Benedictine 2020

Ok. Here is the update for weeks 1-3. At Strongsville Week 1. At St V/ St M Week 2 Home vs Hoban Week 3. We play 3 of the Top 5 football teams regardless of Class in the State of Ohio. The last 4 games are a gauntlet, Hoban , Massillon, Fitch and St Eds

A couple follow up questions>

Are home games still at Euclid Community Stadium?

In all likely hood outside of family there will be no additional fans allowed in the stands, is a streaming option to watch games being formulated?

Schedule with dates and times ...

Attachments

• 0159A274-04C5-42D1-87F3-736EC0D42652.jpeg
    0159A274-04C5-42D1-87F3-736EC0D42652.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 17
Ok. Here is the update for weeks 1-3. At Strongsville Week 1. At St V/ St M Week 2 Home vs Hoban Week 3. We play 3 of the Top 5 football teams regardless of Class in the State of Ohio. The last 4 games are a gauntlet, Hoban , Massillon, Fitch and St Eds
Fitch is awful but those other three...yikes

Confirmed.... Strongsville shutdown with a positive Covid Test. We are looking for a team for week one. We will find one.
Should see if Hoban wants to move the week 3 matchup to week 1, would leave both teams more time to look for a week 3 game. I would guess they'd be very interested, nobody wants to sit and have to watch everybody else play week 1.

Last edited:
Fitch is awful but those other three...yikes
Tough teams, no doubt . But I am confident
Should see if Hoban wants to move the week 3 matchup to week 1, would leave both teams more time to look for a week 3 game. I would guess they' be very interested, nobody wants to sit and have to watch everybody else play week 1.
latest rumor is , Hoban week 1, St V week 2 , and St Ignatius May be in play for week 3

With the shortened regular season I wonder if the teams putting together meat grinder schedules are going to regret it or be rewarded for it. On one hand if you do well and get a top seed you get more home playoff games but if your team gets decimated by injuries before you even get there it won’t matter. ??‍♂️

With the shortened regular season I wonder if the teams putting together meat grinder schedules are going to regret it or be rewarded for it. On one hand if you do well and get a top seed you get more home playoff games but if your team gets decimated by injuries before you even get there it won’t matter. ??‍♂️
Some Coaches said they are looking at the first 3 games as scrimmages and will be trying different things and checking out different players .

Don’t buy that - looking at first three games as scrimmages. Coaches want to win games and there is pressure at most schools to get wins. No doubt coaches will maybe play a few more players to find the right combo but certainly not at the expense of losing games.

Should see if Hoban wants to move the week 3 matchup to week 1, would leave both teams more time to look for a week 3 game. I would guess they'd be very interested, nobody wants to sit and have to watch everybody else play week 1.
St V will play week one if we can't find one. This will give us a few more days to find week two.

Heard St. V / Hoban was moved to week 1... don't know location
Whether that's real or not, I wouldn't think they would use Infocision this year, whatever week it is. UA might not even want them on campus. Since Hoban is the home team this year, I'd think they'd just play it at Dowd.

Don’t buy that - looking at first three games as scrimmages. Coaches want to win games and there is pressure at most schools to get wins. No doubt coaches will maybe play a few more players to find the right combo but certainly not at the expense of losing games.
Heard St. V / Hoban was moved to week 1... don't know location
Not true. Hoban is playing a team from Columbus Week 1

New Herald
Top of the Crop
Football
1: Mentor
2: Euclid
3: Kirtland
4: Chardon
5: Benedictine
6: Riverside
7: Mayfield
8: Perry
9: North
10: Lake Catholic

Benedictine's talent is undeniable. QB Ron Schultz, WR Chris Gales, and a big, physical offensive line. But holy smokes is that schedule a nightmare. Akron Hoban, Massillon, St. Edward?. Yikes. ...

There are reports over on the SVSM thread that they found a game with a Bishop Sycamore for week 1.