Beaver Local (1-1) At Minerva (0-2)

EOAC is a better fit, IMO.
I would show up to every game no matter what league but would be disappointed if D4 Minerva would join a conference with all D6 and D7 schools. Minerva would dominate that conference in just about every sport on a consistent basis. Maybe not in football the last few years, but we would be the big dog, like Louisville was. I am not even sure these schools have all of the sports that we do.

I think we need to pause on jumping conferences, let’s at least get through this football season, it seems like we are going in the right direction.

United and Sandy Valley will be big gates ($$$) when they are home games for the Lions. That isnt an issue. I agree with 1988... Marlington and Alliance have outgrown the league. If Minerva, CS, Salem, WB, and Carrollton could team up with the likes of Beaver, EL, or go west and lure Northwest, Tuslaw, Fairless, etc that would be best .

5 Teams are same size in the current EBC, 2 arent. Minerva competes in a lot of sports in the EBC, football is almost an outlier.

I think Beaver Local and maybe EL would be a nice additions to Minerva, CS, Salem, WB, and Carrollton. Although East Liverpool would require quite a bit of travel. I wonder it Sandy Valley would ever consider a change to a bigger conference?

I see that the Minerva candy coating has a hold on these threads too, no opinion unless it’s what we want to hear. Funny stuff, your right Buckeye I have said it since the NBC didn’t go 2 tier. Minerva has no business in the EBC. We just have enough JV to field a team, no extra. What does that say for the future. Numbers are where they are, we can’t and will not have success in the EBC, so kids won’t go out and play for a losing program with no chance of advancing to playoffs or winning more than a few games. We can stay in the EBC but Lions fans are in for years of losing. I think a new league would benefit our program immensely and give the kids a chance to be successful. How about a 2 tier EBC? I think the Wing T is to predictable and outdated but with some changes on the Defensive side we could have a chance to win this game. I like more play action (pump fakes) and motion on offense. Common at QB and Costea at RB or WR.
I get your opinions, I don’t necessarily agree them but that’s ok. IMO The wing T can work, especially when mixing in the pass like coach Albert did last week. I don’t think any run heavy offense will work regardless of what the blocking scheme is, we have to have balance, we don’t have the horses up front to be a run heavy team. I think Costea is the right choice at quarterback, he is off to a pretty good start, he is throwing a good ball and manages the game well, Common is pretty valuable as a blocker, receiver and ball carrier- in my opinion. So I think that’s the right combination. We are 2 games and I think the coaches are getting a feel for the kids strengths and weaknesses now that they have a couple of games under their belt. I think they are will continue to make tweaks throughout the year. I think Hundley and the coaches are building a good culture and so far the program is going in the right direction. It does help because there are some good players.

Minerva had some quality teams in other boys sports during the span of the 42 game losing streak. There is really no reason to leave the EBC. They just had some classes that didn’t have enough athletes for 4 fall sports over the last few years. Some of the best athletes in the school won the NBC golf titles in the last 2 years of its existence. Add some phenomenal athletes that played soccer and were very successful. We have a solid wrestling program, had some very good basketball teams, very good cross country and track teams and pretty good run in baseball under Rocky Bourquin. We happen to have 3 or 4 classes in row that never had a lot of football players or if they did, they quit or couldn’t stay eligible. They cycle may be changing with the junior class, hopefully they get some wins and excitement back in the program- the numbers will come it that happens.

I do think that Alliance and maybe Marlington should look to move but the others are fine,
Marlington’s success will end after this season . Their talent pool for the next 3-4 years is non existent. Every Duke fan should concur this

