Benedictine Basketball 2019-2020

MrBeneBengal

Tough schedule once again.

Attachments

• 1D30F9F3-5766-4603-BA10-FECF53ED0D33.jpeg
    1D30F9F3-5766-4603-BA10-FECF53ED0D33.jpeg
    542.7 KB · Views: 40

You all might win 8 games. Benedictine has such a great basketball program 2 of the best players transferred ?

Thoughts on the 2019-2020 basketball team:
* lost 2 starters to graduation (Zeigler and Kilbane) and will need to replace Davin's scoring/assists and Rory's toughness in the paint.
* lost 2 to transferring (Busbee and Barba) and need to replace their scoring.
* Seniors EJ Buckner and Dashun Cobb must step up and become the team leaders.
* Charles Abstan and London Maiden must become forces in the middle.
* Younger players (Detric Hurst, Sam Brown, and Jyles Brandon) must start the maturation process.
* Moving to DI is a disadvantage this year
Overall losing 5 out of your top 7 from last year will hurt in the short term but by the end of the year, once the find their identity, I can see this team begin to gel.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the 2019-2020 basketball team:
* lose 2 starters to graduation (Zeigler and Kilbane) and will need to replace Davin's scoring/assists and Rory's toughness in the paint.
* lost 2 to transferring (Busbee and Barba) and need to replace their scoring.
* Seniors EJ Buckner and Dashun Cobb must step up and become the team leaders.
* Charles Abstain and London Maiden must become forces in the middle.
* Younger players (Detric Hurst, Sam Brown, and Jyles Brandon) must start the maturation process.
* Moving to DI is a disadvantage this year
Overall losing 5 out of your top 7 from last year will hurt in the short term, but by the end of the year, once the find their identity, I can see this team gelling.
Where did Busbee transfer to?

Is there a reason for the transfers at Benny ? The team plays in a elite conference and plays a tough out of conference schedule - so why leave.

Is there a reason for the transfers at Benny ? The team plays in a elite conference and plays a tough out of conference schedule - so why leave.
It’s hard to become a state championship caliber team when kids keep leaving. The team we could have put on the court this season could have been really good.
Andrews Osbourne / SPIRE do not help either.

Any insight on the varsity team will be much appreciated. Are the two freshman studs playing varsity ? Any transfers ( coming in )? Who is the player Bugg?

I am excited to see this team play. To me Cobb & Buckner could be one of the best back courts in the area! Both have natural PG abilities, Cobb great ability to drive & finish, Buckner ability to drive, finish, and hit from outside. Word is 6'8" Maiden has been a beast on the inside during scrimmages. The Hurst player is a sturdy, smart, tough player that was a standout as a Frosh on JV last year. The final player to watch is Charles Abstian-long, fast, solid defender, that has developed an offensive game.

Interesting next game, Fairview had a great season LY and is looking to step up their schedule; played CCC recently with Benny up next. Nonetheless this Bengal team is one to keep an eye on as this season progresses.

Benny takes a half off and pays the price against a good Fairview side. A young VASJ side is up next.

Frustrating game to watch against Fairview Park. Once again , Bene has no shooters. And the depth of this team is a big concern.

Is the VASJ vs. Benedictine game at VASJ tonight? This was an awfully contentious match up last year as several altercations over the once patched uniforms sparked a few shouting and shoving matches. Hopefully this game goes off without an incident and some good basketball is had by everyone. I saw VASJ fall to Gilmour the other night in a game that they were seemingly outplayed. Hopefully the home crowd, the introduction video, and the Thursday night game will have VASJ more prepared tonight. Should be a good one.

Tr
Is the VASJ vs. Benedictine game at VASJ tonight? This was an awfully contentious match up last year as several altercations over the once patched uniforms sparked a few shouting and shoving matches. Hopefully this game goes off without an incident and some good basketball is had by everyone. I saw VASJ fall to Gilmour the other night in a game that they were seemingly outplayed. Hopefully the home crowd, the introduction video, and the Thursday night game will have VASJ more prepared tonight. Should be a good one.
Triple header at VASJ.

Final

Rhodes 94

Benedictine 75

Jashun Cobb led the Bengals with 25

Eric Buckner had 20

Bengals are back on the road Friday at St. Edward

Typical young team, you never know what you are going to get game to game. I could see them being on the wrong side of many more blowouts as well as an upset of someone that should beat Benny.