Benedictine 2020

Expectation.jpg

Well I don’t want to hear another catholic school complain about how difficult it is to field full schedule without having to travel far. When you won’t even schedule each other, you lose the ability to complain.

Well I don’t want to hear another catholic school complain about how difficult it is to field full schedule without having to travel far. When you won’t even schedule each other, you lose the ability to complain.

Benny is a lot smaller than Iggy and decided underdog but fair point, I guess. There have been years past they could definitely compete.

Benny should automatically play Ed’s, Iggy, Hoban, Lake Catholic, Walsh, NDCL, Holy Name, Padua, Mooney and Ursuline every year. I do get that Holy Name and NDCL may not want to play them but this seems like such a natural schedule for them.

Benny should automatically play Ed’s, Iggy, Hoban, Lake Catholic, Walsh, NDCL, Holy Name, Padua, Mooney and Ursuline every year. I do get that Holy Name and NDCL may not want to play them but this seems like such a natural schedule for them.
LOL

With the changes to competitive balance Benedictine will likely be division 3 next year. Iggy and Ed’s should both be good. I figured Padua and Holy Name would likely not play you as I’m guessing NDCL won’t either. I know both Youngstown Catholics will, I know Hoban will. Lake Catholic will not back down. I’d guess SVSM would play Benny;Walsh likely would as well. So there are six annual games from semi local schools that are natural games. Im guessing Benny will need to play a Columbus Catholic for a game and then pick up three public schools for weeks 1-3. Playing Clev Central Catholic is not good for either school at this point. I’d try and get Bedford, Shaker, Clev Hts or Garfield for the other three games.

Last edited:
Outside of Hoban I would expect most former NCL Blue schools avoid Benny like the plague. Most are located out in 'Burbs and their football numbers are shrinking at an alarming rate, they want nothing to do playing the Bengals. To fill out the schedule they will either have to play catholic schools 3-5 times their size, the above inner ring suburbs that have an open mind to scheduling privates, or cut a deal with a coach bus company and travel far and wide to play teams that have trouble scheduling too like Columbus DeSales, Erie Cathedral Prep, Massillon, WGH, etc...

Hard to blame them, Benny has been beating all of the since joining NCL. Also Benny does use a different model to attract students including a strong reliance on state vouchers.

Rumored 2020 Bene Football Opponents
St Ed's, Massillon, Fitch, Prep, Cleveland Heights, Shaker, NDCL, Lake Catholic, CCC, Columbus DeSales

Rumored 2020 Bene Football Opponents
St Ed's, Massillon, Fitch, Prep, Cleveland Heights, Shaker, NDCL, Lake Catholic, CCC, Columbus DeSales

Know what week the Eds match-up would be? Looking forward to this happening and the two teams playing. Eds going through a big roster change, graduated a ton of production from this last year. Know Bene has a lot of talent back, so should be a fun one.