Benedictine 2020

Looks like Euclid fills the week 10 slot, can anyone here confirm?

If this is the case I would also think that home games next year would be at their place. Nice stadium with great sight lines and from I understand a nice savings to the Benny Athletic Department. I hope it works out in the long run.
2678.jpg
If this was already mentioned I apologize but anyone know what Euclid holds? That links like a really nice stadium.

If this was already mentioned I apologize but anyone know what Euclid holds? That links like a really nice stadium.

According the Texas Bob's web site the capacity is 6,500: http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=2678

There was a lot of discussion on this site that Euclid built this thing looking to get some outside organizations to use it and pay fees including the OHSAA for football playoffs. Like Fr. Willie said location is good in that it is right off of I-90 and not to far from the I-271 spur, the only issue is it is not very centrally located. From what I understand a similar vibe as the Pit that Elder uses as a home stadium.

Last edited:
Guys, I’m telling you VASJ used Sparky all last season. Sparky still has plenty of seating in home side for crowds from both schools. Renting out facility for playoffs is one thing but doing it all season to a school that recruits from your district is another. Also Rotsky has no love for Benedictine and yes he does have a say. Benedictine is likely to be in Sparky.

Guys, I’m telling you VASJ used Sparky all last season. Sparky still has plenty of seating in home side for crowds from both schools. Renting out facility for playoffs is one thing but doing it all season to a school that recruits from your district is another. Also Rotsky has no love for Benedictine and yes he does have a say. Benedictine is likely to be in Sparky.
We know VASJ used sparky. But we’re not VASJ and we wouldn’t be going to Euclid if we were playing at the small field.

Give it a rest already. WE ARE NOT PLAYING AT SPARKY.
Rotsky is a real stand up guy ?

We know VASJ used sparky. But we’re not VASJ and we wouldn’t be going to Euclid if we were playing at the small field.
You’re playing at Euclid because you didn’t want to pay the rent at Bedford. You’re using Euclid many other local publics said no or charged high rent that you didn’t want to pay. You’re using Sparky because the price is right and you’ll be playing some Saturday afternoon games. You’ll see.....

You’re playing at Euclid because you didn’t want to pay the rent at Bedford. You’re using Euclid many other local publics said no or charged high rent that you didn’t want to pay. You’re using Sparky because the price is right and you’ll be playing some Saturday afternoon games. You’ll see.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why are you so worried about it ?

Why are you so worried about it ?
You’re right, why am I? Truth be told I’m all in favor of buying up houses and land near the campus and expanding the facilities. I would love to see an on campus stadium and don’t understand why this wasn’t planned years ago with the practice field being built. I still think it’s possible but likely with lights added and stands only on one side.

Alot of talk about our POSSIBLE move to Euclid. Nothing is official as of Wednesday on that move. Someone jumped the gun on our website ( it wasn't anyone in the AD office)

You know NOTHING GENIUS. NO public schools "turned us down" and weren't too high priced. We looked for a variety of things . We may play on Saturday but not afternoons if at all possible.

eaglefights new avatar>
gI_81825_Sparky-Icon_itunes_FINAL.png

Some thoughts>

2 away from being in Div III, oh well just keep on keeping on with the hand delt.

Same basic names as 2019 in Region 6, SWC + Suburban League West. I have to think that Avon and Avon Lake are the favorites followed by Benny and Brecksville. If Brecksville has any kind of line play that will be tough as their QB is arguably the best in the state.

Some other schools of note>
Padua drops to Div III
CCC moves back up to Div III
Glenville moves down to IV
Lake Catholic stays at IV

Some thoughts>

2 away from being in Div III, oh well just keep on keeping on with the hand delt.

Same basic names as 2019 in Region 6, SWC + Suburban League West. I have to think that Avon and Avon Lake are the favorites followed by Benny and Brecksville. If Brecksville has any kind of line play that will be tough as their QB is arguably the best in the state.

Some other schools of note>
Padua drops to Div III
CCC moves back up to Div III
Glenville moves down to IV
Lake Catholic stays at IV
Wow ?

I understand that Benedictine football is not on par with Avon, Avon Lake, Falls and others in D2 but I would think they would welcome the challenge of fighting division 2 powers.

I understand that Benedictine football is not on par with Avon, Avon Lake, Falls and others in D2 but I would think they would welcome the challenge of fighting division 2 powers.

Talent wise Benny is on par with anyone in their Region, the issue that has come up is depth. Not only does Benny have players going both ways but they don't have the solid 2 deep to step in when injuries hit like Avon did LY. This is what happens when a school with 261 boys goes up against a school with 528, Avon is double the size of Benedictine. I get the competitive balance thing but double the size is getting a little crazy, similar to the argument in Division I before they went to a smaller field to eliminate the large enrollment variance between the top schools and bottom schools in the Division. Benny has only won 1 title in Div II and that year they only had 1 player going both ways, how many went both ways LY? How many are planned to go both ways in 2020?

Talent wise Benny is on par with anyone in their Region, the issue that has come up is depth. Not only does Benny have players going both ways but they don't have the solid 2 deep to step in when injuries hit like Avon did LY. This is what happens when a school with 261 boys goes up against a school with 528, Avon is double the size of Benedictine. I get the competitive balance thing but double the size is getting a little crazy, similar to the argument in Division I before they went to a smaller field to eliminate the large enrollment variance between the top schools and bottom schools in the Division. Benny has only won 1 title in Div II and that year they only had 1 player going both ways, how many went both ways LY? How many are planned to go both ways in 2020?
Get your players from your feeder schools instead of public schools and you’ll be D3

Benedictine again will be one of the favorites in R6. The skill positions are solid. They need to develop more strength on the lines to go along with the skill players and they will challenge anyone.

Benedictine again will be one of the favorites in R6. The skill positions are solid. They need to develop more strength on the lines to go along with the skill players and they will challenge anyone.

Their line play was actually solid but a key couple injuries really impacted their production in the playoffs, especially against a strong Avon unit.

By the way it is actually a good sign that Benny has a high competitive balance adjustment figure, that means they are drawing students from a wide variety of schools and there is interest beyond the traditional feeders that some view as the only way to supply students to a school. You don't see Orange throwing back their football players that went to Catholic school through 8th grade, why should Benny? The 13th amendment passed in 1865, nobody "owns" anyone in this country except NCAA athletes :) When you don't have a steady stream of tax payer $s you need paying customers to stay a float and the Admin could care less as to where they come from even if it means moving up Divisions in sports.