This is a thread About Friday’s game but I can give an opinion on the EBC- Minerva, canton south, Carrollton and Salem are all in the same situation. They all have similar enrollments and If you look at historical records, these 4 schools are all very similar in all sports and should be playing each other. They are good matchups. West Branch isn’t too far off- alliance and marlington are going to be the cream of the crop in most sports most of the time in the current EBC - so yes of would be nice to get into a perfect conference that includes Minerva, Carrollton, Salem and Canton South but in 2019 we have a schedule to play and we need improve to compete. And there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to compete with the 4 schools mentioned and our non-league schedule on a yearly basis, that is what coach Hundley and staff are after.
Shouldn’t we have seen Alliance and Marlington were going to be the “Louisville” of the league once they were kicked out for being a competitive program! If Alliance and Marlington leave then what? EBC is done. We just need to go to a new league without a doubt. We may win a couple games but in the future we will win” a couple games” . If that’s ok then stay in the EBC, but with the numbers issue apparent for the foreseeable future losing will not build a program. Kids want to play for a winning program that gives them a realistic chance to win. IVC would do that along with other local leagues. Travel is not the issue, having a chance to have winning season is! The game can be won by the Lions Friday night they just need to have better coaching decisions. Let’s kick extra points and get more confusing and aggressive on defense. Cannot be predictable. I don’t like this Wing T but if we spice it up a little more with some simple changes maybe we can win. Wing T didn’t work for coach Hall and it will not work for coach Hundley if he don’t get more creative once EBC play starts. I was a former (winning) Lion and have lived in Minerva all my life! I am passionate about our Lions but I’m realistic. I know how Minerva community works inside and out from top to bottom.

I get your opinions, I don’t necessarily agree them but that’s ok. IMO The wing T can work, especially when mixing in the pass like coach Albert did last week. I don’t think any run heavy offense will work regardless of what the blocking scheme is, we have to have balance, we don’t have the horses up front to be a run heavy team. I think Costea is the right choice at quarterback, he is off to a pretty good start, he is throwing a good ball and manages the game well, Common is pretty valuable as a blocker, receiver and ball carrier- in my opinion. So I think that’s the right combination. We are 2 games and I think the coaches are getting a feel for the kids strengths and weaknesses now that they have a couple of games under their belt. I think they are will continue to make tweaks throughout the year. I think Hundley and the coaches are building a good culture and so far the program is going in the right direction. It does help because there are some good players.
I hope your right on all counts, remember we are on the same team even if it gets heated we both want the best for our Lions! I hope we at least go 5-5.

Shouldn’t we have seen Alliance and Marlington were going to be the “Louisville” of the league once they were kicked out for being a competitive program! If Alliance and Marlington leave then what? EBC is done. We just need to go to a new league without a doubt. We may win a couple games but in the future we will win” a couple games” . If that’s ok then stay in the EBC, but with the numbers issue apparent for the foreseeable future losing will not build a program. Kids want to play for a winning program that gives them a realistic chance to win. IVC would do that along with other local leagues. Travel is not the issue, having a chance to have winning season is! The game can be won by the Lions Friday night they just need to have better coaching decisions. Let’s kick extra points and get more confusing and aggressive on defense. Cannot be predictable. I don’t like this Wing T but if we spice it up a little more with some simple changes maybe we can win. Wing T didn’t work for coach Hall and it will not work for coach Hundley if he don’t get more creative once EBC play starts. I was a former (winning) Lion and have lived in Minerva all my life! I am passionate about our Lions but I’m realistic. I know how Minerva community works inside and out from top to bottom.

I agree with Warrior333. Marlington will likely be with the rest of the pack next year. Their Senior class is very good. I don't think they will be awful because the sophomore class is decent but I think Alliance is the school growing out of the conference.

I ain't never heard of no beaver local. Sounds like a ripoff Beavercreek. And Minerva? Is that not the name of Harry Potter's Headmistress at Hogwarts? These school names nowadays.

I ain't never heard of no beaver local. Sounds like a ripoff Beavercreek. And Minerva? Is that not the name of Harry Potter's Headmistress at Hogwarts? These school names nowadays.
I actually grew up in Lisborn, right around Beaver Local. I'll have you know that its a very nice town. My grandma still bakes me cookies from time to time when i visit her cabin up there.

Lion86 - I have read enough of your garbage, twisted story and ax to grind. Enough. There is NO WAY you every wore a lions uniform. In one post you say that you have not paid attention to Minerva since you moved out 12 year ago, the next post you say you have been in Minerva your entire life. I still think it is funny how much you and Warriors333 have in "Common". This toxic parent environment is part of what got us here, but the correct path heading out is finally happening.

