

70's Fransisco Brothers Moeller
Dwayne Crutchfield NCH
80's Jeff Cargile Roger Bacon
Derron & Dwayne Hunter Princeton
Archie Burdine Aiken
Mike Middleton West High
Carlos Snow CAPE
Lee Heath LaSalle
90's. Richard Hall Wyoming
Darius Ashley St. X
Brandon Miree Winton Woods
Bradley Glathaar Elder

2000. Kyle Slater Anderson
Hosea Simpson Winton Woods
DeShaun Wynn Lockland

Carlos Snow hands down. What he did in two quarters were amazing. Although CAPE was a small school they played a tough schedule with Ironton, Wyoming, Wheelersburg, Beechwood, and Forest Park to name a few. He also had a great career at Ohio State. They still love him in Columbus.

1. Carlos Snow
2. Any of the Moeller backs that did nothing in college but ran behind the biggest, recruited offensive lines I've ever seen.

Carlos Snow hands down. What he did in two quarters were amazing. Although CAPE was a small school they played a tough schedule with Ironton, Wyoming, Wheelersburg, Beechwood, and Forest Park to name a few. He also had a great career at Ohio State. They still love him in Columbus.
CAPE schedule was not tough! There conference was TRASH! Playoff time they played good teams. He had some good games but nothing like the games in conference! He was still great as his career for the Buckeyes was very good. Had to adjust to the more physical play of the Big 10. Had fumble problems. He did fix it.

Bainum, Montgomery, and Scanlon were wing-T quarterbacks.
where are Spencer Ware, Enye Willingham, and BJ Flowers (the single most impossible to tackle person I've ever encountered)

1. Jason Bainum - Williamsburg
2. Carlos Snow - C.A.P.E.
3. Richard Hall - Wyoming
4. Shaun Alexander - Boone County
5. Marc Edwards - Norwood
6. David Montgomery - Mt. Healthy
7. Andre Barkley - Cincinnati Country Day
8. Donald Johnson - North College Hill
9. Casey McGinness - Covington Catholic
10. Jordan Scanlon - Clinton Massie
It would be interesting to take the time to find out how well each of these gentlemen did in college.

Hard to argue with any on the list or those mentioned but a little known kid played at Ross High school in late 90's. Nick Wilson. Still on the top 25 for career rushing yards in Ohio I believe. Kid could flat out play.

Bainum, Montgomery, and Scanlon were wing-T quarterbacks.
where are Spencer Ware, Enye Willingham, and BJ Flowers (the single most impossible to tackle person I've ever encountered)

Ware was a QB as well. Darius Ashley and the Sollmans would be ahead of Willingham if we’re just talking about X RBs

It would be interesting to take the time to find out how well each of these gentlemen did in college.

All of these guys had good to great college careers. Alexander just got better and better as he moved up.

Hall
Snow
Edwards
Alexander
Montgomery

Best I had a chance to see in person were Hall, Alexander, Slater and Miree.

CAPE schedule was not tough! There conference was TRASH! Playoff time they played good teams. He had some good games but nothing like the games in conference! He was still great as his career for the Buckeyes was very good. Had to adjust to the more physical play of the Big 10. Had fumble problems. He did fix it.
Didn't they beat Forest Park Mighty Chargers 34-14 when Forest Park was suppose to win state with Clinton Davis and Carlton Gray

So many great back in SWO thru the years

70's Fransisco Brothers Moeller
Dwayne Crutchfield NCH
80's Jeff Cargile Roger Bacon
Derron & Dwayne Hunter Princeton
Archie Burdine Aiken
Mike Middleton West High
Carlos Snow CAPE
Lee Heath LaSalle
90's. Richard Hall Wyoming
Darius Ashley St. X
Brandon Miree Winton Woods
Bradley Glathaar Elder

2000. Kyle Slater Anderson
Hosea Simpson Winton Woods
DeShaun Wynn Lockland
Darius Ashley was in the 2000s , 2009 to be exact. I would add Larry Bydon Western Hills in the 1990 before Brandon Miree. I would also add Steve Clay and how about Ty Douthard from LaSalle

Didn't they beat Forest Park Mighty Chargers 34-14 when Forest Park was suppose to win state with Clinton Davis and Carlton Gray

That was a regional final. Forest Park was not suppose to win state. The Chargers were running a year ahead of schedule. Vinny Clark did all the damage with a punt return TD and a pick six.

That was a regional final. Forest Park was not suppose to win state. The Chargers were running a year ahead of schedule. Vinny Clark did all the damage with a punt return TD and a pick six.
Carlos Snow didn't have two tds with over 200 yards. Isn't this the game where Cynkar sent the whole team to hit Carlos on kickoff return and left Clinton back which got his collarbone broke?

Carlos Snow didn't have two tds with over 200 yards. Isn't this the game where Cynkar sent the whole team to hit Carlos on kickoff return and left Clinton back which got his collarbone broke?
That was regional finals played at Forest Park home field.

Darius Ashley was in the 2000s , 2009 to be exact. I would add Larry Bydon Western Hills in the 1990 before Brandon Miree. I would also add Steve Clay and how about Ty Douthard from LaSalle

I thought Ashley played more in the mid 2000s? Wasn't he on the first state title team in 2005?

IIRC he went to Louisville to play college ball? Don't know anything about him after that.

Clinton Davis did break his collarbone on a kick off return. The game was physical. Carlos Snow rushed for 130 yards with a 80 yard TD. Forest Park hadnt given up 100 yards to a back all season before that. Carlos Snow was the best ever high school running back in Cincinnati ever.

All of these guys had good to great college careers. Alexander just got better and better as he moved up.

Hall
Snow
Edwards
Alexander
Montgomery

Best I had a chance to see in person were Hall, Alexander, Slater and Miree.
Good stuff son! Thanks!

Shaun Alexander is a cut above anyone else from the Cincinnati area. 1,095 yards as a sophomore, 2,396 yards and 42 TD as a junior, and 3,166 yards and 55 TD as a senior. While it was Kentucky, he still did this in a big school division of football.

Marc Edwards and Bradley Glatthaar are probably next from the players that I saw, both bruising physical runners that achieved decent success in college as well. I never saw Carlos Snow, but winning back-to-back state championships, running for over 2,000 yards a season, and going to Ohio State add up to a pretty impressive resume.

I would rank Richard Hall and Deshawn Wynn lower down than those listed above. Both were at smaller schools and put up good numbers without a lot of team success. They are more notable for going on to be good college players. David Montgomery probably fits into this category as well.

Jason Bainum doesn't even belong in this discussion. There have been 30-40 players who could put up the numbers that he did at Williamsburg.

Other names I will throw out there are several GCL players (GCL, I know, but they have played some darn good football). Darius Ashley, a record setting running back on maybe the greatest team in Cincinnati history. Mark Brooks, feature back on multiple state championship teams who went on to start for Notre Dame. Jeremy Larkin, all time leading Lasalle rusher, again on state champions, who would have had a prolific college career if it hadn't ended prematurely.

They each still have one season to play, but I think we may end up talking about Miyan Williams and Jutahn McClain as two of the greats.

Finally, he didn't play running back in high school, but he is currently a running back in the NFL (and I actually think he has more yards than anybody on here besides Alexander), and that is Spencer Ware. 5-star recruit for a reason.