Beavercreek vs Upper Arlington

MajorFan

Beavercreek's last regular season game is Saturday against Upper Arlington at Upper Arlington.

Anybody got any insight into UP's team or how they think this is going to end up?

Beavercreek - Upper Arlington

Upper Arlington is 6-3-5 with the following results against quality teams:

Perrysburg 1 - UA 0
UA 2 - Dublin Jerome 1
Dublin Coffman 2 - UA 0

24 Goals For - 13 Goals Against

Beavercreek has too much offense for UA. Beavercreek will win.

1-1 Tie

Beavercreek finished up the regular season with a 1-1 tie with Upper Arlington.

The officiating was dicey throughout the entire game. Neither crowd was very pleased by the calls from the referees.

Upper Arlington scored on the first half off an indirect kick.

Beavercreek finally responsed with about 15 minutes left in the game on a PK by Eric Mayhew after a handball in the goal by UA.

I'll let others who were at the game add further comments.

'Creek starts its playoff run next Saturday, 10/20, against the winner of the Piqua vs. Troy game. Go Creek!

I managed to make it up to UA because I have a friend on that team. UA completely dominated Beavercreek. Beavercreek was very lucky to get out of their with any sort of a result. Especially because the handball that was called was not a handball. The UA player cleared it off the goal line with his head and they called a handball. And 5 minutes before that a goal was called back from UA for an offside call that was impossible because the ball was played backwards onto a streaking UA player. UA is very capable of going far in the tournament. Beavercreek is way overrated, they never really had a threatening oppurtunity from the run of play, maybe they just played bad but that was a very dissaponting #1 team. Beavercreek didn't have an answer for #17 on UA, he tore them apart and that was the difference in the game.

Beavercreek has potential but UA is ranked 8th in the central District for the district tournament which is rather low but Beavercreek was completely outplayed by the 8th best team in central Ohio...doesn't say much for Dayton Soccer. I think Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are all better this year than Dayton.

You say Dayton soccer is the worst in the state when mason, the best in Cincinnati, barely beat Fairmont, who is like the 4th or 5th best out of Dayton. Let's wait for the tournament to start making those kind of predictions. I dont see a Cincinnati team beating Beavercreek.

Last edited:
if we don't get to you guys, I know for a fact Mason can beat you and even west has a chance. I think the State rankings are screwed. There's no respect for cincinnati soccer even though X and FF have made it to the finals the past two years...Cincinnati soccer is going to make a name for itself by beating Beavercreek whether it's us or Mason mark my words.

Im not trying to talk smack, I just dont know of any team in Cincy or Dayton that could beat Beavercreek when they are at the top of their game. I dont think either city gets enough recognition in the state tournament...

Let's be honest here, the only city that does get recognition is Cleveland but rightfully so because they win them all. Columbus hasn't won one since 2003 and they haven't put a team in the D1 Champ since 2004. Cincinnati gets there and falls short, In D1 its been awhile since Dayton has gotten a team there? Im not sure if that is correct but thats how it feels

i agree

Beavercreek is very over rated. Although they beat the other top teams in Dayton i believe they are not the top team

You guys sure are talking alot of smack for teams who have yet to win one tourny game. It seems to me that these matchups you are speaking of are at least 3 or 4 games away. If you have only seen a team play 1 time, how can you make a determination on how "good" you think they are, or say that seeing a 1-0 result is not a "good" win. You all know every game is different. I'd concentrate on 1 game at a time, and if these matchups occur, great, let the team play do the talking. The only area I haven't seen teams play this year is Cleveland, don't have to, know they are good. However, from what I have seen out of Cincy, Dayton and Columbus, its up in the air. IMO, those big games down the road are going to be decided on who makes the mistake, and who captitalizes off it, so lets hope the overall officiating picks up a bit. Its one and done boys, so lets see where we all are in about 2 weeks... Good luck all teams, you all have a shot!

I managed to make it up to UA because I have a friend on that team. UA completely dominated Beavercreek. Beavercreek was very lucky to get out of their with any sort of a result. Especially because the handball that was called was not a handball. The UA player cleared it off the goal line with his head and they called a handball. And 5 minutes before that a goal was called back from UA for an offside call that was impossible because the ball was played backwards onto a streaking UA player. UA is very capable of going far in the tournament. Beavercreek is way overrated, they never really had a threatening oppurtunity from the run of play, maybe they just played bad but that was a very dissaponting #1 team. Beavercreek didn't have an answer for #17 on UA, he tore them apart and that was the difference in the game.

Beavercreek has potential but UA is ranked 8th in the central District for the district tournament which is rather low but Beavercreek was completely outplayed by the 8th best team in central Ohio...doesn't say much for Dayton Soccer. I think Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are all better this year than Dayton.

Your detailed eyewitness account of the game is very interesting, especially since the handball in the goal was at one end of the field, past the seating, and the offsides was on the other end of the field, at the very end of the seating.

UA did dominate the first half of this game; however, it was Beavercreek that dominated the second.

Your opinions on Dayton area soccer are ill-informed.

There is no way Beavercreek dominated the second half, you obviously weren't there if you can say that. Beavercreek DID NOT THREATEN FROM THE RUN OF PLAY. The UA goalie had almost no saves, the only times they were dangerous were off set pieces and bad PK calls.. And how is it that if the Best team in Dayton and the state can barely hang on to tie the 8th best team in Columbus, that those are ill informed...sound slike Columbus is better,

Then maybe columbus is better, but if thats the case then its better than dayton and cincy. I dont know where all the cincy kids get the idea that dayton soccer is so terrible.

Like i said Mason Owns, mason beat fairmont 1-0. A team that beavercreek stomped. They also lost to about three other teams in dayton. So if you wanna base your theory of "dayton sucks" off one bad game from beavercreek then you will be in for a surprise especially when the top cincy team only beat the fifth or sixth top ranked team out of dayton 1-0.

Its one game JMC....Im not sure y everyone bases opinions on one game...the fairmont mason game has no reflection of how mason really is...i think it was good they got out of there with the win b/c the ref practically gave Fairmont every opportunity to win...my guess is that you werent at the game and prolly just saw a 1-0 score and thought well maybe mason isnt very good cuz they only beat fairmont 1-0...but that is not true by any means.

If we're going to base one SCORE on a teams whole season for mason then why don't we do it for Beavercreek.

Mason BEAT the 4 team in dayton 1-0

Beavercreek TIED the 7 or 8 team in UA

Both of these teams are great, I think we all know this and everyone knows you can't base a season off one game. Beavercreek and Mason are the only two undefeated teams in ohio!!! They are great teams. Let's just hope they play eachother, then we'll know who the truely better team is!

also during the mason/fairmont game it was fairmont's senior day and mason's homecoming was later that night. i'm not making any excuses but maybe one team was a lot more focused then the other and had more to play for, and if they were to play again the outcome would be a lot different?

I agree that the Mason vs Beavercreek matchup is one worth hoping to see. If it does happen, it'll be Sat Nov 3 for the Regional Final at Northmont at 3:00 pm.

Wayne / Elder

if we don't get to you guys, I know for a fact Mason can beat you and even west has a chance. I think the State rankings are screwed. There's no respect for cincinnati soccer even though X and FF have made it to the finals the past two years...Cincinnati soccer is going to make a name for itself by beating Beavercreek whether it's us or Mason mark my words.

will you even get past wayne?

Handball.jpg

Clearly a handball...........