If anything Alliance and Marlington need to team up with Louisville, Dover and NP And form a league. The remaining teams on the EBC are good matchups
I spoke of a two tier “NBC” including big tier above then Minerva, Salem, Carrollton, WB and CS in small league. Not ideal with 5 in each but could be realistic with a formula of playing 4 OOC games ( which we play now) play the 4 teams in your league, then 2 teams in the other conference rotating teams every year. Minerva would still be playing Louisville about every 3 years using rotation. I guess some teams in the NBC didn’t like the idea so here we are today scratching our heads. That would be an awesome league. Could still be done just be EBC now. Could always entertain 1 more school in each league to make 6 in each but 5 could work.

Lion86 - I have read enough of your garbage, twisted story and ax to grind. Enough. There is NO WAY you every wore a lions uniform. In one post you say that you have not paid attention to Minerva since you moved out 12 year ago, the next post you say you have been in Minerva your entire life. I still think it is funny how much you and Warriors333 have in "Common". This toxic parent environment is part of what got us here, but the correct path heading out is finally happening.
Why don’t you and clueless stop! It’s my opinions. I never said I moved out 12 years ago, I have lived in Minerva all my life and was a Lion and don’t know who warrior 333 is. It’s not personal, this is an opinion based forum. If you don’t like my posts, then don’t read them. I can make an accusation too coaches! Instead of reading a forum, how about do your job!!! You take this to personal to not be coaches in the program , again, this is a forum of opinions? You guys must teachers too, right! Go Lions!

Why don’t you and clueless stop! It’s my opinions. I never said I moved out 12 years ago, I have lived in Minerva all my life and was a Lion and don’t know who warrior 333 is. It’s not personal, this is an opinion based forum. If you don’t like my posts, then don’t read them. I can make an accusation too coaches! Instead of reading a forum, how about do your job!!! You take this to personal to not be coaches in the program , again, this is a forum of opinions? You guys must be teachers too, right! Go Lions!

I am telling you - if you think Lion 86 and warrio33 “Common” you are dead wrong!

Macdaddy- I believe yappi is for discussing high school sports and not practicing your investigating reporting skills- I have a feeling you think Lion 86 and warrior have something in “Common” - you are dead wrong! If I am reading this correctly, it is defamation of character towards a certain family - so please stop with you NCIS reporting if you don’t know the facts. I have no idea who Lion86 or Warrior333 and neither do you

I sent you a personal message through yappi If you would like to discuss it

Last edited:
Lion86 and Warrior333, it appears that Macdaddy has investigated and found that you are the same person and a parent of one of the Minerva players.

Why don’t you and clueless stop! It’s my opinions. I never said I moved out 12 years ago, I have lived in Minerva all my life and was a Lion and don’t know who warrior 333 is. It’s not personal, this is an opinion based forum. If you don’t like my posts, then don’t read them. I can make an accusation too coaches! Instead of reading a forum, how about do your job!!! You take this to personal to not be coaches in the program , again, this is a forum of opinions? You guys must teachers too, right! Go Lions!

Lion86, Maybe you should take your own advice! If you dont like what they have to say then dont read their posts----- This is an opinion based forum after all, right!

Thoughts on this match up that will be played in Minerva. Both teams are in D4, Region 13. Seems to be setting up as a competitive game.

Beaver defeated D6 LaBrae but lost to D2 Kenmore- Garfield. Both were relatively low scoring games. Beaver has scored 29 pts and allowed 33.
Minerva has lost to D6 United and D5 Sandy Valley. Both were relatively high scoring games. Minerva has scored 46 pts and allowed 69.

Please comment on the GAME with class and respect. If you only want to bash coaches, schemes, players or elaborate on Minerva's losing streak then please go somewhere else. Good luck to both teams.

Basketball Lover started this thread to talk about tonight's game. But the posts took a turn with a new twists. I want to talk about the game but felt I need to talk about the elephant in the room. It seems to me that Macdaddy is assuming that Lion86/Warrior333 are the same person and they are Jimmy Common's father as he posted " still think it is funny how much you (Lion86) and Warriors333 have in "Common". I have no idea who Lion86 and Warrior333 are but I am very active on Yappi and I am 99.99% sure that they are not the same person. I also know Mr. Common fairly well and I am 99.99% sure that neither of these posters are him. So Macdaddy, you really need to stop playing Mr. Private Investigator. You are doing the same thing the Lion86 did by talking about "daddy ball" last year.

