Benedictine 2019

My son played AAU with Rich Paul in High School. He was a good kid. Loved to shoot. In fact I do not believe I ever saw him pass the ball.

My son played AAU with Rich Paul in High School. He was a good kid. Loved to shoot. In fact I do not believe I ever saw him pass the ball.

I thought passing was illegal in AAU;) makes sense he’s a shooter, did the same thing in life and hit a few big shoots! Great Cleveland success story. Would be great if shared a nibble with his alma mater! Could impact a lot of young men’s lives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pec pursued baseball out of high school that's why.
also relating to baseball they got the #1 seed in the district and took down mentor the #1 team in the news herald rankings today, they are playing extremely well right now.

Congrats to the Bengal Baseball Team, on a nice season. Regional Runner Up's and District Champs.

This was a very nice senior class.
* A senior laden baseball team that advanced to the elite 8.
* Senior Derek Berdysz (Mr. Benedictine finalist) wrestled his way to state tournament and was one win away from placing. Derek finished his career with 122 victories, one shy of the Benedictine record of 123.
* Senior co-captains Rory Kilbane (Mr. Benedictine finalist) and Davin Zeigler were the "heart and soul" of the basketball team that made the sweet 16.
* Senior and 3 year starter at QB Nick Demchuck led the football team, that fell one game short of making the playoff.
* Senior Billy Boehlke (football and baseball) threw a no hitter against Padua, was named Mr. Benedictine, and was granted an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
To top it all off, the majority of these boys graduated Cum Laude or higher.
Congratulations Benedictine Class of 2019 on you achievements.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Bengal Baseball Team, on a nice season. Regional Runner Up's and District Champs.

Nice season but like basketball the baseball team had legit final four aspirations and fell short, what was really disappointing is that baseball fell to Gilmour. Oh well.

This was a nice senior class.
* Senior Derek Berdysz wrestled his way to state tournament and was one win away from placing.
* Senior co-captains Rory Kilbane and Davin Zeigler were the "heart and soul" of the basketball team that made the sweet 16.
* Senior and 3 year starter at QB Nick Demchuck, led the football team that fell one game short of making the playoff.
* Senior Billy Boehlke (football and baseball) threw a no hitter against Padua, was named Mr. Benedictine, and was granted an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
To top it off, the majority of these boys graduated, Cum Laude or higher.

Spot on!!! Having the chance to get to know many from this class in addition to the above-this group are great young men! They left there mark in the hallways & leading underclassmen! They will be missed!

This was a nice senior class.
* Senior Derek Berdysz wrestled his way to state tournament and was one win away from placing.
* Senior co-captains Rory Kilbane and Davin Zeigler were the "heart and soul" of the basketball team that made the sweet 16.
* Senior and 3 year starter at QB Nick Demchuck, led the football team that fell one game short of making the playoff.
To top it off, the majority of these boys graduated, Cum Laude or higher.

Congrats Bengal Wrestling! Good luck to your son at the next level.

Benny stays in Div II for 2019.

While Hoban is a huge barrier to a state title the Region will probably not be that strong top to bottom so there should be an opportunity to make the playoffs if Coach Goode gets things back on track.

Benny stays in Div II for 2019.

While Hoban is a huge barrier to a state title the Region will probably not be that strong top to bottom so there should be an opportunity to make the playoffs if Coach Goode gets things back on track.
Austintown Fitch will make for an interesting addition to the region, they become one of the largest adjusted enrollments in D2.

Austintown Fitch will make for an interesting addition to the region, they become one of the largest adjusted enrollments in D2.

And they play Benny in the regular season.

A lot of movement into Div II from NEO this year. The following new NEO schools will be added to Div II: Alliance, Austintown Fitch, John Marshall, Padua, Akron North, & Rhodes. All that was lost from last year in NEO was Copley moved down to III. I would suspect that Stark & Summit Counties will be merged with the Steel Valley schools then Cuyahoga County will be shipped out west w/ the Toledo area when Regions are assigned.

And they play Benny in the regular season.

A lot of movement into Div II from NEO this year. The following new NEO schools will be added to Div II: Alliance, Austintown Fitch, John Marshall, Padua, Akron North, & Rhodes. All that was lost from last year in NEO was Copley moved down to III. I would suspect that Stark & Summit Counties will be merged with the Steel Valley schools then Cuyahoga County will be shipped out west w/ the Toledo area when Regions are assigned.
Shouldn't be difficult. I would think Fitch and North end up in region 5, Alliance in region 7, with Padua, Marshall and Rhodes going to region 6, like you said. I guess they could be flexible with Padua if they needed to be.

aae91b62bd9e51a67d9fec15346fab9a.jpg

We're not allowed to talk about playoffs until Bearcat Bengal says it's ok because he was on a good team once upon a time. Can someone please find him at the end of the Cincinnati bench and ask him for permission for us to talk about playoffs?

This is definitely an interesting development- Avon teams will always be tough, Brecksville & N Royalton have returning D1 QB’s. Green, Amherst, Highland—could all be in the mix. Anyone have info on this grouping. None of the above have the collective athleticism as the group coming back....should be make it interesting. One game at a time!

Hoban will have a tougher road with Hoover (Ton of talent returning), Boardman, & both Massillon teams in the region.

We're not allowed to talk about playoffs until Bearcat Bengal says it's ok because he was on a good team once upon a time. Can someone please find him at the end of the Cincinnati bench and ask him for permission for us to talk about playoffs?

you want to start taking personal shots at me instead of talking football feel free to stop hiding behind a username and come talk to me at a game like an adult

Today TE Mike Roberts was been traded from the Detroit Lions to the New England Patriots.
Bengal fans, this year, we will to see Mike, Jerome and Justin (twice) play against the Browns. Adds some more excitement to a already promising season for the Browns.