Bellevue WA v. Euless Trinity TX

sa68ag

The two teams play tonight. Should be an interesting match-up. Bellevue is generally considered the favorite and has a history of beating out of state powerhouses who travel to play them. Trinity will be big as usual but there are questions at the skill positions. When Bellevue played Katy a couple of years ago, Katy's size and speed wore them down. Will the wing T baffle the Texans or will the Texans' size overpower the quicker kids from Bellevue?

Bellevue wins a thriller 31-24 in OT. It will be interesting to see how their respective seasons play out.

Is there any?

sorry woody there was a video broadcast on the internet. Both teams looked solid.. seemed like Bellevue made less mistakes and executed better. Trinity had some good size but nothing that stood out a lot.. the Washington broadcasters were amazed that the Trinity O-line averaged 250 lol.. at Moeller that's a smallish O-line. Bellevue did have a few studs though and they seemed to be very well conditioned.

sorry woody there was a video broadcast on the internet. Both teams looked solid.. seemed like Bellevue made less mistakes and executed better. Trinity had some good size but nothing that stood out a lot.. the Washington broadcasters were amazed that the Trinity O-line averaged 250 lol.. at Moeller that's a smallish O-line. Bellevue did have a few studs though and they seemed to be very well conditioned.

broadcasters were from TX

I Watched It

Typical Trinity game. They just look butt-ugly bad but always win or put themselves in a postion to win. Overall a nice game to watch. The announcers on the stream were from Washington and some pretty good guys that did a good job doing the game.

Dang, I would have gone to this game if I'd known. Found out too late the game was on Thursday. I went to high school in Bellevue, Wa. when we moved from Centerville, Ohio. I went to Interlake HS, and Bellevue HS was a rival of ours. Big football games between our schools back in the late 60s, early 70s when I went there. Beat Bellevue twice and tied once (14-14). No overtime back then. No state playoffs either. I believe in that tie game, Bellevue was #2 in the state, and Interlake was #3. We had All-American halfback Ray Williams. And at QB, Larry Andersen, who pitched in two World Series for the Phillies. He's now a radio broadcaster for the Phillies. It's great to see that Bellevue HS has risen to such prominence on the national level. They wipe out Interlake in football now. But Interlake makes up for it scholastically now, being rated the top high school in Washington, and #13 nationally (Newsweek Magazine).

I'd say Bellevue wins there state title this year with Trinity losing in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Texas playoffs.

Bellevue HS is Div 3A in Washington. They might win state in their division, and they are the defending 3A state champs (went undefeated last season). But Div 4A Skyline HS (Samammish, Wa) could be better than Bellevue. Ha, funny they aren't on each others schedule this season, being that the two schools are from the same conference.

Thanks for the info!

When I played football in high school (back in the leather helmet days), Steubenville Catholic Central was part of the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference (OVAC) which entailed a lot of schools in a lot of different sizes (A, AA, AAA) but they were still part of the same conference.

Think about the GCL. Technically, the league is made up of three separate groups (North, Central, and South), but all of the teams are considered to be from the GCL. If you look up the league web site, it lists all 12 teams.

Friday October 5, my old high school (Interlake) plays at home against Bellevue. If it isn't raining, I may make the 55 mile drive there to see the game. I just moved back to the Seattle area about 2 years ago. It would be the first time I'll have seen a football game at Interlake in over 40 years. Yes, Bellevue will crush Interlake. But it wasn't that way when I was in high school. Bellevue never beat us. Anyway, I'll take photo's of the game and see if I can put them up here on this thread.

Been to the Seattle area many times. I love it there. Is that one seafood place still down at the wharf? Ivar's, I think its called. Also had the best steak that I've ever had at the Metropolitan Grill. Better than the Precinct here in Cincy. (Hope Ruby doesn't read Yappi)

Been to the Seattle area many times. I love it there. Is that one seafood place still down at the wharf? Ivar's, I think its called. Also had the best steak that I've ever had at the Metropolitan Grill. Better than the Precinct here in Cincy. (Hope Ruby doesn't read Yappi)

Yes, Ivars is still there. Now there are several Ivars all around the Seattle area. That original Ivars you're talking about, it's still there on the Seattle waterfront. I really like the Seattle area also. So when I retired, I decided to move back up here, after working for 25 years in Southern Cal.
Growing up, I lived in L.A. until I was 10, then we moved to Centerville, Ohio. I lived there for 4 years, and we moved back to LA for 9 months (so my dad could get trained for an FAA job up in Seattle). Then I lived in Bellevue, Wa and went to high school there (Interlake) and then Bellevue College.
Interlake hosts Bellevue HS tomorrow. I'm planning on going to this game. I'll take photo's and post a thread for everyone to see. BTW, it should be nice weather for the game tomorrow. The Seattle area has had the driest combined August/September in 122 years of recorded history. It's only rained 3/100s of an inch during those two months. And the forecast for the next 7 days, sunny with no rain in sight!
EDIT: Something came up today that I'm not making the hour drive to the Bellevue game today.
EDIT: It would have been nice to see interlake (my old high school) playing at home against Bellevue last Friday. Except for the fact that Bellevue beat Interlake 70-7. :eek:

Last edited: