Benedictine 2019

Today TE Mike Roberts was been traded from the Detroit Lions to the New England Patriots.
Bengal fans, this year, we will to see Mike, Jerome and Justin (twice) play against the Browns. Adds some more excitement to a already promising season for the Browns.

This could pan out well for mike. unfortunately it looked like the lions were ready to move on when the drafted multiple TEs. he should get at chance to establish himself early with Ben Watson being suspended to start the year.

Update: mike was waived after trade fell through

Last edited:
2019 Schedule with scrimmages added:

BOYS VARSITY FOOTBALL · JUN 24
Varsity Football Schedule

Scrimmages>
8/13/2019 TBA Cleveland Hts./Buchtel AWAY

8/16/2019 TBA Strongsville AWAY

8/22/2019 TBA St. Vincent-Mary AWAY

Regular Season>
8/30/2019 7:00 PM Youngstown Ursuline AWAY

9/6/2019 7:00 PM Shaker Hts. HOME

9/14/2019 7:00 PM Cleve. Central Catholic HOME

9/20/2019 7:00 PM Erie Cathedral Prep AWAY

9/27/2019 7:00 PM Austintown Fitch AWAY

10/5/2019 1:00 PM Hoban HOME

10/11/2019 7:00 PM NDCL AWAY

10/18/2019 7:00 PM Lake Catholic HOME

10/26/2019 7:00 PM Padua HOME

11/1/2019 7:00 PM Walsh AWAY

It appears that Marty Hyland is no longer the A.D. at Benedictine. The job has been posted on the Benedictine website. I hope Marty is staying at the school. Great Guy. I hope my gut feeling is correct in that he wanted to move back into the classroom to teach and resume coaching.

It appears that Marty Hyland is no longer the A.D. at Benedictine. The job has been posted on the Benedictine website. I hope Marty is staying at the school. Great Guy. I hope my gut feeling is correct in that he wanted to move back into the classroom to teach and resume coaching.

The AD gig these days is a thankless young man's job, not sure what is going on but they should hire someone with energy that can deal with the politics of the High School sports as well as the new reality of helicopter parents.

The AD gig these days is a thankless young man's job, not sure what is going on but they should hire someone with energy that can deal with the politics of the High School sports as well as the new reality of helicopter parents.

Well said...definitely a young mans game. Benny would be great stepping stone based on all boys (less sports), students committed to athletics, & supportive faculty. Candidate should have great communication skills, ability to leverage technology (website, social media, group communication) & courage to hold others accountable (thick skin needed). Based on new leadership, would be wise to look within alumni directory! Not sure this is highest priority based on needing to backfill several classroom spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been hearing positive things about the Bengals so far. Was told the only thing that may hurt them this season is their youth. Hopefully we grow as we move through the season.

Hearing that Carter Wehlo has landed at Hoban as an assistant.

No smoke as far as I have heard on the AD or Lax gigs...

In recent history, I know not of a single person who has done more for the Bengals athletic program or bleeds columbia blue and white more than Jake. He is a fine man and personifies the term "Man of Benedictine".
Fr. Willie, thank you for all that you do.

In recent history, I know not of a single person who has done more for the Bengals athletic program or bleeds columbia blue and white more than Jake. He is a fine man and personifies the term "Man of Benedictine".
Fr. Willie, thank you for all that you do.
Nothing was a slander to Fr. Willie. All I spoke was the truth. He does a great deal agreed but AD is more than a game manager.

Observations over the last dozen years:
* Don't worry on what you hear on August 1st, wait until the count comes out the first day of school.
* Benedictine will lose approximately 10% of any given incoming freshman class over the first year.
* Benedictine will graduate approximately 75% of any given incoming freshman class.