Benedictine 2020

Who cares what he thinks. Not up to him.

Like your opinion matters either (I prefer Mayfield).
Also, if you notice, Jake said we, not I. That implies the athletic department of which he is part of prefers Euclid.
Jake comes on here and answers as many questions as he can, he's in the know.
Thanks Jake for all that you do.

Thank you for your response Fr. Willie. While I understand that you would prefer Euclid, I have to wonder what would Jeff Rotsky's thoughts be on Benedictine playing on his home turf?
Mr Rotsky is neither the AD or Business Manager who is in charge of the Euclid Panther Football Stadium. The field is owned by the Euclid Board of Education and the people of Euclid not Jeff Rotsky.

Like your opinion matters either (I prefer Mayfield).
Also, if you notice, Jake said we, not I. That implies the athletic department of which he is part of prefers Euclid.
Jake comes on here and answers as many questions as he can, he's in the know.
Thanks Jake for all that you do.
I WAS SAYING WHO CARES WHAT ROTSKY THINKS. Nothing directed at Fr Willie ( Jake ). What’s so special about your opinion?

Last edited:
If Benedictine was ever going to consider Independence, they would be smarter to travel 4 miles down I-77 and try to get Brecksville Stadium.

I read on our thread that we are averaging less than 1,000 fans per contest. That facility would fits us Well. Blue Track is a great accent too. Would be great to play in a packed setting. Maybe the Ed's Game is played at Bedford, to accommodate a larger crowd? Rest at Independence?

I read on our thread that we are averaging less than 1,000 fans per contest. That facility would fits us Well. Blue Track is a great accent too. Would be great to play in a packed setting. Maybe the Ed's Game is played at Bedford, to accommodate a larger crowd? Rest at Independence?
Based on my experience at independence.
1) The stands would still be too small. If we’re D3 we should be one of the favorites to win it all. I would think that more fans would show up for a state title contender then in the recent years. Plus if we host a teams like Shaker I don’t think there would be enough room in the whole stadium for their marching band.
2) I dont know if the facilities are up to what we need. I don’t know anything about the locker rooms but I think they are in the school so they should be fine (size might be an issue though). The press box is what worries me. Our coaches only would fill up the whole press box let alone other teams.

At the end of the day I think Independence is a little rinky-dink for the type of program we want to view ourself.
In my opinion (which I know doesn’t really matter) Euclid or going back to Bedford would be the best fit.

Based on my experience at independence.
1) The stands would still be too small. If we’re D3 we should be one of the favorites to win it all. I would think that more fans would show up for a state title contender then in the recent years. Plus if we host a teams like Shaker I don’t think there would be enough room in the whole stadium for their marching band.
2) I dont know if the facilities are up to what we need. I don’t know anything about the locker rooms but I think they are in the school so they should be fine (size might be an issue though). The press box is what worries me. Our coaches only would fill up the whole press box let alone other teams.

At the end of the day I think Independence is a little rinky-dink for the type of program we want to view ourself.
In my opinion (which I know doesn’t really matter) Euclid or going back to Bedford would be the best fit.
Agree.

Mr Rotsky is neither the AD or Business Manager who is in charge of the Euclid Panther Football Stadium. The field is owned by the Euclid Board of Education and the people of Euclid not Jeff Rotsky.
Understood Fr Willie ... But I would believe that the Coach probably does have the ear of both the AD and the Business Manager. One question, isn't that also VASJ's home field as well?

Understood Fr Willie ... But I would believe that the Coach probably does have the ear of both the AD and the Business Manager. One question, isn't that also VASJ's home field as well?
The business manager is in charge of renting out the field. VASJ played at Sparky Dibiassio Field not the new one. They are not playing there this year.

The business manager is in charge of renting out the field. VASJ played at Sparky Dibiassio Field not the new one. They are not playing there this year.
Indy has little or no chance. Locker rooms are sufficient, press box is way to small and stands are kind of rickety and small. Also price is too high.

08/28 A Shaker Heights
09/04 H Toledo Central Catholic
09/12 A Cleveland Central Catholic
09/18 A Massillon Washington
09/25 H Austintown Fitch
10/02 H Lakewood St. Edward
10/09 A Akron Archbishop Hoban
10/16 H Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
10/23 A Mentor Lake Catholic
10/30 N Unknown Opponent ()

I think the Benedictine offense can be just as good as any other offense out there . My only concern is , can the defense improve ? Especially stopping the run.

08/28 A Shaker Heights
09/25 H Austintown Fitch

This is what you get when a conference dissolves and your considered a good program, Padua & Walsh couldn't wait to distance themselves from Benny. It's nice that Lake & NDCL stayed on but this might just be a 1 year type thing until they can schedule easier opponents later in the season. Wish that Erie Prep could have stayed on the schedule instead of Massillon, at least the Tigers will be a good pay day. Also on the positive is they will save $s not needing a coach bus to travel all over the state but that will probably change in future years. Really hope they find an opponent for the final game of the year, there are some other open teams but not sure they are good fit or if they even want to play the Bengals.

This is what you get when a conference dissolves and your considered a good program, Padua & Walsh couldn't wait to distance themselves from Benny. It's nice that Lake & NDCL stayed on but this might just be a 1 year type thing until they can schedule easier opponents later in the season. Wish that Erie Prep could have stayed on the schedule instead of Massillon, at least the Tigers will be a good pay day. Also on the positive is they will save $s not needing a coach bus to travel all over the state but that will probably change in future years. Really hope they find an opponent for the final game of the year, there are some other open teams but not sure they are good fit or if they even want to play the Bengals.
If you know of open teams for 10 let us know. Harding will not play us.

If you know of open teams for 10 let us know. Harding will not play us.

A lot of confusion on what is going on with Warrensville Hts., Garfield Hts., and US. Who is playing who from this group? I know that US would not touch Benny but those 2 inner ring suburbs might be willing to get a game together. It also appears that Euclid is looking for a game unless that is bad intel. Also, any teams from Canada looking for games? What about other Catholics from NY, PA, or MI?

From what I've gathered Warrensville Heights and Garfield Heights are playing a Lake Erie League game Week 10. To add to the confusion, I think some of the confusion is with the wording "US." Is it they're playing "us" or is it they're playing "University School."

08/28 A Shaker Heights
09/25 H Austintown Fitch
Wow

From what I've gathered Warrensville Heights and Garfield Heights are playing a Lake Erie League game Week 10. To add to the confusion, I think some of the confusion is with the wording "US." Is it they're playing "us" or is it they're playing "University School."

Sorry, US = University School in Gates Mills. The school with the wacky coach football ;)

By the way on the home stadium topic... A great place to consider would be John Carroll. The perfect size, location, and even though the Jesuits (are they even Catholic?) run that school it would be great PR for the College to have Catholic schools playing football games there. The issue I see though is UH has some restrictions on Friday even activities @ Shula Stadium so as to not upset the Orthodox Jews who would be walking around the area for Friday Shabbat services.

John-Carroll-Uni.jpg

Also maybe its time to consider having Saturday afternoon games at Bossu Field. I'm not talking a potential St. Ed's or Hoban type game that brings in a decent road contingent but the Cleveland Central Catholics or Senate type opponent. Put up another couple sections of stands and let the balance stand around the field. Would save some $s.

US = University School