Benedictine 2019

That's ok, just Jake is good enough. BTW. Scrimmage info. 8/13 Cleve.Heights at 5pm. 8/16 Strongsville at 5pm and 8/22 St V at 6pm Jamboree.

Benedictine Freshman football team only has 25 kids. Bad sign for the future.

While a low number for Benny this is par for the course in the NCL and I am guessing only Hoban has a larger number of Freshmen playing this year. Football is a dying sport and the numbers will continue to decline as more parents don't allow their kids to play because of health reasons or chasing scholies in other sports and therefore have them playing year round club sports.

While a low number for Benny this is par for the course in the NCL and I am guessing only Hoban has a larger number of Freshmen playing this year. Football is a dying sport and the numbers will continue to decline as more parents don't allow their kids to play because of health reasons or chasing scholies in other sports and therefore have them playing year round club sports.
Freshmen team closer to 30....what stands out is the quality of kids. First thing you notice is their size. Havent seen a group that has collective size of his group in a while. Also, appears they have 1 of the best RB's in the area. Young man has all the tools to be a star. Lastly, got to see them observe a varsity practice. They stood their with maturity and calmness...it appears they have ability to control their behavior and not disrupt others around them. Looks like quality over quanity. With that said high 20's is a great # considering the landscape....many schools will not even field a Frosh team..

Freshmen team closer to 30....what stands out is the quality of kids. First thing you notice is their size. Havent seen a group that has collective size of his group in a while. Also, appears they have 1 of the best RB's in the area. Young man has all the tools to be a star. Lastly, got to see them observe a varsity practice. They stood their with maturity and calmness...it appears they have ability to control their behavior and not disrupt others around them. Looks like quality over quanity. With that said high 20's is a great # considering the landscape....many schools will not even field a Frosh team..
Hope you’re right .

Who are the freshman coaches this year?

Who knows, you cannot find any info on the athletic web site. In 2019 you would think that the Benny athletic site would be a little better but of course it is one of the worst in NEO. Give some student credit to run the thing and keep info up to date, it is embarrassing how poor the site is and is a bad reflection on the athletic program.

Who knows, you cannot find any info on the athletic web site. In 2019 you would think that the Benny athletic site would be a little better but of course it is one of the worst in NEO. Give some student credit to run the thing and keep info up to date, it is embarrassing how poor the site is and is a bad reflection on the athletic program.

Auggie, I would have to agree with you on that point. As of this morning, the athletic website still lists Carte Welo head coach.
Also, school is very slow in announcing hirings. The new AD was hired over a week ago and all the school does is throw his picture up on the faculty page of the school's website. No formal announcement, no bio, nothing.

You guys are funny .We haven't seen or heard from Frank in 20 years. I wish he could come around , I miss him and think every #MOB should be welcomed back here.

Freshman football only dressed 22 players tonight at Cleveland Heights. They do not look good.
Sorry to say this Frank but I think age has crept up on you. The eyes are going and going fast. There were 26 freshmen there 22 dressed and 4 injured. The full team has only practiced since August 1st so they made a lot of mistakes. There are quite a few very good athletes on this team and Coach Goode is happy with there progress so far this camp.

What people forget is:
That you have 26 freshman, who went to 20-24 different grade schools.
They have been practicing together for less than 2 weeks.
It takes time to build teamwork.

So far in scrimmages Bengals have outplayed Euclid and Cleveland Heights....with more work to be done, progress continues. Defense was stingy, lots of helmets to the ball. WR’s were dominant, Rosser men amongst boys. Run game will continue to improve as playbook opens up. RB Edwards showed good patience & found a seam in 1st & 10 segment leading to 40 yd TD. QB Schultz made great step up in pocket to hit Gales on another 40 yd throw & catch...2 series with the 1’s led to 2 TD’s, very efficient. Credit to Heights good defense interior line...held up several run plays. Good overall scrimmage.

Coach Novak would be proud! #welcomebackFrankie