As far as the game goes, if the Lions keep showing improvement like they did in week 1 to week 2 they should be very competitive in this game.

Good Luck Lions!

I am 100% wrong and apologize for making this personal again. I want Minerva back to what they were, a proud and strong program. Go Lions! Let get that win tonight.

I am 100% wrong and apologize for making this personal again. I want Minerva back to what they were, a proud and strong program. Go Lions! Let get that win tonight.
We all want the same thing MacDaddy!! I made some posts I would like to take back in the past.

Go Lions!

I think Beaver Local and maybe EL would be a nice additions to Minerva, CS, Salem, WB, and Carrollton. Although East Liverpool would require quite a bit of travel. I wonder it Sandy Valley would ever consider a change to a bigger conference?
Beaver Local, East Liverpool, Salem, West Branch, Minerva, Carrollton would be a nice league, great gates to all sports. Doubtful though it seems East Liverpool and Beaver Local are happy playing down river with some pretty weak competition, this league would be better competition for them in all sports.

Didn’t happen tonight- the Lions took 2 steps forward in weeks 1 and 2 and 3 steps back tonight- 45-12 loss. Got to play a heck of a lot better

Didn’t happen tonight- the Lions took 2 steps forward in weeks 1 and 2 and 3 steps back tonight- 45-12 loss. Got to play a heck of a lot better
Breakdown of film and this Wing T has already caught up with us. We have missed assignments on defense and just not aggressive enough. We need to open it up on offense and change pretty much everything including the QB position. We need to try a new approach without a doubt. Coaches didn’t have the kids ready at all and want to stick with a predictable offense to accommodate certain people, ridiculous! We were out coached tonight big time. We are looking at 0-10 so let’s just make some smart changes and I believe it will pay off with some wins. Everyone says we have the athletes so then what’s the problem other than what I said. Don’t say numbers because our coaches and administration have caused the mess we are in and numbers won’t go up until we start winning again. Lot of issues, think it starts with exiting EBC and ends with coaching.

Breakdown of film and this Wing T has already caught up with us. We have missed assignments on defense and just not aggressive enough. We need to open it up on offense and change pretty much everything including the QB position. We need to try a new approach without a doubt. Coaches didn’t have the kids ready at all and want to stick with a predictable offense to accommodate certain people, ridiculous! We were out coached tonight big time. We are looking at 0-10 so let’s just make some smart changes and I believe it will pay off with some wins. Everyone says we have the athletes so then what’s the problem other than what I said. Don’t say numbers because our coaches and administration have caused the mess we are in and numbers won’t go up until we start winning again. Lot of issues, think it starts with exiting EBC and ends with coaching.
It was a rough one Lion and your assessment of the game is pretty accurate in my opinion. I really don’t want to question the coaches because last week was really encouraging. I am hoping to chalk this one up to we just played bad and we will bounce back. I don’t know if the wing T is as good offense or not for us. My only question is- why do we have not 1 but 2 big and fast running backs that are not really part of the offense. 24 is 180 and 10 is 200 and both are fast and run hard. It was early in the game- we were still within striking distance and these 2 kids were standing next to each other on the sideline! Why?? They were in together the first offense drive of the 2nd half and we drove inside the 5 and they both looked good- but I looked on the side line and 25 and 49 were on the bench- the strength of this team is that they have good skilled kids- however we just don’t use them. I really do think the culture has changed and last night was just a terrible game by the coaches and players. And give beaver local all the credit, they played like there were on a mission. In many ways this 2019 team is a lot different that 2018 but in many ways the same. A one dimensional offense that doesn’t use the talent the best way possible . I am confident that Coach Hundley and the staff will get us back on track. I really don’t want to sound negative but there was not a lot of positive from last night. In my opinion 24, 25, 49 and 10 should rarely come off the field/ only when they need a break for a couple of plays. There are 4 spots in the backfield and 2 receiver spots- there is room for all of them. We are not good enough to compete without our best 11 football players on the field. I really don’t care what offense we run, we will not be consistently successful on offense until the coaches figure out a way to play the best 11 the majority of the time.

Let’s get back to work and get a W next week.