Beavercreek names new coach

I never saw it hit the OHSAA website and heard no chatter about it being open or why it was open. Strange.
It was up on the Dayton Area Schools Consortium website. I recall asking about it on the Springboro thread and nobody seemed to know anything. Definitely strange having a job this big fly under the radar like this.

Maybe once...
cc5e9cfd-2087-4801-8bb5-6d0f454796b1.jpg

Pitt is a Beavercreek alum, a BHS Hall of Famer and played on one of the most successful UD teams so he checked all the boxes however he can be a very peculiar guy. Very happy for Isaiah but he'll be on a short leash as well Beavercreek is another one of those communities and it is sad because it was a basketball power in the area for decades. Beavercreek and Centerville have definitely switched places in terms of basketball.

Pitt is a Beavercreek alum, a BHS Hall of Famer and played on one of the most successful UD teams so he checked all the boxes however he can be a very peculiar guy. Very happy for Isaiah but he'll be on a short leash as well Beavercreek is another one of those communities and it is sad because it was a basketball power in the area for decades. Beavercreek and Centerville have definitely switched places in terms of basketball.
What decade you talking? Centerville has been consistently better than Beavercreek for a WHILE now

What decade you talking? Centerville has been consistently better than Beavercreek for a WHILE now
Ha.....been awhile but the Larry Holden years were golden for Beavercreek

I heard the kids didn’t like him and it was a bit out of control. Kids didn’t enjoy playing for him. Surprised they hired a guy who has a son that is only a sophomore.
Pitt is a Beavercreek alum, a BHS Hall of Famer and played on one of the most successful UD teams so he checked all the boxes however he can be a very peculiar guy. Very happy for Isaiah but he'll be on a short leash as well Beavercreek is another one of those communities and it is sad because it was a basketball power in the area for decades. Beavercreek and Centerville have definitely switched places in terms of basketball

I don't know how far back you go but 80's, 90's early 2000's then shortly after Holden left the decline began so that's 3 decades they were putting out D1 players year in year out Pittman, Schaeffer, Pikar, Tillman to name a few and sharp shooters Back, Diorio, and others, Jamie Holden was a playmaking point guard in the late 90's those days are long gone. There was another big with Pikar I can't remember but they were #1 in D1 in Ohio in the early 90's and were consistently state ranked.

I don't know how far back you go but 80's, 90's early 2000's then shortly after Holden left the decline began so that's 3 decades they were putting out D1 players year in year out Pittman, Schaeffer, Pikar, Tillman to name a few and sharp shooters Back, Diorio, and others, Jamie Holden was a playmaking point guard in the late 90's those days are long gone. There was another big with Pikar I can't remember but they were #1 in D1 in Ohio in the early 90's and were consistently state ranked.
Would that have been George Freiberger? He was 6'7" and went on to play defensive line at Villanova. More of a bruiser than Pikar to be sure. He would have graduated in 1993 I believe. I can't remember when Pikar would have graduated. Holden's teams were really on the decline as far as being dominant during the end of his tenure there, but I don't remember them losing to Centerville very often. Holden was really good at using the talent he had though. I remember well him spreading the offense out and draining the clock out. Former WSU assistant and Northmont head coach Jim Brown's son was fun to watch there in the mid 90's as well.

Creek did have some solid teams back in the day. Totally forgot about that.